DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. We're there on August 23rd for the Dixon b2b Ame night. Really hoping numbers pick up a little on that date. I don't need the place rammed to capacity (much prefer the "comfortably busy"), but at least an open rooftop terrace and good atmosphere on the dancefloor would be great!

I'd expect this one to be busy. If not, then something is not right in the world

He usually does not look happy he looks concentrated. And from the videos i saw from last week he was his usual self.

It is funny that vip looks full when dancefloor looks rather relaxed. But it is weird when you see how much they sell at Barcelona this week or any place in the world but it seems like Ibiza is a different kind of animal.

He usually does not look happy he looks concentrated. And from the videos i saw from last week he was his usual self.

It is funny that vip looks full when dancefloor looks rather relaxed. But it is weird when you see how much they sell at Barcelona this week or any place in the world but it seems like Ibiza is a different kind of animal.
Next year should be Interesting if Ibiza finally click what the people really want and where they want it.. I see lots of party's looking at Benimussa Park with less DJs=longer set and 2/3am closing gives people plenty of time to rest and get ready for the next night..

Lots of people I talked to said preferred the daytime stuff or 1/2am finish at worst so can get some sleep and be ready for next day.

Tbh I've only done "daytime" events this year and feel fine. Rolling in at 7am+ really broke me last time. ?‍♂️

Some interesting things dixon said in the interview on ibiza sonica:
Originally he planned to play all night long every week, because six and a half hours by berlin standards isn‘t really crazy :) but he changed that to be able to feature djs that don‘t normally play ibiza.
He also talked about the special energy of Ibiza but said that ‚the groundbreaking stuff is happening elsewhere‘. Liked his honesty. Doesn‘t really do a lot to change the image of Germans as regards humour though :)

I thought he was impressively patient with that patronising interviewer - I wouldn't have felt especially good-humoured either tbh

Okay, the following is my thoughts from last nights. First visit for me this season - and obviously only a short one because of our marathon schedule - so I appreciate it's only a snapshot. We had planned to be in Pacha for half-an-hour absolute maximum. But as it turns out we were there for the best part of an hour in the end, and I'm very glad we were!

It's the height of season now, so maybe more people on the island has meant this party was busier than it has been? But one things for sure, anybody writing this party off as a failure needs their head examining. Maybe I sound like a broken record, since this was my feeling on Cocoon last summer when a lot of others were quick to put it down?

One big difference from Cocoon, was the VIP looked full from where I was standing. But taking that out of the equation, the dancefloor was still full at 04:30am and by 5am while the peripherals had cleared, the centre of the dancefloor was still throbbing. From the top of the stairs backwards it was mostly clear, i have to say. But, while Pacha themselves may disagree, I really don't see why I or any other punter cares for this area being busy? It makes it a lot easier getting from point A to point B. And if the dancefloor has a great atmosphere, surely it doesn't matter?

(On a semi-related note: great to read so many positive reviews from Shadows. But for me, personally, that was too busy. It would've been different had I got there early and settled in for the night. But as it happened with us making a fleeting visit, I found it mostly a nuisance. I like room to dance, air to breath, not getting smoke in my face every few minutes and not have people constantly shoulder-to-shoulder.)

Back to Transmoderna though...
I didn't try venturing to the upstairs terrace, so I couldn't tell you if it was open or not, but I had no desire to check: the music was incredible. Best party musically I've been to all summer. As you would expect, Dixon playing records that nobody else does in Ibiza - and each one worked perfectly.

I'm actually not convinced that Dixon himself has his sights set on a returning residency year-after-year. I could be wrong? However, when you consider that other parties that now rule the roost began modestly and slowly built themselves into giants (Solomun, Music On) I can definitely see Transmoderna having potential. The tables and bottles will certainly keep him in favour with Pacha. But f*** that, go for the music! I'm personally going to be going loads more now. Musically, I enjoyed it lots more than the last few times I've seen Solomun.

A few tracks then. All but one courtesy Shazam, I won't pretend otherwise:

His 5am track

If you love music - and all the rest is just a distraction - then this is the party for you. In Pacha! Yes.
Though I will say the prism like thing they manipulate the lasers with is pretty friggin' cool.

