dj comp - win set at space

I'll be putting a mix in for this, better get some tracks together!

(And no, it won't be Trance)

If you want to win don't start your mix with save the world tonight! :p
Good luck to you all can't wait to see the final result I hope the actual set will be recorded at space for us to download or watch. :)

Good luck to you all can't wait to see the final result I hope the actual set will be recorded at space for us to download or watch. :)
If it were me, I'd have 4 videographers getting different angles and record the feed from the decks :oops: :lol:

I was thinking of starting my set with Adagio for Strings :eek:

Back to the drawing board i guess...

Really exciting opportuity this one. Well done to Spotlight on it. :D

Won't be putting in an entry myself this year. Simply because Ibiza is very close at hand for me and I already have a number of other substantial trance-based projects that I'm working on for my podcast - of which you'll all get to see and hear between now and late August. Putting together something of the level of my Spotlight On Ibiza set would take a bit of extra time.

But good news is, there will be a follow up to Spotlight On Ibiza in September. And I will enter any comp like this next year.

Good luck to everyone who enters! ;)

is that a serious comment? if so, you have understood it is a WARM UP set?!?!

No he's joking, as I teased him about save the world in a previous set he did on soundcloud :)
The video is a good idea but maybe 4 is over the top even hawtin didn't have that many last night :lol:
Id like to hear the sets from the candidates also maybe use this thread? Not for our opinions of course just for our pleasure. And not to critique people either, although if they're uploading for a comp.like space they should be top notch anyway.
Come on Dicko hope you're having a bash ;)

Lightweight :p
Fair enough I think you'd of been a serious contender though. Don't forget to give us the link when its done.

Lightweight :p
Fair enough I think you'd of been a serious contender though. Don't forget to give us the link when its done.

:lol: To be fair, as far as my podcast goes, I always bite off more than I can chew. All these Ibiza Specials have been a bit of a mammoth effort in terms of planning. Spotlight On Ibiza in particular.

Only 4 weeks on Monday till Ibiza for me now. And I'll be attempting a 4 hour set before then. Bit of bad timing I suppose. I wouldn't wanna throw out any old **** for a big DJ comp.

Thanks for saying you think I'd be a contender though. A couple more of these deeper house sets between now and next summer and hopefully I'll be in an even stronger position for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
47 min Dj set

Hello my friends!
Is it ok if I pass the 45 minutes time barrier?
I ask this because I saw this contest going on, and I wonder if I could use a 47 minutes Dj I've record a few months ago :?:

Hello my friends!
Is it ok if I pass the 45 minutes time barrier?
I ask this because I saw this contest going on, and I wonder if I could use a 47 minutes Dj I've record a few months ago :?:

Don't think Mark Knight would be pleased cutting into his set time :spank: :lol:

Thanks for saying you think I'd be a contender though.

To be fair mate there is some great mixes on here from the regulars. There is a lot of good contenders, Ikoda, pauly p, Andy alwood, and chewie is a regular at the yearly spotlight doo's in Ibiza. Gonna be a great comp for the board and I hope they will let us have a listen to the entries there will be some crackers in there :)

Back