Deaths In Ibiza....

dandan118

Whilst in Ibiza last week i heard talk that a few clubbers had died this yr whilst in Ibiza.

Has anyone else heard this?

Please don't think i am trying to say Ibiza its self is to blame as we are all responsible for our own actions.

Obviously the fact that that people will take / mix drugs is their own fault & no reflection on the island it's self as this kind of thing happens all the time all over the world.

But is this something that happens more often than people realise due to the press etc not reporting it?

as i say i was there last week & had the time of my life & took things in moderation but there are always a handfull of people who take it too far

i am just interested to see how common this is / most common cause of people needing hospital treatment / passing away.

is it dodgy drugs they have taken/ too much??

yes it's true. the press do report it - today for example we learned that the last one found dead on pdb a few days ago had signed himself out of the space treatment room only hours before his death.

our emergency department in the hospital treats many people for over indulgence in drugs or alcohol throughout the summer. i imagine that unlike alcohol, no matter how moderate you are in your use of illegal substances, their lack of quality control could lead to problems?

yes it's true. the press do report it - today for example we learned that the last one found dead on pdb a few days ago had signed himself out of the space treatment room only hours before his death.

our emergency department in the hospital treats many people for over indulgence in drugs or alcohol throughout the summer. i imagine that unlike alcohol, no matter how moderate you are in your use of illegal substances, their lack of quality control could lead to problems?

This is true & no matter how sensible we think we are the truth is that we never really know what is in the things we buy.
I would not say that you can safley do drugs as that is untrue, no one knows what goes into pills, powder etc. however there are millions of people who do enjoy this & do most weekends in England, Italy, Spain & the world over - each to their own i guess & i would not judge people either way.

i am just curious as to how often people die from taking drugs whilst in Ibiza
as prev mentioned this does happen the world over so i am in no way what so-ever saying this only happens in Ibiza-

how rare/ often is death / hospitalisation in Ibiza? & what are the main causes?

I think more die/are injured through accidents associated with intoxocation, falling from balconies, trafic accidents etc etc. And most holiday destinations see an increase in peak season. I remember the ammount of deaths and injuries dramatically decreased when the authorities improved the area around Amnesia and Priviledge, prior to that there were many every season. Again due to intoxication.

Yeah sure people do die from the substances themselves, but i believe this to be not so common. I could be wrong.

i guess things like these can't be prevented totally. there are bound to be casualties. let's just hope that it's kept to a minimum.

This is true & no matter how sensible we think we are the truth is that we never really know what is in the things we buy.
I would not say that you can safley do drugs as that is untrue, no one knows what goes into pills, powder etc. however there are millions of people who do enjoy this & do most weekends in England, Italy, Spain & the world over - each to their own i guess & i would not judge people either way.

i am just curious as to how often people die from taking drugs whilst in Ibiza
as prev mentioned this does happen the world over so i am in no way what so-ever saying this only happens in Ibiza-

how rare/ often is death / hospitalisation in Ibiza? & what are the main causes?

When people go on holiday (anywhere) I would say 80% will do things they wouldnt do at home - or will do things to excess compared to back home when you have to consider external factors in your day to day life, such as returning to work on a Mon/Tue, having to face real life (ie family, normal day to day challenges, etc etc.

People's inhibitions tend to float out the window during that break away from normality. Those 2 weeks of pure freedom that a summer holiday gives you will make you more relaxed, lets face it, its a world away from the other 50 weeks of slogging your arse off to be able to afford the holiday in the first place.

I wont comment on whether its right or wrong to act this way , but unfortunately its the nature of how some people's minds work. Ultimately, there will be casualties along the way.....:?:?:confused:

Also, one thing Phil and I noticed this year was the lack of arms in plaster we tend to "count the broken arms during the 2 wk stay " Yes- its sad and rather anal but it amuses us in our usual random states....

Questions that arise are:

Is it a water park injuries?
is it a wet tiles round the swimming pool injuries
Go-Karting???
or just general pissedness....

I mean if you fancied an extra few week or two off work after Ibiza, where would one go to obtain a broken arm/plaster??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also, one thing Phil and I noticed this year was the lack of arms in plaster we tend to "count the broken arms during the 2 wk stay " Yes- its sad and rather anal but it amuses us in our usual random states....

