Deadmau5 @SW4

Jay_99

Southwest four 2017 in Clapham looks like an amazing weekend. On August Saturday 26th and 27th.
- Deadmau5 (headlining on the Sunday night)
- Hannah Wants
- Dusky
- Duke Dumount
- Patrick topping
- Martinez brothers
- Gareth Emery
- Nicky Romero
- Pendulum
- Sigma
Ect, ect, ect.
Anyone going? :D

Last edited:
Not this year for me. Getting too expensive and too many restrictions. Also saw Wandsworth council trying to impose further sound and licensing restrictions.

Always do the SWMore after parties at Electric Brixton though. The Prydz/deadmau5 one in 2015 was amazing

I'd actually quite like to see Deadmau5 again. I've always loved that you get the full experience with him (Audio & Visual), but the thought of SW4 isn't so appealing.

Its SW4 or Creamfields for me this year......Creamfields is a near on 4hr drive though but I am still swaying towards it

looks like garbage. South west four is the one of the worst festivals in europe.

Awful sound
Awful crowds
Awful layout

South west four

Awful sound
Yep.
Awful crowds
Yep.
Awful layout
Ye... wait. Wha? I won't have that! Now you can besmirch the the sound levels, and the people. But when you criticise the layout you crossed the line, pal. You have made a very powerful enemy my friend. Haha.

I'm curious now. What don't you like about the layout? Isn't it just a generic UK festival layout?

Yep.
Yep.
Ye... wait. Wha? I won't have that! Now you can besmirch the the sound levels, and the people. But when you criticise the layout you crossed the line, pal. You have made a very powerful enemy my friend. Haha.

I'm curious now. What don't you like about the layout? Isn't it just a generic UK festival layout?

Are we basically saying that most commercial orientated dance festivals... something just isn't right with them? :lol: ;)

Full of pricks, run by moneymen. Better be careful what I post, though, as I'll start sounding like other forum members in other threads.

I must confess I do have somewhat of an odd affinity for UK festival crowds. There's just something about them.

Generally though, go to mainland Europe and everything is markedly better.

Sound. Organisation. Value for money.

Of course your typical Creamfields/SW4 attendee are there for a good time, and less so for the music/artists. They're probably younger with less disposable income, and the thought of travelling overseas to go a festival probably appears expensive. And maybe daunting too.

This is why I was so blown away by Nature One. It was just insane. For three days. And cost me (For the full weekend; spending money, camping, food, entrance AND travel) less than a full Creamfields ticket would of done.

Blank both SW4 & Cream.

Lost Village Festival is the same weekend; best UK festival I have attended, music and production is flawless.

UK Fezzys attended (Cream x2, Global x2, Vfest x2, EDC)

Yep.
Yep.

Yeah i hate the standard uk festival layout but with southwest four drink ran out on loads of bars when i went and every bar was rammed.

The crowd was full of chavs and first timers.Really aggressive people The sound was the worst i have experienced.

Not a fan of the Creamfields crowd though :/
Darn sight better than the Essex crowd infesting sw4. Just watch out for the scalies at the gate - dodgiest festival outside cast by far. Musically creamfields wins hands down for me. And much closer. Neither are a patch on Benelux offerings though.

Ot I miss gatecrasher summer soundsystem at lotherton hall on the uk festival calendar. And as for renaissance at Allerton park......both on my doorstep and long gone and sadly missed.

I've been to 8 or 9 SW4's now, and I would say they are just alright, I'm never blown away by them, the sound just lets them down, the crowd isn't the best either although I have met people there that I am still friends with..

The best UK festival was Homelands! The early Globals were good when it was just the one day, and an alnighter rather than finish at 4am (wft), never done a Creamfields, always seems a bit too 'oi oi lets have it banging boshing hows ur father' for my liking, plus its full of scousers, and I cant understand what they are saying!

Back