DJ Top 100 2011

Yeah - I've learned so much about music from Cosmo...there doesn't seem to be a genre she doesn't know her way around.

Andy Butler - deserves a credit for being so inventive with technology. When I saw him, he was fiddling around with decks, samplers and a big reel 2 reel tape machine. Great stuff.

Felix - his modern take on acid house is better than anybodys imo...I'll never forget the places he took me to in the Downlow back in 08.

Kerri Chandler - well the man just 'is' deep house - fu(k all these Euro producers. He plays keyboard while he DJs and often gets on the mic - very personable chap too.
...and he has a way of playing with his effects console to make his signature tunes (bar a thym/atmosphere etc) sound even more :eek: :eek: :eek: .

You just can't argue with the above.

Tiesto?!? Pur-lease. :rolleyes:

Yeah - I've learned so much about music from Cosmo...there doesn't seem to be a genre she doesn't know her way around.

Andy Butler - deserves a credit for being so inventive with technology. When I saw him, he was fiddling around with decks, samplers and a big reel 2 reel tape machine. Great stuff.

Felix - his modern take on acid house is better than anybodys imo...I'll never forget the places he took me to in the Downlow back in 08.

Kerri Chandler - well the man just 'is' deep house - fu(k all these Euro producers. He plays keyboard while he DJs and often gets on the mic - very personable chap too.
...and he has a way of playing with his effects console to make his signature tunes (bar a thym/atmosphere etc) sound even more :eek: :eek: :eek: .

You just can't argue with the above.

Tiesto?!? Pur-lease. :rolleyes:

each to their own though Rob innit??

its an age thing as well i think.....

each to their own though Rob innit??

its an age thing as well i think.....

Too right.

Kids know nothing about house. :lol: (fu(king true tho)

I will allow people to contest the point if they can come up with genuine reasons as to why these clowns are 'innovators' and can work the equipment/play instruments/showcase their own productions in the same way*.

* and hiring state of the art lighting/LED companies and wearing big ferret ears DOESN'T count. :lol:

me too mate, as i said the cream residency period was outstanding. was there every saturday (showing my age now!)...there is no disputing his pulling power, breaking of new records etc etc then. But that was the like 90's. It was 10 plus years ago....

Its shocking isn't it when you count back the years and realise, sh!t that was ages ago:rolleyes:

I didn't manage Cream every week like you, as it was too far for me to travel, but those nights I did make it up there were epic nights and nights I will never forget;)

I agree with you that after Cream Paul did fall by the wayside, especially the problems that were encountered with Home didn't help, but the good thing is that after all these years he's still with us:D

Too right.

I will allow people to contest the point if they can come up with genuine reasons as to why these clowns are 'innovators' and can work the equipment/play instruments/showcase their own productions in the same way*.

* and hiring state of the art lighting/LED companies and wearing big ferret ears DOESN'T count. :lol:

Did at Deadmau5 much? :lol:

Too right.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Prediction for 2011
1) David Guetta
2) Armin Van Buuren
3) Deadmau5
4) Tiesto
5) Axwell
6) Above & Beyond
7) Paul Van Dyk
8) Swedish House Mafia (Or member of)
9) Markus Schulz
10) Ferry Corsten

Skrillex will enter the top 20, and SHM will all be top 20

Prediction for 2011
1) David Guetta
2) Armin Van Buuren
3) Deadmau5
4) Tiesto
5) Axwell
6) Above & Beyond
7) Paul Van Dyk
8) Swedish House Mafia (Or member of)
9) Markus Schulz
10) Ferry Corsten

Skrillex will enter the top 20, and SHM will all be top 20

I take it that SHM sunglasses smiley was accidental. ;)

The only reason trance features so heavily in this poll is because a massive amount of people in America vote.

Just look at last years top 10 -

http://www.djmag.com/top100

I think the RA top 100 is a lot more accurate with whats happening in Ibiza and around Europe.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1221

thats partially true......

but you cannot dispute the popularity of the likes of SHM, Guetta, Tiesto etc etc in the UK and Europe.

As i say, its a reflection of popularity of DJ's. Those mentioned above are not to my taste at all, but there isn't one DJ in the RA poll who can pull anywhere near as many punters as these people.

I am not saying that pulling more punters makes them better DJ's obviously, cos anyone who thinks that Guetta/AVB/Tiesto is a better DJ than someone like Dixon (just taking a random selection from the RA list) is just plain daft like!

The sunglasses were accidental :p

It's a reflection of popularity from people WITHIN the EDM scene.

Guetta has 30,000,000 fans on Facebook.
Armin has 3,000,000, yet Armin won the top 100.
A lot of Guetta's fans don't even know what DJ Mag is. If they were to use those fan numbers, Guetta would win without any contest.

The sunglasses were accidental :p

It's a reflection of popularity from people WITHIN the EDM scene.

Guetta has 30,000,000 fans on Facebook.
Armin has 3,000,000, yet Armin won the top 100.
A lot of Guetta's fans don't even know what DJ Mag is. If they were to use those fan numbers, Guetta would win without any contest.

is that a typo??? Guetta has 30 million fans?!?! ie the same as 50% as the population of the UK?!?!?

that is nuts!

thats partially true......

but you cannot dispute the popularity of the likes of SHM, Guetta, Tiesto etc etc in the UK and Europe.

As i say, its a reflection of popularity of DJ's. Those mentioned above are not to my taste at all, but there isn't one DJ in the RA poll who can pull anywhere near as many punters as these people.

SHM, Guetta and Tiesto are just money making machines, it's not about the music for them. I don't even class them as DJs.

It's all down to your tastes but it is fair to say that trance has been fading away in Europe for years. 5-9 in last years DJ mag top 10 aren't exactly big names over here compared to their popularity in the US.

I usually vote and base it on the best 5 sets I've seen so far that year to judge it.
I've only seen Marco V this year so far.....will have to wait until Ibiza to make the decision.

Kind of fallen out of love with heading out every week to go and see my favourite djs...no idea why though.

I like Mr. C's approach on his facebook page :

Mr.C
This'll keep you giggling throughout the summer. ;)

DON'T VOTE FOR MR.C DJMAG 100
Please don't vote for me in the DJ Mag top 100 DJ's. It's not that I don't like DJ Mag as I do, although I couldn't eat a whole one. They've done a great job along with all of the other dance magazine...

Back