Questions that arise are:

Is it a water park injuries?
is it a wet tiles round the swimming pool injuries
Go-Karting???
or just general pissedness....

I mean if you fancied an extra few week or two off work after Ibiza, where would one go to obtain a broken arm/plaster??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG we say exactly the same thing (need to get out more :lol:) What I always wonder is if they are pre-Ibiza injuries and they've decided to still go with a broken arm/leg or whether they are actual Ibiza injuries :confused: 'tis a mystery to me :lol:

OMG we say exactly the same thing (need to get out more :lol:) What I always wonder is if they are pre-Ibiza injuries and they've decided to still go with a broken arm/leg or whether they are actual Ibiza injuries :confused: 'tis a mystery to me :lol:

Barbie - its disturbing how many similarities there are with us in Ibiza..... Maybe we need to stay in more with tea and crosswords, rather than getting out more and maybe becoming one of these casualties.... :lol::lol:)

If I wanted extra time off and I knew how these injuries happened in a general sense, then I could avoid "the place" until maybe the end of the holiday when I had 2 tanned arms rather than go home with a skinny white arm to match the thousand yard stare I tend to sport for a couple of days on arrival back....

Tres attractive....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i think a lot of broken arms & legs are down to a combination of people falling over & people falling off scooters/ mopeds,

so many people get smashed & think it's a good idea to ride a moped or just in-experienced riders on roads they don't know.

I am curious though as to how many people die/ get admitted to hospital due to purely the drugs???

I know many people go away with low inhibitions & do things they wouldn't do at home, but that's what makes holidays so special-

many clubbers are now trying GHB, which in my mind is a stupid idea full stop, but each to their own. is it dodgy pills?

I am curious though as to how many people die/ get admitted to hospital due to purely the drugs???

Surely it must been more in concerns with quantity rather than quality?

What I mean is, personally I have rarely heard of deaths caused by 'dodgy' pills or powder. I have only heard of people being killed as a result of the amount of whatever it is they have taken. I mean, if your going to go out at take doses reaching double figures you are asking for trouble... Its down to being as sensible as you can be, but this is easier said than done in most cases.

Anyone else agree?

J

Whilst in Ibiza last week i heard talk that a few clubbers had died this yr whilst in Ibiza.

Has anyone else heard this?

Please don't think i am trying to say Ibiza its self is to blame as we are all responsible for our own actions.

Obviously the fact that that people will take / mix drugs is their own fault & no reflection on the island it's self as this kind of thing happens all the time all over the world.

But is this something that happens more often than people realise due to the press etc not reporting it?

as i say i was there last week & had the time of my life & took things in moderation but there are always a handfull of people who take it too far

i am just interested to see how common this is / most common cause of people needing hospital treatment / passing away.

is it dodgy drugs they have taken/ too much??

Are you a journalist

this thread just says to me the exact reason the authorites are taking severe action nowadays ibiza's on it's last leg's

I'd just like to highlight this article from the N.E. of England from last week. 7 people partying on MDMA & E's, and it ended in 2 deaths, the one in the article and the one that was said to be critically ill in the article.

These were guys who were supposed to know 'a thing or two' about what they took and where they got them from, but its ended in the ultimate consequence. Interesting how it's happened around about the same time

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nort...objectid=21417935&siteid=72703-name_page.html

Just for interest, I don't and will not partake anymore for fear of consequence. A mate said to me, why do it if there is even the remotest possibility of putting your life at unneccsary risk. That was enough to make me think I don't want to ever again. If it was legalised and everything was clean etc. then yes, but until then...

Just for interest, I don't and will not partake anymore for fear of consequence. A mate said to me, why do it if there is even the remotest possibility of putting your life at unneccsary risk. That was enough to make me think I don't want to ever again. If it was legalised and everything was clean etc. then yes, but until then...

I always thought to myself I'll be OK aslong as I have it in sensible amounts, knowing more often than not its those who go that pill too far that end up paying for it.

But after hearing about 7 deaths in the space of a week, it would be madness to use it again

Whilst not wishing to mitigate the suffering yadayada etc

Statistically, be it Ibiza, Newcastle or the moon - if you increase your blood pressure / heart rate etc & combine with booze, a very very small minority will drop.

I dont know the figures but I imagine 'alchohol related' deaths, i.e cars, falls etc count for just as many, if not more. I imagine heart attacks on the golf course get a few also.

Back