Did anyone read the article in The Times mag this weekend

puppylover

about the new "LONZA" elite?? Basically its the old NYLON elite but instead of New York / London living its London / Ibiza living....

not a bad article actually - bit depressing to read when you're not going this year tho...... :confused:

about the new "LONZA" elite?? Basically its the old NYLON elite but instead of New York / London living its London / Ibiza living....

not a bad article actually - bit depressing to read when you're not going this year tho...... :confused:

You know what...there are a hell of a lot of us doing that.
I know some that are 3 days London 4 days Ibiza every week.

You know what...there are a hell of a lot of us doing that.
I know some that are 3 days London 4 days Ibiza every week.

Loads of my clients and some friends commute from here (mainland), for tax reason obviously. Then I have retired/rich clients who 'flit' between their UK home, and their spanish home. And why the hell not 8)

oh god no pups! it was HORRIBLE!

as all the articles that appear in the times style on ibiza. smug, half invented and defining some tw4t with a job that involves a camera as the 'elite'.

now i don't know tonnes about the history of ebeefer, but saying the lontwat set are like the original hippies.....this can't be true (can it? say it aint so!)

was ibiza not meant to be inclusive for all....the truck driver next to the princess etc etc?

f8cking Lonza give me a break.

What does the liverpool/manchester/london elite get called then, LivMandon? grrrr:spank:

it's hardly an elite. my mother in law jets back and forth all the time (though the old bat does have her own broomstick)

re the article. The comments are better :lol:

There's more to Spain than meets the eye. Believe me.
Oh, and by the way: I'm not an airhead. And I'm not drunk all the time either.

Stuart, Motril, Spain

Oh are you "upper Class" then Phil? What nonsense. San An has some great places to go to and to stay. If you don't want to be with such "working Class" then try the bay, or near Kanya, which has some great developments for utter snobs. Can't beat Sunset strip i'm afraid, god i'm so working class

Mark Websper, Margate, UK

It must be very boring in these places.
Colin , Carmarthen, United Kingdom

It's actually one of the most beautiful places on the planet - hilarious that you make a comment like this when you have clearly never been. There is so much more to Ibiza than the nightlife - much nicer than Carmarthen!

Alex, London,

Colin, Carmarthen, United Kingdom

Your ignorance is mind blowing - did it ever occur to you, with your narrow minded view of the world, that there might be more to the place than what one sees on programs like Ibiza uncovered.

Don't knock it till you've tried it - there's a whole world out there!

Steve, London,

peterfieldman, paris, france

no doubt if these people were flying there first class, you'd be slating them for not being thrifty enough in a recession - everyone is damned if they do and damned if they don't in the eyes of petty minded, envious little people like you.

Alex, London,

Judging by the photograph at top of page. Has the man just fallen in the pond because he is drunk, or did the laughing lady push him in for something to do? It must be very boring in these places.

Colin , Carmarthen, United Kingdom

Colin, there are two Ibiza's one in San Antonio where the working class Brits go to and get hammered and laid and the rest of the Island where everyone else goes to have a chilled time.

Phil, Woodbridge, ENGLAND

Bizarrely negative comments; green eyed monster perhaps.
If i could live in Ibiza I would, it's my spiritual home. And NOT the clubbing, drinknig side of it, though I dabble. The island is ALIVE, beautiful and of everywhere I've ever been , I feel at home there most.

HOWARD TRIGG, SWINDON, Wilts

Metropolitan horse manure. Get over it Ruby.

Ali, Glasgow,

..... "successful entrepreneurs" yeah right...more trust funds than you can shake a stick at !

damian, barcelona/london, spain

I thought they went to Ibiza to be drunk all of the time. A state of dissaray looked at with horror in the UK. It is surprising that all these drunk, poser Brits can find the door to the aeroplane to ever get back home at all.
Colin, Carmarthen, United Kingdom

Interesting that this "jet set" of so called successful entrepreneurs or whatever with their billion pound villas and lifestyle only go because they can rely on cheap Ryan air flights.
It puts things in perspective

peterfieldman, paris, france

So, that's where all the airheads have gone to.

Fred, London, UK

OMG, whatever, I've lived on Ibiza in 1977 just before the island changed for good. What a lovely atmosphere it was back then. Formentera still untouched......
Two years later I've been back briefly and things were changed that much I decided never ever to return and cherish my great memories.

Adriana van Ham, Haarlem, Netherlands

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been to Ibiza several times, all the way round the island, and while it's pretty, it IS boring. It's just farms and dust. And it's too hot in August. And the sea (and beach) is full with stinging jellyfish.

Andrew Thomas, Swansea,

:rolleyes:

Back