Last edited:
Okay, the following is my thoughts from last nights. First visit for me this season - and obviously only a short one because of our marathon schedule - so I appreciate it's only a snapshot. We had planned to be in Pacha for half-an-hour absolute maximum. But as it turns out we were there for the best part of an hour in the end, and I'm very glad we were!

It's the height of season now, so maybe more people on the island has meant this party was busier than it has been? But one things for sure, anybody writing this party off as a failure needs their head examining. Maybe I sound like a broken record, since this was my feeling on Cocoon last summer when a lot of others were quick to put it down?

One big difference from Cocoon, was the VIP looked full from where I was standing. But taking that out of the equation, the dancefloor was still full at 04:30am and by 5am while the peripherals had cleared, the centre of the dancefloor was still throbbing. From the top of the stairs backwards it was mostly clear, i have to say. But, while Pacha themselves may disagree, I really don't see why I or any other punter cares for this area being busy? It makes it a lot easier getting from point A to point B. And if the dancefloor has a great atmosphere, surely it doesn't matter?

(On a semi-related note: great to read so many positive reviews from Shadows. But for me, personally, that was too busy. It would've been different had I got there early and settled in for the night. But as it happened with us making a fleeting visit, I found it mostly a nuisance. I like room to dance, air to breath, not getting smoke in my face every few minutes and not have people constantly shoulder-to-shoulder.)

Back to Transmoderna though...
I didn't try venturing to the upstairs terrace, so I couldn't tell you if it was open or not, but I had no desire to check: the music was incredible. Best party musically I've been to all summer. As you would expect, Dixon playing records that nobody else does in Ibiza - and each one worked perfectly.

I'm actually not convinced that Dixon himself has his sights set on a returning residency year-after-year. I could be wrong? However, when you consider that other parties that now rule the roost began modestly and slowly built themselves into giants (Solomun, Music On) I can definitely see Transmoderna having potential. The tables and bottles will certainly keep him in favour with Pacha. But f*** that, go for the music! I'm personally going to be going loads more now. Musically, I enjoyed it lots more than the last few times I've seen Solomun.

A few tracks then. All but one courtesy Shazam, I won't pretend otherwise:

His 5am track

If you love music - and all the rest is just a distraction - then this is the party for you. In Pacha! Yes.
Though I will say the prism like thing they manipulate the lasers with is pretty friggin' cool.
Nice, thanks mate!
I admit all the not-so-positive reviews had me a bit worried, but am really looking forward to the 23rd with Âme now. Musically this was always going to be great, but good atmosphere on the dancefloor makes a huge difference as well, obviously!
What was the crowd like? Younger, older, male, female, lots of phones? Or only middle-aged angry Germans? ?

We should all do a blindfold test one day to see who actually knows who's on when and for how long purely based on what they hear!

When the German lot used to do Innv specials for Warm in London, the only one I recognised for sure was Henrik because he was jazzier and would play a lot of his own tracks off a laptop + loads of suspended kickdrum drama but the others were interchangeable really because they were usually plugging the same releases off the same label. Great music but i wdn't have singled anyone out.

Out of that generation Dixon & Gerd (+Move D, MCDE?) went on to achieve the biggest success whilst others from the Warm stable (Christian Prommer, Alex Barck, Trickski, Rob Summerhayes..) would now struggle to fill a kitchen. The power of hype or just luck/ambition..?

Out of that generation Dixon & Gerd (+Move D, MCDE?) went on to achieve the biggest success whilst others from the Warm stable (Christian Prommer, Alex Barck, Trickski, Rob Summerhayes..) would now struggle to fill a kitchen. The power of hype or just luck/ambition..?

I think you can say that for every genre or generation. Luck plays a huge factor of course, but there are many talented artists who could not make it because they were not at the right place at the right time.

I think you can say that for every genre or generation. Luck plays a huge factor of course, but there are many talented artists who could not make it because they were not at the right place at the right time.

I hear you. Yes luck is a large part of it. I do think it's interesting how the hype machine cherry-picks a few superstars who ultimately all cut their teeth playing the same records... (We're not talking about pete best not making the grade in '62 cos he was a shit drummer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back