DJ Equipment

An extra couple of grand won't make a difference ;)

Per £1000 over 12 months = £80 p/m....

I thought another couple of grand would hurt.... £35-40k later take home pay practically half of what i owed... to about 7 or so creditors, with crippling rates of interest, paying back the 'minimums' which came to around half of my take home pay, and probably was paying off about a tenner a month off the total sum, and had (after living expenses) about 10p left each month for the best part of 2years. add to that a gambling addiction and i was in a great place!

eventually i had to call in my own family bailout. the of shame of having to go cap in hand to my sister... because no bank would go anywhere near me...

Now I dont have a debit card, and just get out cash as and when i need it.

im still paying off ****, slowly, but got it down to 2 credit cards. 1 for 'normal' use, and one 0% with a moderate balance. I should get the 'normal' card paid off next month, and start taking lumps out of the 0% card, before transferring the remaining balance to another 0%, and repeating till the balance is ZERO.

financially im now 'comfortable', not in my ideal scenario, but the feeling of becoming debt free is closer than it was 6/7 years ago, and i have less sand in my ears.

by all means take out as much money as you want, but think about wtf you're gonna do if you lose your job, or worse still, become unable to work?

I shall thankfully be 100% debt free come August time and I can't wait :D
Congratulations :)

It's truly one of the best feelings in our modern world, especially if you've been heavily indebted.

Only a mortgage (which is at least backed by a valuable asset) or catastrophic illness would convince me to go into debt again.

I've found this thread to be far more insightful than I thought it would.

Certainly some thinking points.
As it stands, I'm in a secure, and ever expanding job, protected by the government ring fence of the NHS (secure as a job ever can be, anyway). So suddenly running out of customers shouldn't be an issue, especially as we are beginning to role out new software to GPs, and the team I work in is expanding from myself and five others, to double that in the next six months.

Hmm, it is a material world we live in.

MY 2 cents, save and pay cash for what you want. The debt that the western countries are under is what is tanking the economy. The plus side of paying cash is a one time payment of the price that is quoted versus the interest tacked on top of the price. It will save you money in the long run.

+1

Even the thought of that amount of debt makes me sick :eek:

I don't really think about it, as it's student debt. It'll never really affect me that much financially, from my understanding of this. It knocks £30 off my paycheck a month, and that's all I notice of it.

Yeah, to be fair thats understandable....and its also quite 'normal' these days...

I just wasnt uni inclined, well i would of loved it, but wouldnt of qualified im sure :lol:

Back