Different place for a clubbing holiday

beans

Hey

One day I will definitely go back to Ibiza, but I think that I want to experience a different place for clubbing just for a change and so I have something to compare Ibiza with.

I'm looking for somewhere cheaper than Ibiza, maybe somewhere not so hot (around 25 degrees celcius and not much hotter), somewhere REASONABLY classy, good ratio of girls to guys.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

berlin.

but i'd worry you might get into berghain and never get back out beans...into the lab-oratory:p:p

croatia, is another shout, but outwith the many festivals that happen there, im not sure the music/djs would be that great....outlook festival and dimensions are upcoming though in september.

hideout festival in croatia (in june 2013) might be suitable for you as well.

Went to Hideout Festival last year and had a really good time. Pain in the arse to get to if you don't book flights early (we had to fly to Venice then get the coach down) but we had a really good time there. The location is great - 4 open air clubs on a beach. Reasonably priced, boat parties every day, almost guaranteed good weather. All in, it cost about a grand for the week.

The plan is to go again next year. I want to buy an InterRail pass, fly to wherever is cheapest at the time then travel down and do Hideout, Exit Festival in Serbia, then maybe to Bulgaria to chill out on a beach for a few days before flying home. Nice parts of the world, and very cheap too.

hideout does look an excellent feestival...i know a load of people who went this year and loved it....i think a bit too young a crowd for me though now (i will be 35 of the time of the next one)

garden, electric elephant, dimensions i do like the look of for next year though.

hideout does look an excellent feestival...i know a load of people who went this year and loved it....i think a bit too young a crowd for me though now (i will be 35 of the time of the next one)

garden, electric elephant, dimensions i do like the look of for next year though.

I am 35 right now and still love to go dancing. You can solve this problem by shopping at the junior section. I buy my clothes in the "Junior Trendsetters" section or the "Young Miss" department.

Its an older crowd than you get in Ibiza..zero drugs there..

at hideout? or in croatian festivals in general?

i certainly know loads of folk from glasgow who were at hideout this year,. early 20's...and they brought their own:lol:

There was some very dodgy powder about, did some 1 night out there and it sent us all west, and put 4 of us in bed all day the next day. Not good.

Did a lot of drinking out there instead, and it was nice to not have to deal with comedowns and hangovers at the same time :eek:

Yeah suprised me too. I have a mate who plays there for the EE festival and he told us going out that you wont get a thing out here unless you bring your own.that was a few years ago and he`s only back from this years gig and its still the same..

zero drugs? :eek: That actually surprises me! I can't remember the last club or festival I went to where there weren't atleast a good handful of people on drugs!

Different countries have different levels of punishment.... Dunno much about Croatia, but there's a reason why drugs aren't offered in Greece - very high penalties! I read a story once about a Greek bar owner hearing two people talking about drugs and calling the police. :eek:

Different countries have different laws.... Dunno much about Croatia, but there's a reason why drugs aren't offered in Greece - very high penalties! I read a story once about a Greek bar owner hearing two people talking about drugs and calling the police. :eek:

Lesson learnt don't talk about drugs in Greece!

Jack87- My partner went Hideout last year, said it was very good, but it rained on two the days when they were on boat trips! The decks weren't covered and everyone had to take cover underneath the deck-and listen to tunes on someones phone 8)8)

One of our friends went this year, who also went last year, and said it was even better than the excellend first year.

Only stuff knocking around was taken from uk. Exit festival seemed same way for last few years, but this year was slightly different
Went to Hideout Festival last year and had a really good time. Pain in the arse to get to if you don't book flights early (we had to fly to Venice then get the coach down) but we had a really good time there. The location is great - 4 open air clubs on a beach. Reasonably priced, boat parties every day, almost guaranteed good weather. All in, it cost about a grand for the week.

The plan is to go again next year. I want to buy an InterRail pass, fly to wherever is cheapest at the time then travel down and do Hideout, Exit Festival in Serbia, then maybe to Bulgaria to chill out on a beach for a few days before flying home. Nice parts of the world, and very cheap too.

berlin.

but i'd worry you might get into berghain and never get back out beans...into the lab-oratory:p:p

I really wouldn't worry too much about the risk of that...

Much more of a risk ... could end up scarred for life :eek: :eek: :eek:

Exit festival seemed same way for last few years, but this year was slightly different

We went to Exit in 2009 and it was insane. The Dance arena lineup was the best that's ever been there, 8 hours of b2b sets every night, straight through to 8am. Carl Cox b2b Green Velvet closed the festival, it was one of the best and most surreal sets I've seen.

Very cheap as well, all in for the week it was just over £500. Our luggage got left in Germany by Lufthansa, but it meant we met some others who were in the same situation, and are now really good friends.

Can't wait to get back there, Serbia was beautiful and I've never seen a festival set in such a good location.

Back