Digital Photos

S

Scenic

Is there anywhere near Ibiza Town/Talamanca to have digital photos taken from the camera and put on a cd or something?

I dont really want to go buy another 128 mg stick,

6 Days and counting.... :twisted:

I have the same problem, i get about 70 pics on my 128 meg stick at 3.2megapixel resolution.......even less if i have movies on it too....wouldnt mind offloading to a cd mid-holiday........

I have the same problem.... Was thinking of bringing my laptop. But before I do I will find out if my hotel has a safety deposit box or sumthing to hold it.... It probably wouldn't be too safe to leave it in the room... Would it?

I'll be there for 10 days. so I would probably take between 40-70 pics a day, depending if I get the camera into the club...
Last year on a 4 day cruise I came home with 300 pics.

Can you not download them to your e mail account from an internet cafe ?

I dont know how many I'll be taking, but I dont want to have to worry about it.

That may not be a bad idea about the internet cafe.

Scenic said:
I dont know how many I'll be taking, but I dont want to have to worry about it.

That may not be a bad idea about the internet cafe.

Make sure you bring and cables with you and/or smart card reader. its unlikely they'll have those for you.

I doubt wether an internet cafe will allow you to plug in cables and upload software to do this.
However i had heard that there is a place that will put photo's onto cd for you
I can't remember where though.

Most camera's do not need additional software. The camera shows as a removable drive which is available though "My Computer".

There may be a floppy - memory card adaptor available for your camera. I know there is a floppy to smart media adaptor, which allows the cards to be read by the floppy drive.

hugoboss said:
I have the same problem.... Was thinking of bringing my laptop. But before I do I will find out if my hotel has a safety deposit box or sumthing to hold it.... It probably wouldn't be too safe to leave it in the room... Would it?

I took my laptop in June to do a bit of DJing and looking for a DJ job. It was quite safe in my hotel room at my first hotel as it was a modern hotel with all the latest mod cons i.e. card readers on the doors.

However, my second hotel had a dodgy lock on the door so I took it with me when I went out (only one night). I did ask the hotel if they could keep it locked in the reception office, but, as the staff were on shift work, who knows who the laptop belonged to? A bit risky I thought and as it's my bread & butter declined.

If you can avoid taking it the better. You will only be worrying about it when you're out. It would be safer and cheaper getting a bigger memory stick for your camera (and some quality rechargeable batteries). I have a 64Mb memory card (cost £40) that's good for 250 high quality photos, although it is a 1 mega pixel camera.

Later
DJ Soulman 8)

N8 said:
I have the same problem, i get about 70 pics on my 128 meg stick at 3.2megapixel resolution.......even less if i have movies on it too....wouldnt mind offloading to a cd mid-holiday........

Do u need to have it as such a high resolution. At 0.3m which is adequate, i can get 500 photo's on my 64Mb card, which is more than enough.

Well I didn't buy the 4 megapixel camera for nothing.

I actually just bought a 256 meg stick today. 8)

I'll still look for a place to download.

Diehard_clubber [Si said:
]
N8 said:

Do u need to have it as such a high resolution. At 0.3m which is adequate, i can get 500 photo's on my 64Mb card, which is more than enough.

I like to be able to print my pictures to a decent size and quality so a high res is preferable............

this has been asked before, i cant remember the answer, i think it was robo who answered it, have a search, u shud find it...

Scenic said:

People do naturally think that bigger is better but this is not necessarily true! A 4 megapixel camera is a great investment but you can get equally good pictures at a lower resolution without losing clarity... the higher resolution only really comes into effect when you want to ENLARGE pictures. So unless you are planning on having 300 poster size photos on your wall then you may be as well to use a slightly smaller resolution for the majority of pictures and increase the resolution as you need to for your favourite scenes that you may well want to enlarge when you get home. I am not saying you should use the lowest resolution, far from it, but think about how much enlarging you are actually going to do!

I see you can get a 1 GIG sony memory stick now but its about £600 or something silly. Thats a lot of pictures!

try Byprint in the Avenida España, just up from the Vara de Rey (the big square in the middle of Ibiza Town.

Byprint is near Delta Discos.

they might be able to download onto a CD for you.

andivokes said:
Scenic said:

People do naturally think that bigger is better but this is not necessarily true! A 4 megapixel camera is a great investment but you can get equally good pictures at a lower resolution without losing clarity... the higher resolution only really comes into effect when you want to ENLARGE pictures. So unless you are planning on having 300 poster size photos on your wall then you may be as well to use a slightly smaller resolution for the majority of pictures and increase the resolution as you need to for your favourite scenes that you may well want to enlarge when you get home. I am not saying you should use the lowest resolution, far from it, but think about how much enlarging you are actually going to do!

Well seeing as digital camera's still can't match the resolution of film camera's, the larger the mega pixel rating, the better in my opinion.

Film camera's would be equivelent to a 10 mega pixel camera, which I don't think exist yet (or are out of most people's price league).

I have a Fuji 2.1 megapixel camera, which cost a fortune when I bought it a few years ago, and it produces great 6x4 and 7x5 prints, but anything larger and the digital element begins to show. 3 megapixels is entry level today. 1 is only any good for web and printed images (unless you really don't care how your photo's look).

DJb. (Digital Camera Boffin).

Back