Discobus

Even for a return journey? I was a bit worried they'd be full of nutters!:spank::twisted::evil:

:D

yeah even got them on the return, the way there is more rowdy. But even that isnt really rowdy. I remember Kehakuma closing party was a bit mad but other than that one they were all just quite regular nothing to shout about journeys

A no-no for an Ibiza virgin or a good way of getting home on the cheap??

I always share a taxi with people i meet in the taxi queue on the way there and get disco bus back. If you are getting the disco bus to clubs from san an try and get it before 1am as the queues can be insane after that at the bus station and behind ibiza rocks bar.

Also, i've came out of Amnesia a few times and the queues were massive so we just walked over to Privilege and got one of their buses back to san an for free.

Used to get illegal taxis everywhere but it's not worth it - older, wiser :)

Used to get illegal taxis everywhere but it's not worth it - older, wiser :)

I regualry did that until I had a taxi driver I was sure was trying to take us to the back of beyond and kill us...he didnt (obviously im writing this!) But the 20 minutes of pure panic wasn't worth it! Only illegals I use now are english people I know out there.

Never seen that before either. I had my worst ever wait in the taxi queue for 45 min last summer when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and die!

I regualry did that until I had a taxi driver I was sure was trying to take us to the back of beyond and kill us...he didnt (obviously im writing this!) But the 20 minutes of pure panic wasn't worth it! Only illegals I use now are english people I know out there.

last one i got the guy was out his mind and all over the road - wasn't sure if he had a license never mind insurance..

Much safer waiting for one.

its a must! cheap and great for meeting people

and yes dc10 does stick a free bus on, only to PDB i think though

last one i got the guy was out his mind and all over the road - wasn't sure if he had a license never mind insurance..

Much safer waiting for one.

You say that, but when youve had a few drinks, you really want to see a dj whose starting in 10 mins u do stupid things!

I try to only get in them with my spanish male friends now. They dont tend to get ripped off or attacked. Although that happened when I was ill once and the taxi driver was telling my friend well done for drugging me and my friend who were having a bad trip!

Really, how often does it run?

Just once at the end of the night to Playa Den Bossa. More a safety measure by the club to clear the area of the crowds...told by the bus driver that they are a very mannerly lot.....unlike the puke stained disco buses

I got a few illegal taxis back in 2009 going to and from Privilege and Amnesia. It is so tempting when you've been stood in a queue that hasn't been moving for 20 mins.

The first time some Eastern European looking guy took us to a car that was hidden behind some bushes near Privilege. And when I asked him whether he was licenced he gave the impression that he barely spoke any languages, never mind English. I was crapping myself the entire journey and me and my mate vowed we'd never do it again.

Only a few nights later we caved in to an offer from an illegal taxi which took us up to Amnesia. :oops: But this guy was English and an absolutely sound guy from London way. Was giving us the whole lowdown on how and why he was running a cab on the island.

90+% of the time you'll be fine, but it's still really ill-advised because that 1-10% could be the unfortunate statistic that's you in a dusty ditch having been mugged for everything except your vital organs.

We didn't do it at all last year. Strangely, I can't even remember being offered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The loss of other routes is just as serious to the non-clubbing bregade. Getting to the stage where it's not viable to go without a car if you want to get anywhere. Really poor show - looks like a complete shambles.

even though that came out on the diario de ibiza which is normally is a credible source, i'm not sure this info is 100% accurate regarding the discobus elimination. i understood differently.

Past year used almost all options to get to a club I think (as an ibiza-virgin). Took the discobus to Pacha and Amnesia, used taxi to get back from Amnesia and regular bus to get back from Pacha (discobus only goes to 6am or so...). Got an illegal taxi drive to dc10 and the free bus ride back. Walked Ushuaia & Sankeys. I dunno if there are more means to get @ a club as a tourist if u don't have transport of your own? :)

the only cut back on the disco bus routes is the es cana - santa eulalia - ibiza one. none of the others are affected. if any of you have been here in the winter, you'll know that all the other bus services mentioned in that article are extremely uneconomic, 2 or 3 passengers per journey, which i imagine would be a similar situation to the santa eulalia (average age of tourists around 80) disco bus situation.

Back