Disaster at Ushuaia

Buried deep in a foreign language in Expedia, you will find a review that explains to bring someone back to your room at Ushiaha is impossible. So my suite reserved for almost 900 us a night would be for naught. I said "never again" after staying at the "Ibiza Rocks Boarding house for wayward English Troubled Youth".

Disaster slightly averted.

For a little bit more, I rented an additional apartment across from the Garbi.

Still, the suite at Ushuaia is advertised as having a ridiculous sound system for throwing a party at the hotel.

BUT YOU CANT HAVE ONE SINCE THEY DONT ALLOW GUESTS.

How terribly deceptive.

Imagine paying that much and then telling the girl you pulled into VIP, "I'm staying at Ushuaia but we'll have to go to an apartment I rented because they wont let you in."

Preposterous.

Absurd.

Ridiculous.

Dumb policy...they're lucky the Garbi doesn't have Hot Tubs or I wouldn't think twice.

You treat your guest like gold (especially the ones paying in gold) and they will treat you the same way.

Of course it's the place to "be seen" so no way i'm canceling...just very unhappy in advance.

L.

Wasn't going to say anything .. BUT seeing as you've effectively invited it ..

think you'll find the 'place to be' (if that's what you want) .. is here :

http://www.ibizarocks.com/house/

This is not the Hotel (aimed at 20-somethings) ... it's where the rock stars stay. Check it out a bit !

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/reviews/2011/ibiza_rocks_house_pikes_i.htm

Seeing as you'll clearly be making the party rather than wanting to go to it, I think you'd be better catered for here.. if they'll have you !! :lol:

my buddy was in the presidential suite or whatever you call the best suite there back in June... and he checked out due to the no guests policy! i can't believe they do that.... maybe limit you to a guest or two but none??? :rolleyes:

Maybe you can have a party with the other paying guests at Ushuaia? I'm sure once they hear the party in your room they'll want to leave their rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm even more confused.

The avertisement says that all the suites are on the first floor and have an in room jacuzzi.

the pictures of the suite on the Fiesta hotels website show a crappy looking little room with no canopy bed and no jacuzzi.

The pictures on the Ushiaha website show a bed in the middle of the room but it wont show a picture of the advertised in room jacuzzi.

I call SHENANIGANS.

I have now officially canceled Ushuiahahahaha and declared it "Hottela - non - grotta"

I'll go by there and ask for a tour for next time.

So they have a superior room at the Garbi...I trust them at least.

As far as staying in anything assoicated with Ibiza rocks.... a little exert from the yet unwritten 2010 review:

...so the girl that I would never have had a chance with is standing at the entrance to Ibiza rocks, it's 430 in the morning, and she is screaming at the top of her lungs to the but-wipe at the desk outside the entrance" You fuchin Cack Blocker." I'm pulling her away from him so we dont get arrested while pulling out hundred euro notes and the dude is just sitting there, looking at me with a stupid smile, happy to be completely screwing me over. I expected him to say, "sorry folks, the parks closed...the moose out front should have told you." but I'm thinking in stead If I knock this guy out, will the girl still go with me to the room and could we still shag before the policia come to drag me away...

I wouldn't waste rotten tooth bad breath morning spit on anything associated with Ibiza Rocks.

L.

(my teeth are perfectly fine, just wanted to give an accute picture of how I feel about the place. Stupid management.)

I wouldn't waste rotten tooth bad breath morning spit on anything associated with Ibiza Rocks.

(my teeth are perfectly fine, just wanted to give an accute picture of how I feel about the place. Stupid management.)

Well, that's a shame now. My experiences couldn't be further from that - treated with the utmost respect and definitely VIP.

If I blackballed every airline I'd had a shocking experience with I'd be grounded by now :lol:

Well, that's a shame now. My experiences couldn't be further from that - treated with the utmost respect and definitely VIP.

If I blackballed every airline I'd had a shocking experience with I'd be grounded by now :lol:

I thought it looked nice tbh :lol:

A simple solution to the above problems.

When booking a room in any Ibiza Hotel, contact the management by email to request that guests are allowed back to your room. Make it politely clear that you will not proceed with the booking if it is not permitted.

If you pay for two people in a room then the hotel has to honor that request.

Manners and courtesy will get you way further in Ibiza than shouting and shoving cash in peoples faces. Its what I really admire about the local population.

Discretion is the key.

I have never had a problem taking a guest back to my room in any Ibiza hotel I have stayed in. Maybe I just have been lucky?

When booking a room in any Ibiza Hotel, contact the management by email to request that guests are allowed back to your room. Make it politely clear that you will not proceed with the booking if it is not permitted.

Never had a problem personally - the main issues are hotels have to comply with rules which require they have copies of peoples' ID if they are staying there, which after a certain time of night it's not unreasonable to assume they are - to all intents and purposes !

Also the old fire thing, health & safety etc etc. If booking a double room and you want to do things 'by the book' then all that's needed is for your date to leave ID at reception. Else ...

Discretion is the key.

Yep !!

Manners and courtesy will get you way further in Ibiza than shouting and shoving cash in peoples faces. Its what I really admire about the local population.

Discretion is the key.

its still very strange that a hotel striving for 5* status will not allow guests to visit you at all! I don't think one should have to set that up ahead of time.... its bad policy in my opinion. Honestly as best as I can recalls, i've never seen this done before for a high-end hotel...

some hotels i've seen have security check to see if you are a guest of the hotel, and if not, then the person you are visiting has to come get you... I am totally fine with that.

if you use the hookers the hotel provide you have no problem:)

:lol: - mastercard or visa, sir ?

its still very strange that a hotel striving for 5* status will not allow guests to visit you at all! I don't think one should have to set that up ahead of time.... its bad policy in my opinion. Honestly as best as I can recalls, i've never seen this done before for a high-end hotel...

some hotels i've seen have security check to see if you are a guest of the hotel, and if not, then the person you are visiting has to come get you... I am totally fine with that.

Reckon it's driven by the parties - they want to make sure no-one, god forbid, gets in stays over & pulls off a freebie to a gig - unless they've got a free wristband ! But the whole thing still sounds as if it needs a lot of teething issues ironing out !

:lol: - mastercard or visa, sir ?

Reckon it's driven by the parties - they want to make sure no-one, god forbid, gets in stays over & pulls off a freebie to a gig - unless they've got a free wristband ! But the whole thing still sounds as if it needs a lot of teething issues ironing out !

that's probably much of the reason!

let's just say the hotel doesn't have the best reviews on TripAdvisor right now..... hopefully they get that sorted out soon!

LGDAD - always and I mean always go for a villa if you want to shell out that sort of cash - your rules, your playground!!

I have stayed in a hotel 3 times in Ibiza for the full holiday - and 9 times in villas - even for the 2 of us - you dont have to dance to anyone else's tune (unless your in a club 8)) and that is the way it should be....

That's my advice anyway 8)x

Back