Digital Camera Advice - Best for shooting vids inside clubs?

missflorida

Can anyone recommend a good point and click camera for taking videos? I'm in the market for a new one and this is my #1 priority in a camera because I plan to return to Ibiza this summer and like taking vids inside the clubs.

I have one in mind, the Sony Cypershot DSC-T500 but the reviews on this one say the videos are good, but the picture quality isn't so good. Also, it's pricey.
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/sony-cyber-shot-dsc/4505-6501_7-33238540.html?tag=mncol;lst

If you look at my youtube, this video of Tiesto was taken on my friend's Sony Cybershot (not sure which model, but you can see that the video quality is good with the music/bass not going wacky)--so i'm looking for something that will produce a good video quality like ths.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwsVjEuzsbo&feature=channel_page

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

I've owned a few canon point and shoot cams. Back when I had the 5mp version the bass would distort the video sound. Now last season I took my new(er) 7mp canon to ibiza and the videos now have much clearer sound. They seem to cut off the lower frequencies on the video.

I'm not sure if theres anything better about sony vs canon

Can anyone recommend a good point and click camera for taking videos? I'm in the market for a new one and this is my #1 priority in a camera because I plan to return to Ibiza this summer and like taking vids inside the clubs.

I have one in mind, the Sony Cypershot DSC-T500 but the reviews on this one say the videos are good, but the picture quality isn't so good.:)

Hiya ;)

I think alot of the cybershots now, the T500, T700 (built in 4gb memory) will be half decent. I'm in market aswell as my daughter smashed my cybershot into nex year.

I hear you guys have booked Ibiza already ?! Will probably see you there, again !! X

Hiya ;)

I think alot of the cybershots now, the T500, T700 (built in 4gb memory) will be half decent. I'm in market aswell as my daughter smashed my cybershot into nex year.

I hear you guys have booked Ibiza already ?! Will probably see you there, again !! X

Hi Liam! Yes, the Cybershots have all good reviews, I"m not sure about the touch screen though....that might be annoying.

Hey, Brittany told me you and Simon were planning a return in July? Same for us!! We'll have to discuss more later....(on Facebook :)) We are having a bit of sticker shock on the price of hotels in July vs. September. That, plus flight in peak season from U.S. = not cool (for right now anyways). But, we are determined to make this happen, ****ty economy and all! HA! For now looking at July 14 -20.

Back