Darius Syrossian Claims He Was Beaten By Security At The BPM Festival

Convo still raging on his FB page ... in a nutshell, he was peed off his GL being spanked for $40 entry so he had a go. Resulted in an Ushuaia-style ejection from the club, some alleged bruising, a very bruised ego and a sour taste all round.

Should've kept his mouth shut and taken it up with the event bods after the party.... it's not like guestlist entry can be assumed to be always free even in Ibiza ! All that said tho' he's a decent bloke not a diva but clearly doesn't understand the PR sensitivities (yet !)

was following this story on facebook this morning.

does strike as dj flips out when his pals dont get in for free, starts ranting at the young girl on the door, other staff aren't impressed so they fling him out,

dj alleges broken knee cap? broken ribs? (but yet doesn't go to hospital, doesn't post photos.

= dj burns bridges with big festival organisation

(no surprise steve lawler etc aren't making any statement here.

The biggest protracted FB feuding I've seen in ages ! Some of the comments on his page are priceless. Nick Yates piling in ahead of the Paradise showcase at the same club last night and huge accusations flying both ways about days gone by. Sounds like he needs to start his own night ... and maybe start up his own label too. In the meantime, a gag might be a good investment 'till a PR consultant is hired !

Sounds like he needs to start his own night

... where did I put that crystal ball ?

"Darius Syrossian wilson, i got him for my party that will be once a month, more details to follow pal, very excited about this project, its taken years but finally going to have my OWN, party, and book my own guests, thanks to sankeys for giving me this oppertunity, im also gonna look for really good local talent and give them a chance too."

The more you read about the more if seems like he mouthed off in South America and got roughed up a bit. And while it's common to have DJs adding to their list late on, the organisers claim his management knew lists had by 28th December, yet he was offering people list on his FB last week. I'm sure if Carl Cox wanted to add a couple of people on the day, he could assume the rules might be bent for him, but this bloke doesn't have that clout, does he?

I suspect, as with moth things, somewhere between both accounts lies the truth.

Like he did mouth off. Like the organisers did ask for him to be removed by security.

But lets face it, give your security any opportunity for a bit of roughing-up - give them an inch; they will take a mile.

Steve Lawler's response pretty much says it all.

Darius is young, and a relative newcomer. Wet behind the ears, that's all. Everybody I've spoken too who booked him has said what a gent he is. Very grounded. Very humble. Of course, we all lose our temper a bit from time-to-time.

And I'm sure we've all been involved in an altercation where we've beefed out the details a bit to make it sound a little more juicy than it actually was.

Difference is he is not elaborating a story to a handful of close mates, but several thousand fans.

I suspect, as with moth things, somewhere between both accounts lies the truth.

Like he did mouth off. Like the organisers did ask for him to be removed by security.

But lets face it, give your security any opportunity for a bit of roughing-up - give them an inch; they will take a mile.

Darius is young, and a relative newcomer. Wet behind the ears, that's all. Everybody I've spoken too who booked him has said what a gent he is. Very grounded. Very humble. Of course, we all lose our temper a bit from time-to-time.

And I'm sure we've all been involved in an altercation where we've beefed out the details a bit to make it sound a little more juicy than it actually was.

Difference is he is not elaborating a story to a handful of close mates, but several thousand fans.

Do you mean Lawler's lack of response or are you paraphrasing something he's said in your final three paragraphs?

Last 3 paragraphs are just my personal thoughts. The following is what Lawler posted on his social media. It doesn't give much, if anything away, but my interpretation is he considers it a storm in a tea cup:

"En-route home back to the UK to see my gorgeous wife and Daughter after an amazing North and Central America Tour.
New Years Eve in New York Sankeys NYC was incredible such an amazing vibe and what they have done to the club is outstanding.

U Street Music Hall in Washington DC, such a cool venue with such nice people, Mighty in San Fran another incredible show, LAExchange LA was out standing huge night amazing atmosphere.. and last but by no means least VIVa warriors 2014 showcase at The BPM Festival was the highlight and best gig of my year such an incredible gig i am inspired!. Regarding the situation between darius and BPM this is a shame that this is what some people are talking about when it should be how amazing our BPM Warriors show was.

Peace and Love to you all.. Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy 2014!"

Not really imo ... his lack of taking sides is likely more to do with the fact Darius is about to walk from Viva! (to all intents and purposes - as a regular anyway) as he's always on warm up duty. He's not central to Viva! brand and the damage for the brand from Lawler taking up the cudjels is disproportionate. Darius is going to be likely headlining his own night at Sankeys and playing Sankeys Ibiza too (but not regularly under the Viva! Warriors banner at that party). It's the right thing to do. And he's certainly got people talking about him ;).

