deadmau5...?!

I think he's done plenty of good stuff. Random Album Title was very solid without being spectacular. And my favourite track from that album was actually I Remember, which I see he's releasing as a single.

The attention and hype surrounding him is certainly well out of proportion at the moment and I've also heared from various people that, as a person, he's an absolute bellend...

His name on it's own certainly wouldn't attract me to a venue, but generally speaking I think he's a decent addition to any house/trance line up.

I think he's done plenty of good stuff. Random Album Title was very solid without being spectacular. And my favourite track from that album was actually I Remember, which I see he's releasing as a single.

The attention and hype surrounding him is certainly well out of proportion at the moment and I've also heared from various people that, as a person, he's an absolute bellend...

His name on it's own certainly wouldn't attract me to a venue, but generally speaking I think he's a decent addition to any house/trance line up.

yea i have heard about him as a person, as a dj i dont think he is all that but his remixes are very good, but i can definately understand why ppl find him not that special

when you hear Not alone in a club tho it makes your hairs stand

i don't think he's that bad, he's not an ok kid really.

it's just that he's an outsider to dance music culture. he didn't grow up going clubbing and doesn't profess to understand what it's really all about, he's just a music geek.

admittedly, he was totally naive regarding the "all djs are c*nts" comment and that won't have won him too many friends inside the industry, but there a thousand others worse than him.

I heard somewhere that he, after booking Marcus Schossow for one of his events, decided to get the hump with him and "ban" Marcus.

I've never met the guy so I can't comment from experience. As I say, it's just what i've heard from various people. He's started to build a bit of a reputation for himself. And as you say, grego, he's probably not the worst person on the circuit. Not everyone can be the squeeky clean, "Armin Van Buuren"-esque, mr. nice guy. Brings colour to the scene, I suppose.

As for his actual DJing I saw him briefly at Creamfields last summer (maybe for about 10 minutes - missed the last 10 mins or so of SvD to see if all the fuss had been warranted...) and he was alrite. To me, his style is more of a "warm up" one. Again, I wouldn't go to an event just to see him specifically, but would welcome seeing him as part of a well-rounded line up.

Back