DELANO IBIZA is closed :-(

ibizarre

Like passionate summer romances and Mac book chargers, some of the best things in life are only destined to last for 1 season.
Curve-balls can be thrown at even the most professional players, and sometimes in the great game of life: you win some, and then you lose some.

Thus it is with heavy hearts, much regret, though little surprise, that we have to inform you all that the crew @ Delano are no more.

No! Wait – we're not dead.
Just been casually tossed aside by the venue owners in their quest for Bossa domination. After only one short season at the reins it looks like local short-sightedness and apparent (alleged?) greed has unfortunately floored us at the first hurdle.
No more legendary burgers, no more Sunday roasts, no more blissful tunes, heavenly cocktails and dirty late night raving.

At least not in that particular bar.

It is of course, impossible to keep a good man (or woman) down, and your favourite beach-side bar crew members will no doubt be surfacing this summer in various different guises. Keep an eye out for us, as we will for you, and until we next see you, may we just all send you our most sincere thanks for all your support in 2009. We had a blast and it certainly looked like you did too. In the words of the Space billboard...Muchas Gracias a Todos.

Delano was (briefly) brought to you by (in no particular order):

Director, Producer and all round woman on the ground – Sophie Mac
Right hand, left hand and occasionally a good strong foot to be kicked up the arse - Kerry Anne Winton
Buff barmen best served chilled with a twist of tart – Steven The Blonde 'Mahoney' & Daniele Nardi
Hostess & Waitress with the Mostess – Rosa Caro
Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Mara Brusamonti
BurgerMaestro Legendario! - Mark Wright
Backstage Catering to the stars - Carmen
Jack(or Justin) of all trades and Master of Many – Snr Justin Field
Health, Safety, Security and Peace, Man – Ice Anderson
Service with a Smile in Stereo from Monica Magri & Julian 'Hightower'
All hands on deck crew weathering us through the storms – Paolo, Nilo, Brendan, Elaine

And of course the promoters, DJs and musicians that serenaded our summer and hopefully yours too..
FUSE, System of Survival, Minimal Hospital, Nima Gorji, Manu-L & Adicto, Dan Rutledge, Vinyl Club, Partysan, Dub Ibiza, Radio Sonica, Ernesto Altes, Jonathan Tena and many more...

(if we forgot to mention you then we do apologise, it's quite possible we don't recall you being there either....the season did pass in a blissful blur for many of us...)
Hasta Luego xx

disastrous news, really not liking this start to my today.

sophie and team did great last summer and i was really looking forward to more of the same this.

:cry::cry:

thats poo... i really enjoyed delano... good times remembered though... (apart from giving 50 euro at the bar for 2 drinks and them giving me 2 euro change... then again, they did rectify their error).
Hopefully will open up somewhere else. :rolleyes:

now what happens to the bar, someone knows something
Grego...McRackin....??

not rocket science is it.

it was and is owned by jet, so i guess they will just continue it, still called delano, only they get the profit rather than someone else.

only problem is that the main reason it worked last year is because of the people involved in running it. many of the people who were going there, won't anymore.

not rocket science is it.

it was and is owned by jet, so i guess they will just continue it, still called delano, only they get the profit rather than someone else.

only problem is that the main reason it worked last year is because of the people involved in running it. many of the people who were going there, won't anymore.

Thanks for the answer and I hope delano rocks again this year.

save the island clubs and bars :)

That applies to many bars in Ibiza........ its the people that make the difference.

I remember Mambo when it was run by the people that now run the Bay Bar in San Antonio........ it was never the same after they left and became the money grabbing, commercial trademark that it is today.

That applies to many bars in Ibiza........ its the people that make the difference.

I remember Mambo when it was run by the people that now run the Bay Bar in San Antonio........ it was never the same after they left and became the money grabbing, commercial trademark that it is today.

hardly a similar comparison though is it?

sorry to hear about Delano.i realy enjoyed my few visits there last year.Great food,great staff and an overall good vibe.It was more than just an alternative to Bora Bora but good in its own right and a welcome addition to Playa den bossa.I hope all those involved dont give up and find an alternative venture on the white isle.i think they were onto a winner given more time.

Good luck to all who were involved....summer is nearly here again:)

I have been looking forward to going back there this summer as much as any of the club nights :x

if any of those in the know hear of the team popping up anywhere else please let us know!! :cry:

gotta say loved this palce last year for a cold beer and some fantastic food before space............. will be missed

Back