Dj Harvey

Just out of curiosity, what does that mean?
a fairy tale (=old children's story) by Hans Christian Andersen about an emperor who pays a lot of money for some new magic clothes which can only be seen by wise people. The clothes do not really exist, but the emperor does not admit he cannot see them, because he does not want to seem stupid.

a fairy tale (=old children's story) by Hans Christian Andersen about an emperor who pays a lot of money for some new magic clothes which can only be seen by wise people. The clothes do not really exist, but the emperor does not admit he cannot see them, because he does not want to seem stupid.

Interesting indeed

personally think the emperor's new clothes argument is utter bollocks. the guy has been playing records for over 30 years, from tonka soundsystem to a few mates right through to those Ministry nights through to big club/festival gigs today. he's always played a diverse range of music, some of it comes off, some of it doesn't but he is passionate about everything he plays. the key thing is he inspired a lot of others to get into weirder dance music and where the weird music goes the mainstream usually follows. The best (and maybe worst) thing about the internet in the early 2000s was exposing people to music and recorded mixes from all over the place - v hard to keep a secret now, which is why it is dangerous to hype up gigs where we know a lot of the tunes beforehand. so the DJs who can pull something different out of the hat are the ones I really revere.

Yes I want to hear some weird Dolly Patron track being played before any new Tropical Trance Track or TTT as its known..:)

when i saw Harvey back in May he played basically all underground/techno tracks over the about 1-1.5 hours i was there...

Wasn't let in here last night
Had my pre booked pass bit was told due to over capacity they weren't allowing on line bookings in
Poor form after getting a flipping taxi to it but live and learn

Wasn't let in here last night
Had my pre booked pass bit was told due to over capacity they weren't allowing on line bookings in
Poor form after getting a flipping taxi to it but live and learn

what time did you get there out of curiosity?

I say this happens alot now.leaving in the glitterati in first and us Joe Soaps left out in that lane saying what the fcuk we do now...

I say this happens alot now.leaving in the glitterati in first and us Joe Soaps left out in that lane saying what the fcuk we do now...
Ended up going for a few drinks in san antonio then off to sankeys, which was packed to the rafters
Not quite the night I had planned

doing london now

DJ HARVEY CONFIRMS FOUR EXCLUSIVE SHOWS AT MINISTRY OF SOUND IN 2017

The first 'all night long' show will take place on April 8th, with three further nights to follow in Summer, Autumn and Winter

Saturday 8th April 2017
11pm - 6am
Ministry of Sound, London

doing london now

DJ HARVEY CONFIRMS FOUR EXCLUSIVE SHOWS AT MINISTRY OF SOUND IN 2017

The first 'all night long' show will take place on April 8th, with three further nights to follow in Summer, Autumn and Winter

Saturday 8th April 2017
11pm - 6am
Ministry of Sound, London
doing this, and was at one of his XOYO nights last summer, fantastic DJ

Last edited:
Back