dj comp - win set at space

ooooohh just seen this. quick question , obviously the set at Space will be a warmup set , should the competition sets also be and will they be judged accordingly?

ooooohh just seen this. quick question , obviously the set at Space will be a warmup set , should the competition sets also be and will they be judged accordingly?
From the contest page:
"it's a warm up set. the big names are on after you, so don't play banging trance."

So I think that'd be yes!

I wish I could beat match :cry:

What about mixing through turntables/control vinyl but hooked up through software (Traktor)?

I am guessing this may be a stipulation from the venue so they aren't messing around with cables just for the warm up dj??

What about mixing through turntables/control vinyl but hooked up through software (Traktor)?

I am guessing this may be a stipulation from the venue so they aren't messing around with cables just for the warm up dj??

I think its safe to say that the winner won't have a rider as such.
Expect that you would be given the basic set up that would include the CDJ's, mixer, basics, etc.

WOW though.

Warming up for Mark Knight in Space. That's massive!!
What a cool comp!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi marc,

i'm afraid we have to keep the changeover as unobtrusive as possible, so CDJs/Vinyl only. (a USB stick is fine as space have CDJ2000s, although it would probably be good idea to take a couple of CDs as backup).

the set should be a warm up set and will be judged as such.

good luck!

hi marc,

i'm afraid we have to keep the changeover as unobtrusive as possible, so CDJs only. (a USB stick is fine as space have CDJ2000s, although it would probably be good idea to take a couple of CDs as backup).

the set should be a warm up set and will be judged as such.

good luck!

:(

looks like i'll have to see if i can borrow a set.... is vinyl out the window now as well by the way or is it still cd/vinyl? :)

Vinyl is fine - go old school :)

i'd just like to add that the winner will be playing right after the sunset terrace has closed, so everyone will be moving in to the terrazza for your set - should be a lot of people in the room!

i'd just like to add that the winner will be playing right after the sunset terrace has closed, so everyone will be moving in to the terrazza for your set - should be a lot of people in the room!

This is massive. Good job Spotlight! You are going to make someones dream come true.

May the best man or woman win!

Are you part of the judging panel, James?

I reckon DJ Biff would have been all over this....

Has to be the best comp Spotlight has ever come up with.

Traktor Scratch for the comp mix?? yah or nay?? :)

i understand that it has to be either cd's or vinyl for the person to play on the night but what about the initial mix? last question.... i promise! :lol::)

you can do the initial mix on whatever you like, but... please be sure that you are completely competent on the CDJs or 1200s on the night.

This is huge, as said above great opportunity for someone to play a set they could only normally dream off. Will need to get a mix prepared for this :). Was in last year and seen Camilio Franco warm up before Mark Knight & Fedde b2b, the terrace was rocking

I'll be putting a mix in for this, better get some tracks together!

(And no, it won't be Trance)

Back