DIY Question

Emma_1983

I need a bit of help involving fuses....or so I think.

My straighteners have decided they dont want to work anymore :spank:

I plugged them in and they do not light up or do anything. I checked they were plugged in properly and they was. I tried another socket and they didnt work either.....so now I was very upset.

My boyfriend said maybe its a fuse gone and he would get his dad to check tonight but I was just wondering if there is anyway I can check myself?????

I really begrudge buying another pair but it may have to be the answer on Monday morning.......

I need a bit of help involving fuses....or so I think.

My straighteners have decided they dont want to work anymore :spank:

I plugged them in and they do not light up or do anything. I checked they were plugged in properly and they was. I tried another socket and they didnt work either.....so now I was very upset.

My boyfriend said maybe its a fuse gone and he would get his dad to check tonight but I was just wondering if there is anyway I can check myself?????

I really begrudge buying another pair but it may have to be the answer on Monday morning.......

defo sounds like fuse!!!

Right so I unscrew my plug....change the fuse with another and bobs your uncle so to speak.

Will be giving it a whirl tonight!

yes you take off the back of the plug, there should be the fuse on the right. For straighteners it is probably 3-5amp??

take out the old one, put in a new one and screw the back of the plug back on!

Im assuming that you have tried another appliance in the same socket to rule out the possiblity of the socket blown??

I wont mentiion trip switches at this stage!!

Just make sure the fuse you replace it with has the same 'amps' tolerance. This will be printed on your old fuse and will either be 3, 5 or 13 amps.

yes you take off the back of the plug, there should be the fuse on the right. For straighteners it is probably 3-5amp??

take out the old one, put in a new one and screw the back of the plug back on!

Im assuming that you have tried another appliance in the same socket to rule out the possiblity of the socket blown??

I wont mentiion trip switches at this stage!!

Its a long thing with 4 plugs in so my TV is in one, Sky in another and they were all on and working fine so it must be the straighteners.

:lol: Emma, I'd wait for your b/friend's dad to check them, you'll probably end up electrocuting yourself :lol:;)

Back