Digbeth (Birmingham)

Was so sad to read this after being there the other weekend :(
You go to Godskitchen? If so, how was it?

I didn’t bother as I’m not keen on those type of venues, prefer clubs like the Emporium as you tend to get a better atmosphere and a lot smaller, granted you don’t get the lineups like the one at Godskitchen in clubs.

You go to Godskitchen? If so, how was it?

I didn’t bother as I’m not keen on those type of venues, prefer clubs like the Emporium as you tend to get a better atmosphere and a lot smaller, granted you don’t get the lineups like the one at Godskitchen in clubs.
It was good! Tall Paul was the set of the night for me. I started to lose interest during Ferry Corsten though, by the time PVD graced the decks I was ready for bed (might have peaked a bit too soon 😵‍💫 ).

The venue reminded me a bit of Motion in Bristol. I’ve never been so cold in my life though, even in the middle of the dancefloor!

We’ve been meaning to go to Crane since it started, doubt they will recover from this without some serious security changes. Lab 11 have the right idea, photo ID scan as you go in, metal detectors. They have dogs as well but as with all sniffer dogs they are useless (allegedly 😂)

It would be a big shame if it ended up closing for good now. I’ve not been to Lab 11 but I’m more than happy to wander through a metal detector and have my ID scanned if it means things are a bit safer. It’s a shame we have to do this because of a minority of troublemakers but I’d rather do that than have access to live music taken away!

What’s the thing with snoods / balaclavas ? Seen Twitter saying there were a lot in Crane and WHP this year. Why are they allowed in and allowed to stay in if you’re wearing one ? Proper moody

What’s the thing with snoods / balaclavas ? Seen Twitter saying there were a lot in Crane and WHP this year. Why are they allowed in and allowed to stay in if you’re wearing one ? Proper moody
I didn’t see anyone wearing those while I was at the Godskitchen event, and the freezing temperatures would have been a good excuse for them! But there again I would have put the average age of attendees around 40-45ish so maybe it’s a younger generation thing.

I didn’t see anyone wearing those while I was at the Godskitchen event, and the freezing temperatures would have been a good excuse for them! But there again I would have put the average age of attendees around 40-45ish so maybe it’s a younger generation thing.
Does seem to be a ‘Marco Carola’ thing actually !

Sadly I’m not surprised :(

Not surprised at all, sounds like the security was non-existant. Might make a few certain other venues up their game a bit as keep hearing about gangs of robbers and violence which goes without saying isnt what our scene needs.

Back