dinner at the Sunset bars?

Eple

I've heard people say good things about the food at Coastline, but do they serve food at any of the other sunset bars? Any recommendations? Also, how much do those places usually cost? Thanks!

yes they do. not sure about cafe del mar, and not sure how much but at a rough guess i would have thought that it would be fairly expensive.

Coastline food is ok, not that great and expensive for what it is. Its been split into two bars this year though so may be better/cheaper.

Del Mar doesnt serve food.

Mambo food is awful.

Savannahs food is pretty good and reasonably priced.

Forget all them though and go to Kasbah next to Kanya, lovely lovely food and good service.

N8 said:
Coastline food is ok, not that great and expensive for what it is. Its been split into two bars this year though so may be better/cheaper.

Mambo food is awful.

Forget all them though and go to Kasbah next to Kanya, lovely lovely food and good service.

Thanks for the advice. Where's Kanya?

I was in Ibiza for five days last summer and ate crap every single day I was there. I'm trying to improve on that this year.

Eple said:
N8 said:

Mambo food is awful.

Thanks for the advice. Where's Kanya?

I was in Ibiza for five days last summer and ate crap every single day I was there. I'm trying to improve on that this year.

Just keep on walking past sunset strip up to Coastline, Kanya is next door to Coastline and Kasbah is just over round. IMO Kasbah is nicest restaurant in San Antonio by far. Coastline is pretty nice.

But Mambos and Savannah aren't much better than take-aways.

Kasbah is a must for some decent food in the afternoon or on the recover. Try Il Vaticano situated behind Cafe Del Mar. Also Villa Mercedes is cheap with decent food and lovely surroundings. KM5 for the experience and The Curry Club for a total pig out.

Or try eating round in the Bay at Kumharras - I thought the food there was great (although I do recall hearing some complaints about the service - I never had any complaints though)

In my opinion Kumharras is the best sunset bar...

Dirk, where is this Villa mercedes you mentioned - I've heard of it but never seen it

Cheers

markEg said:
Or try eating round in the Bay at Kumharras - I thought the food there was great (although I do recall hearing some complaints about the service - I never had any complaints though)

In my opinion Kumharras is the best sunset bar...

Dirk, where is this Villa mercedes you mentioned - I've heard of it but never seen it

Cheers

Completely agree with you about Kuhmaras being best sunset bar, but can't comment on food cos I'm still waiting for my crepes I ordered last June :p

Savannahs is always a good choice... my past experiences are, you choose your meal and get something different cos the waiting staff are usually smahed from partying :D But thats all part of the charm ;)

We went for a huge meal at Savannah on our last night and it was the best meal i'd had all fortnight. The service wasnt too bad either. I'd highly recommend it!

I went Il Vaticano 4 times last year, it is fantastic. The service, the food everything. If you go, try a special desert calle something like 'Mr pras iced coolant', the nicest thing I've ever tasted. Drooling now just thinking about it. Its situated behind the Sunset Strip.

I'd go for Kasbah as being my favourite on that side of the island. The Tuna Steak ROCKS!!!!

ive eaten at kanya and it was nice. ive also eaten at bar m and mambo. food was ok but not worth the extra it costs.

Yeah, I've earen at bar M too and didn't think it was worth the extra ££.

One day when my g/f crashed out back @ the hotel, for some reason I couldn't get to sleep so i had a wander round the prom to find somewhere for lunch. I stopped at Bar M for a chat with the barmaid and ordered an open sandwich thing and I'm sure it was the best part of a tenner - for a sandwich - no chips, salad or anything - just a sandwich!!

A "Manumission" sandwich though :rolleyes:

One amazing place near San An to watch the sunset is at the hostel (Hostal La Torre I think) next to the Cap Negret lookout point (about 1.5km walking north of Sunset Strip). Very chilled, very private.

Very nearby to the hostel, El Chiringuito at Cala Gracioneta is quality if you're tempted by excellent seafood (about 25euros/15pounds for two courses & wine) and outdoor dining by a private beach with floating candles in the sea.

mattlebonk said:
El Chiringuito at Cala Gracioneta is quality if you're tempted by excellent seafood (about 25euros/15pounds for two courses & wine) and outdoor dining by a private beach with floating candles in the sea.

mmmmmm sounds romantic.. ;)

Back