Detox schmeetox: Cheshire Catz, Tim Davison & Mark Sun @ AKA this Sunday!

Mark Sun

Sedition DJs presents: Cheshire Catz at AKA this Sunday
We're back at AKA this Sunday for some Sabbath shenanigans with our feline friends, the Cheshire Catz. The boys have been setting the pace lately with excellent reviews for the Timo Garcia / Cheshire Catz production 'Discotech', as well as playing incendiary sets for Nastydirtysexmusic and Squelcher on NYE. (Not to forget the sunrise set at the infamous 'Cheshire St Sessions'.)

Time: 10pm till 3am Admission: £5 and £3 concessions
Check out www.cheshirecatz.com for more info!

They'll be joined by Tim Davison and Mark Sun, more about them below!

PM me for concessions, or email yvonne@seditiondjs.com

TIM DAVISON

Tim Davison has been a regular face on the London scene for many years now. Resident at the monthly event, 'becomeone' (www.becomeone.co.uk), since its inception in April 2002, the event has attracted much attention and was voted 'Best New London Promotion' in 2002 and came second in the Best Small Promotion 2003 as decided by www.harderfaster.net, the UK's largest independent website.

In August 2003, Tim was selected as a 'Future Hero' by "The Gallery", Turnmill's own Friday night party - one of the UK's longest running and most respected club nights in the UK. His first set at the event was warming up alongside Nick Warren and Tomcraft after which he was invited back as one of Dave Seaman's Future Heroes in November 2003 together with Phil K and Pete Gooding.

Regular gigs at The Gallery ever since have seen him booked alongside DJs that include Paul Oakenfold, James Zabiela, Armin van Buuren, Pete Tong, Nic Fancuilli, Hybrid, Tall Paul, DJ Remy, The Filterheadz, Ashley Casselle, Rui Da Silva, Tilt, Nigel Dawson, Marco Bailey, Victor Calderone and Gabriel and Dresden.

Tim was also invited recently to play at the Bedrock launch party of Jonathan Lisle's OS2 compilation together with James Zabiela, Hybrid, Eddie Haliwell, Pole Folder and Steve Gerrard.

His first release (in collaboration with Dale Anderson), "The More I Know", was released on Portugal's leading progressive label, 'Feed Me Records' and featured a much acclaimed remix from Sumsonic's Paul Rogers. The track received widespread support from leading players including Sasha, John Digweed, Nick Warren, Hernan Cattaneo, Anthony Pappa and Marco V.

2006 promises to establish Tim further with releases and remixes scheduled on labels around the globe including Plastic Fantastic, Nascent, Pure Substance, Segment, Existence, 1shot, Source of Gravity and Future Lovers. He will also be the first release on the new label by rising London stars the Cheshire Catz.

MARK SUN

Mark Sun's blend of tech-house and breaks has become a firm favourite with late-night clubbers all over the city. Promoting his own night, 'it would be rude not to' gave Mark the freedom to develop his own distinctive style - whilst his 'Gallery Future Hero' status at Turnmills, has seen him add a host of big names to his CV, which includes the likes of Jo Mills, Eddie Halliwell, Above and Beyond, Fergie, John Askew, Guy Ornadel, Lucien Foort, Marco Bailey, Paolo Mojo and Ashley Casselle; and appearances at some of London's best clubs: Turnmills, The Cross, Ministry of Sound, Rhythm Factory, 93 Feet East, Medicine Bar and Fluid.

Now with hot new productions enjoying plays from DJs such as Paul van Dyk, Jo Mills, Tall Paul, Shiloh and Gavyn Mytchell, with only a few CDRs in existence, and now signed to produce an EP for the new label run by the rising stars of the London house scene, The Cheshire Catz, 2006 should see Mark explode onto the global scene.

Well me, the gf and my flatmate and his partner have all booked the monday off work, should be a rather messy one! So much for having a quiet january :rolleyes:

I'm a possible for two coca-colas and straight home Marky. (Although my Saturday footy's cancelled so we might go away for the weekend)

Good luck either way!

Mark Sun said:
Cheers Buckers, have wanted to play at AKA for ages, so looking forward to it :)

My attendance is looking slightly more likely Marky. After last night's secret KT Tunstall gig (see Music Forum) , I've discovered that I'm capable of driving to see entertainment and hence not imbibing. This is a first!

Mark Sun said:
I knew you could do it! :lol:

I didn't!:lol: But I did, if you follow me.

Although, as the day wears on with no footy tomorrow, I really fancy getting twatted tonight!:p

Back