DJ Awards last night

mr_l_k

No longer active
somewhat predictable awards but there was free wine in pacha so it wasn't all bad ;)

pre-party at ocean drive:
_MG_2295.jpg

Lenny (co-founder of the DJ Awards):
_MG_2301.jpg

Some lovely ladies in Pacha:
_MG_2308.jpg

Lenny dj'ing before the awards:
_MG_2324.jpg

Cocoon pick up best night award:
_MG_2361.jpg

tiesto best intl dj but he wasnt there so we had a video thing
sander van dorn - breakthrough
funkagenda - newcomer
cocoon - best night
luciona and ricardo villalobos - best set
steve lawler & dubfire in tech house
armin van buuren - trance
ritchie hawtin - techno
mark knight got best track
and the biggest surprise ;) of the night ? guetta got house

fragma did their hit

i got bored and went and chatted with sarah kerr from nme radio at the bar and then went to the funky room

i was also there and was shocked how bad the microphones/soundsystem were working...so much for one of the world's most famous clubs!

else - the cocoon family was the winner of the year (with best night, best set and best tech dj) 8)

i was also there and was shocked how bad the microphones/soundsystem were working...so much for one of the world's most famous clubs!

*laughs*

at the start of the awards there was a couple of huge booming bass type feedback noises - lets be honest its not the best awards do theyve had there ;)

it was a nice night, doing something different and the free drinks were much appreciated ... but not really a great night, and a lot of the awards were pretty obvious.

However, Deadmau5 won the best electro-house dj award ... being a big fan of his, i was pretty much surprised as he´s all progressive in my eyes ...

Best track went to a remix of an original (man with the red face), ok it was popular over here but it´s not even their song lol. Had to be pyanoo in my opinion.

Tiesto won best international dj, but not the best trance dj, which went to Armin ?

and there was plenty of food going around on the night, loads of waitresses passing around lots of finger food. so much was available they were actually giving full trays to people and telling them to take it all. I was at the bar and was given a tray of lovely kebabs :)

no, i would of loved to though. Ricardo is my favourite dj. Is the set downloadable from anywhere.
Iv heard it was a great set

Back