Deaths In Ibiza....

Whilst not wishing to mitigate the suffering yadayada etc

Statistically, be it Ibiza, Newcastle or the moon - if you increase your blood pressure / heart rate etc & combine with booze, a very very small minority will drop.

I dont know the figures but I imagine 'alchohol related' deaths, i.e cars, falls etc count for just as many, if not more. I imagine heart attacks on the golf course get a few also.

Did you know more people die from choking on peanuts (not allergic reaction to nuts) than people die in E related deaths in England (includes all E related deaths, ie dehydration etc..)

It is important to remember that E like other drugs, is still a drug and there is associated risk, however it is also important to remember that there is a risk to most things we do, which is why sites like bluelight.ru and pillreports are around to help us to protect us from ourselves and minimise cases of overdose or halm.

PLUR

Did you know more people die from choking on peanuts (not allergic reaction to nuts) than people die in E related deaths in England (includes all E related deaths, ie dehydration etc..)

It is important to remember that E like other drugs, is still a drug and there is associated risk, however it is also important to remember that there is a risk to most things we do, which is why sites like bluelight.ru and pillreports are around to help us to protect us from ourselves and minimise cases of overdose or halm.

PLUR

That is so 1996.

PLUR
It is also worthy of note that there are many more deaths from 'accidental' overdoses of prescription drugs in the UK every year than there are of Ecstacy related deaths (in spite of the misinformation from people like Leah Betts parents, no matter how well-intentioned their ideas and made-up statistics may be).

Are you a journalist

reading back the way I worded my post it does come across a bit professional!

but no I am most definitely not a journalist...and if i was then i would be writing up of the quality time i had in Ibiza last week!

the reason i ask these questions is as me & my mates were far from saints in Ibiza but i guess hearing of deaths made us stop & think for a min. I guess i am looking for some kind of self reasurance that we were as safe as poss whilst on things out there & that the ones who do die are the ones caning the sweeties in excess rather than the odd one or 2 a night?

When people go on holiday (anywhere) I would say 80% will do things they wouldnt do at home - or will do things to excess compared to back home when you have to consider external factors in your day to day life, such as returning to work on a Mon/Tue, having to face real life (ie family, normal day to day challenges, etc etc.

People's inhibitions tend to float out the window during that break away from normality. Those 2 weeks of pure freedom that a summer holiday gives you will make you more relaxed, lets face it, its a world away from the other 50 weeks of slogging your arse off to be able to afford the holiday in the first place.

I wont comment on whether its right or wrong to act this way , but unfortunately its the nature of how some people's minds work. Ultimately, there will be casualties along the way.....:?:?:confused:

Couldn't agree more.

I have to say though, what in particular puts me off is the stigma attached to a drug related death, sure there are far more people falling of balconies or dying in road traffic accidents but when news gets back to your parents, friends, work collegues that you have sadly passed away because you took too many illegal drugs in a nightclub in ibiza it's just not a very dignified death IMO.

Back