DJ Mag or Mixmag

Mixmag is the biggest pile of sh1t i've ever had the misfortune to read. It's funny how though when they feature some 'hot new trend' - everyone buys into it and it becomes the next big thing- so they must have some influence on the public!

DJ mag isn't too bad but I still wouldn't buy it.

If you had to choose...

here's an alternative choice

a/ jurassic dance mags you have to pay for with limited content, packed with sterile press releases, tacky pix and out of date news

b/ the internet - free, up to date, limitless, custom fcken designed to whatever your needs

hmm...

here's an alternative choice

a/ jurassic dance mags you have to pay for with limited content, packed with sterile press releases, tacky pix and out of date news

b/ the internet - free, up to date, limitless, custom fcken designed to whatever your needs

hmm...

The second thing I agree with, after the signature ;)

(Not free though)

My policy is that “I am in the listening/learning/enjoying music business” and not in the certain magazine, DJ, club, etc. business. Hence, if MixMag is good one month I will read MixMag and vice versa.

I've never bought Mixmag. Flicked through it in WH Smith once and was un-impressed.

I buy DJ Mag sometimes.

Well, I buy both and as a Dj who is hated far and wide by the Dj community (but loved by punters every where) I prefer Mixmag.

See, I love music and culture and ****. Mixmag is about more than just, Dj ****. Mixmag is about PEOPLE. Punters/Patrons in a scene that Dj's are highlighted in. Dj mag is JUST about Dj's. Now, as a Dj myself, the **** I read about in Dj mag is what I deal with every day.

Alot of "Dj's" will crap on about how crap MixMag is and how retarded you are if you read it (especially if you're a Dj who reads it) but, atleast MixMag knows how to have a laugh.

You gotta have a laugh at Dj's because so many of them are just so pathetically full of themselves that to read magazines and publications and, even forum posts by these dickhead Dj's who take themselves THAT seriously (You know the types yeah? The ones who bag the new comers and jump down their necks or bag the guy who does mobile gigs or something, yet, never really have ANYTHING to show for themselves. The ones who act famous but have only played for 6 people.), is, frustrating. VERY frustrating. When you live with it day in, day out and you log onto the internet and you get it from these super serious Dj's who all crap on about how UN-serious they are. When you cop it when you go to work from them, when you get it EVERY day from these Dj's, then when you get the chance to sit down and relax and read a magazine, I think you want to read about what you love and enjoy it and not be reminded of the politics and bull**** that goes with your job. But, if you love your job, your stuck... You want to read about it, but, not the bull****. Thus, Mixmag is fantastic.

I can sit down, read about parties and people and have a laugh and still be reading about the world I love.

When I have to get serious and get ahead of the game and ****.. Then, Dj Mag. .... I-Dj tho is more for that. I-Dj is even better than Dj mag I think. But, all of them, the majority of their free Cd's are ****. The majority of their track listings are **** and too be honest for 'The Dj Magazine for Dj's', it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the music sections are that bad because, Dj's don't like to share and I think ALOT of the Dj's involved in these publications only ever really give you the left overs of whats out there so they can have the good bits for themselves.

I haven't found a GREAT song from these magazines in YEARS, tho years ago, Mixmag had a brilliant music section. The Mixmag music section was my guide to music. I-Dj I like because they had a great forum.

Also. Olly, anyone who has to release a secret knows that to keep it a secret before it's released the best thing to do is keep it OFF the internet. The internet isn't first inline for EVERYTHING. No where near as much as it believes it is. The real world still has first dibs on whats new because people know that as soon as they release it on the internet it becames worthless because the internet is disposable and everyone will just score it for free.

Well, I buy both and as a Dj who is hated far and wide by the Dj community (but loved by punters every where) I prefer Mixmag.

See, I love music and culture and ****. Mixmag is about more than just, Dj ****. Mixmag is about PEOPLE. Punters/Patrons in a scene that Dj's are highlighted in. Dj mag is JUST about Dj's. Now, as a Dj myself, the **** I read about in Dj mag is what I deal with every day.

Alot of "Dj's" will crap on about how crap MixMag is and how retarded you are if you read it (especially if you're a Dj who reads it) but, atleast MixMag knows how to have a laugh.

You gotta have a laugh at Dj's because so many of them are just so pathetically full of themselves that to read magazines and publications and, even forum posts by these dickhead Dj's who take themselves THAT seriously (You know the types yeah? The ones who bag the new comers and jump down their necks or bag the guy who does mobile gigs or something, yet, never really have ANYTHING to show for themselves. The ones who act famous but have only played for 6 people.), is, frustrating. VERY frustrating. When you live with it day in, day out and you log onto the internet and you get it from these super serious Dj's who all crap on about how UN-serious they are. When you cop it when you go to work from them, when you get it EVERY day from these Dj's, then when you get the chance to sit down and relax and read a magazine, I think you want to read about what you love and enjoy it and not be reminded of the politics and bull**** that goes with your job. But, if you love your job, your stuck... You want to read about it, but, not the bull****. Thus, Mixmag is fantastic.

I can sit down, read about parties and people and have a laugh and still be reading about the world I love.

When I have to get serious and get ahead of the game and ****.. Then, Dj Mag. .... I-Dj tho is more for that. I-Dj is even better than Dj mag I think. But, all of them, the majority of their free Cd's are ****. The majority of their track listings are **** and too be honest for 'The Dj Magazine for Dj's', it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the music sections are that bad because, Dj's don't like to share and I think ALOT of the Dj's involved in these publications only ever really give you the left overs of whats out there so they can have the good bits for themselves.

I haven't found a GREAT song from these magazines in YEARS, tho years ago, Mixmag had a brilliant music section. The Mixmag music section was my guide to music. I-Dj I like because they had a great forum.

Also. Olly, anyone who has to release a secret knows that to keep it a secret before it's released the best thing to do is keep it OFF the internet. The internet isn't first inline for EVERYTHING. No where near as much as it believes it is. The real world still has first dibs on whats new because people know that as soon as they release it on the internet it becames worthless because the internet is disposable and everyone will just score it for free.

your enthusiasm is commendable

in high school we had a kid named james who we called "Monkeh" we used to say he was the cocopops monkey and go "just like a choclate milkshake onllllyyy crunchy"

I seem to remember someone asked if he was autistic and then he never posted again!

Back