The whole affair really reinforces the issue - the Viva! fees got pretty much soaked up by Lawler, Tanzmann & Steve Bug so $1000 a piece max left over for the bill-fillers (of which he was one of 3). The other 2 didn't show as their flights weren't paid for and likely Sante and Detlef don't earn enough to justify absorbing their fares with no other local paid appearances to cover their total costs. Bit embarassing for Detlef having this blown open when he'd said on FB it was because he had flu :rolleyes:. If Darius covered their sets he should have got their fees That would have sorted his air fare. Obvs Viva decided to keep it and let him play longer ("am I bovvered" ?). Hmmm.... The fee thing really is between Viva! and Darius and not a reflection on BPM and completely irrelevant. The club and BPM would not have had anything to do with this and could not have known those private fee arrangements. Or that Darius had done a one-party trip to the other side of the world rather than tagging BPM onto a North American tour to help balance costs. As he's admitted his agent "told him not to do it", so no sympathy on that front to be honest.

I bet Viva! communications also failed totally to communicate his needs / RQs effectively. They likely missed deadlines for GL too and probably didn't have the clout (or will) to make sure everything went as it should. Looks like he didn't even have the address of where he was meant to be staying so whole thing looks like a complete shambles to me organizationally and I'll bet Viva! were as much to blame as BPM for the conditions arising in which sh!t hit the fan. If they had been really on the ball they would have had someone checking DJ GLs with the door at the start of the night to make sure everything went smoothly. Again clearly not bothered enough. It's all that which basically ensured Darius was not profiled at BPM and probably set the conditions for what followed.

As far as the duffing up thing, threats and post-incident witch hunts are concerned, I believe him. Also that the GL girl likely threw a wobbly when challenged. Perhaps she was shagging someone important (one of the "Security" ? or Craig Pettigrew ? :eek: :D) or maybe planning on pocketing the $40 entry fees to share with the "Security" and over-reacted to cover her tracks, etc. Or perhaps she was just "following orders" to charge and got upset when she got confronted, so organizers made a big show of it so the staff didn't cause trouble in protest and would continue to co-operate. Clearly there were politics going on and can think of a whole host of reasons why this all led to the guy being duffed up and pursued when it got exposed beyond what's put forward on the face of it.

He's clearly no politician and probably isn't perfect at dealing with the PR side of things - so should have his own night and his own PR people who will look out for his interests rather than include him as a bit of an after-thought.

As for BPM - the whole "you were rude to our staff" thing is the feeblest excuse ever - about the level of call centre crew getting challenged being rude and not doing their jobs. This pathetic behaviour from people weilding massive power by spinning cash in a 3rd world country.... well .... however good the festival is that just smacks of a bunch of absolute tossers. The timing was clearly carefully orchestrated too so there wasn't a scene before the party was all but over and happy $600 wristband-wearing punters largely distracted. Obviously marching powder behaviour abounding left right & centre so not surprising a load of nasty cr*p over a small altercation blown massively out of proportion. In the DJ booth.

Looks like he had a 'Northern Moment' in the booth after all ... seems the bouncer put a hand on him and he started the old

peshi.gif

... was only going to go one way doing that. Sad thing is he seems to think posting a video that up will help prove something positive. All it's done is make it look like he brought his misfortune on himself :rolleyes:

DD comes off has very naive. If you want to play at a loss to seem like one of the big boys, keep it to yourself when you get treated like a nobody, or you lose the very currency you tried to buy.

Looks like he had a 'Northern Moment' in the booth after all ... seems the bouncer put a hand on him and he started the old

peshi.gif

... was only going to go one way doing that. Sad thing is he seems to think posting a video that up will help prove something positive. All it's done is make it look like he brought his misfortune on himself :rolleyes:

Yup, looks like he through the first 'punch' at a Mexican bouncer and is surprised it didn't work out so well.

As he said anyone posting 'against' him was from BPM, I posted that I wasn't but that the video he posted showed he threw the first punch.

He deleted my post.

As he said anyone posting 'against' him was from BPM, I posted that I wasn't but that the video he posted showed he threw the first punch.

He deleted my post.

And blocked me I think. I hadn't liked his page but was a,bale to comment on that thread, now my post has gone and I don't have the option to comment?

Other posts saying he threw the first punch gave also disappeared. The bloke's tool, I reckon. Loose cannon who's probably damaged chances of anyone big using him.

Yup, looks like he through the first 'punch' at a Mexican bouncer and is surprised it didn't work out so well.

Threw ? (sorry couldn't resist :D) ... he pushed the bouncer away when security placed a hand on him. So confrontational, yes. But still does beg the question why they felt the need to come up to the front and eject him from the club 4 hours after the alleged issue with the GL girl. There's no smoke without fire on all fronts.

And blocked me I think. I hadn't liked his page but was a,bale to comment on that thread, now my post has gone and I don't have the option to comment?

The "DJ Hissy Fit and the South American Henchmen" one ? :lol:

Back