DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of quick questions.
Any idea what the set times will be for tomorrow night?
Also, can anyone confirm Pacha's policy on shorts this summer? Are smart shorts ok?
Thanks, Alan

shorts are OK, unless you wanna go VIP.

settimes could be something like this
terr 00 - 02
kink live 02 - 03:30
dixon 03:30 - close

no guarantee on times but the running order I'm pretty sure will be like that.

Is Roisin Murphy still due to perform on 9th of August. On her instagram account it is not on 2019 live dates. For reference Dekmantel gig is there. Or will she just DJ?

Is Roisin Murphy still due to perform on 9th of August. On her instagram account it is not on 2019 live dates. For reference Dekmantel gig is there. Or will she just DJ?

she's still on the pacha calendar which makes me think she'll still be there. note though, it was never confirmed it would be a live PA.

Also, can anyone confirm Pacha's policy on shorts this summer? Are smart shorts ok?
Thanks, Alan

Your name's not Ali? I've been living a lie. Ha!
They did a U-turn on the no shorts policy, you can wear them. Smart ones especially fine ;)

How was it man?? Busy ?? Good tunes??

We went after Clockwork so were a little worse for wear when we arrived. Very quiet for first half of Terr's set but she played a
nice set I thought. Kink played much harder than his set at Cocoon last year for the most part. He is amazingly talented and some good tunes but quite difficult with the flow
sometimes as the tracks all seem to have to build a bit from the start. Spent some time in the chill out room which was nice but quiet and started to nod off. Went back into main room and caught the end of Kink but had to call It a day a 3.25 just before Dixon came on. Most of upstairs was closed but the dance floor was busy enough but bit of an odd crowd as actually a lot of Pensioners in who seemed to come in after dinner in the restaurant - good knows what they made of it. Overall impression was this could be good but maybe a bit overly stylised with the weird dancers and stuff and most people not really going for it ... Maybe that changes when Dixon comes on. We look forward to Solomun tonight when the place will be rocking ... Dixon has a long way to go to match that and with lack of punters who knows if he will get the chance

Fck no wonder he doesn't look happy.. Transmoderna ? maybe the oldies we're expecting Los del Rio's Macarena. Now that would be a busier night..

Some interesting things dixon said in the interview on ibiza sonica:
Originally he planned to play all night long every week, because six and a half hours by berlin standards isn‘t really crazy :) but he changed that to be able to feature djs that don‘t normally play ibiza.
He also talked about the special energy of Ibiza but said that ‚the groundbreaking stuff is happening elsewhere‘. Liked his honesty. Doesn‘t really do a lot to change the image of Germans as regards humour though :)

I’m really looking forward to this night...I hope it’s a good experience ?! As reports seem to be conflicting
Me too. We're there on August 23rd for the Dixon b2b Ame night. Really hoping numbers pick up a little on that date. I don't need the place rammed to capacity (much prefer the "comfortably busy"), but at least an open rooftop terrace and good atmosphere on the dancefloor would be great!

Me too. We're there on August 23rd for the Dixon b2b Ame night. Really hoping numbers pick up a little on that date. I don't need the place rammed to capacity (much prefer the "comfortably busy"), but at least an open rooftop terrace and good atmosphere on the dancefloor would be great!
I look forward to hearing how your night goes? I’m going later on in September .... I’m not sure that the rooftop terrace is open for this night currently but someone may say otherwise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back