DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair this seems like a solid choice? I have nothing planned for the friday and its my last night too so maybe it would be rude not too.

no. when you are on the dancefloor, looking at the DJ, walk to the far right, past the square format bar. there's toilets a few stairs down (to the left) and if you keep walking and then to the right, there's a corridor leading outside.

in past years it was only accessible if you had a vip band (or knew the bouncer guarding the corridor) but this year it seems to be open to everyone every night. it's always been one of my most favourite corners of pacha this. fresh air - a place to chat, and in no time you're back in right in the middle of it. go check it out and thank me later ;)
Wow.. New to me too!
Will defo head there when I go next month!

Any reports from last night? How was Roisin Murphy?
No band, just sang along with (what seemed like) a prerecorded mix. Crowd was not dancing and stood still for the first couple tracks, but went better as time went on. She brought out a blow up doll at one point that she was smashing around, which was weird to say the least. She sang Moloko - Sing it Back, that was fun.

Last edited:
No band, just sang along with (what seemed like) a prerecorded mix. Crowd was not dancing and stood still for the first couple tracks, but went better as time went on. She brought out a blow up doll at one point that she was smashing around, which was weird to say the least. She sang Moloko - Sing it Back, that was fun.
Well she was one half of... ;)

okay here's my review from friday as well.

caught little of john talabot, but what I caught felt a little too much warm-up only to me. I mean yeah, he did play the warm-up, but I've seen him playing much better early sets.

roisín murphy was cool although I suspect there was a lot of playback in there if I'm completely honest.

anyway, main draw was dixon and the man delivered. as mentioned above, the club was perfectly busy, I thought there were a lot of real music lovers in there and the second part of friday night was up there with the best I've got musically all summer so far.

yes, dixon isn't packing out pacha and he doesn't need to. the dancefloor is perfectly busy, there's people in the vip (which will be important for the night to stay on next year) and the music is fantastic.

promised myself to attend to lots of fridays from now until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back