David Beckham.

Colonel Kurtz

Am i the only one who is totally underwhelmed by all the hype today, he would of played perhaps the last 10 or 15 mins of some games.
But the media would have you believe that he was going to single handedly win the world cup.

I don't know. The couple of articles I read noted that he wouldn't have been a starter, would have probably only come on late in games, etc.

The only significant thing was that he was poised to beat the 3-tournament record, and maybe that he would have brought some experience to the locker room.

But the injury problems are starting to pile up for you guys. Will be interesting to see who's fit by June. And, of course, I have no problem with you coming in 2nd in the group :D

I'm in Finland at the moment and you'd think it was a state visit judging by the amount of media covering it here!

Sad for him though on missing out on any chance of going to the World Cup. Personally I would have liked for him to go, despite his Manc allegiances.

Bet his phone is ringing now from ITV / Sky / BBC to be a pundit...

I'm in Finland at the moment and you'd think it was a state visit judging by the amount of media covering it here!

Sad for him though on missing out on any chance of going to the World Cup. Personally I would have liked for him to go, despite his Manc allegiances.

Bet his phone is ringing now from ITV / Sky / BBC to be a pundit...

I think Capello wants to take him fit or not, obviously not to play him, just for morale in the locker room :lol:

On a side Jam, nice to see Aquilani do well last night, all be it against poor opposition.

I think Capello wants to take him fit or not, obviously not to play him, just for morale in the locker room :lol:

On a side Jam, nice to see Aquilani do well last night, all be it against poor opposition.

Yep, Becks will make sure there's plenty of hustle in centerfield....

I think Aquilani needs games, that's all. Mascherano gets booked enough for there to be plenty of chances and Lucas is no great loss....

In American English, the changing room or whatever you losers call it is the locker room.

It's not a football/soccer specific term.

We have other different words too, believe it or not.

Bunch of friggin' 8 year olds.

In American English, the changing room or whatever you losers call it is the locker room.

Awwwwwwww, sorry John, we are a bunch of cruel bastids but that was very funny :lol:

soccer england will defo miss beckham this world cup, those curveballs in the end zone cause mayhem for the defensive linebackers.

Yep...completely deserved that.

(but it was a teeeeeeeny bit amusing.)

:lol: ;)

Somebodies tired!

Re beckham, totally underwhelming. No one has mentioned it in work, no oni at the pub post footy last night, and it has only now warranted it's own thread (and that's my barometer'.

Yet it's as big as MJ as far as the media are concerned.

Let's be clear, we have no chance anyway.

Back