danny t is the only real superstar dj out there

R

rgerman

So i just got back to my boring life in NYC. I am going to share a little of my last week in ibiza (31.08.02 to 8.09.02).

first and foremost: FOOD IN IBIZA IS SHIT.

Yes the Sasha bullshit sucked. he played a money set on the terrace, but to pull this prima donna paul oakenfold shit and not even play your own f***ing birthday party is a joke. he is now on my shit list of dj's. but jason byes and rui di silva both rocked. but its f***ed to have paid so much for two good resident DJ's. if digweed was sick then thats fine, but sasha still should have been able to play for a couple of hours inside. f*** SASHA.

monday night went to the cacoon party which was absolutely amazing. sven vath and tony rios were seamless. the white smoke effect of blinding you in whiteness at every drop was amazing and there shit splinting german techno was on fire. stayed until it closed down.

tuesday night went back to amnesia to try and catch sander kleinenberg. i have some of his live sets and he is money, but that night at amnesia was f***ing awful. mixing was shit and it was cheesy house. f***ing huge let down. i don't know if it was him playing, but it was shit. as it f***ed me for going out the next night, as three nights of the — put me in the shit. As i heard darren emersons water party on wednesday is not to be missed.

missed tiesto at amnesia as well, still feeling like shit. went to the beaches and kicked it, just couldn't muster the energy to go to the clubs. i would love to hear how tiesto and cox were that night.

as for the beaches, salinas is the shit. sa trixa has the best waiter on the planet there. the rest i will not tell you about. HA. find them yourselves.

went to km5 on friday. that place is the bomb. needed to rest up for danny t the next night.

which brings me to one of the best club nights i have ever had. the fact that i was stone sober for this night made it even better. shit ass line to get into privilege that night as they had been giving out free passes if you got there before 11pm for Danny Tenaglias huge 12 hours set all over the f***ing island. so there was huge unorganized lines with 2 f***ing doorman running the show. got the pay place at 11.01pm and had to fork over the 30 bucks. best 30 dollars i spent all vacation.

danny had been playing for 3 hours by the time i got in there, so he had already warmed up by the time i got there. i spent the next 5 hours dancing my ass off. my legs couldn't hack it anymore around 4.30. had to get home and pack as i had to leave the next day anyways. this was the most amazing set of my week and in the top five of all time sets seen. this man is/was amazing that night.

some reasons why this set kicked so much ass:
1. danny interacts with the crowd, whethers its is light sabers our his flood lights or him getting out side of the DJ booth and shaking that little booty of his or him talking to the crowd. the man really looks like he is having a good time up there.

2. his music was sick. he just kept on playing classics, new stuff, it was all over the place and it rocked: tech house, prog house. house.

3. privilege was huge. to see so many people so jazzed by one DJ was sick. everyone there was dancing.

everyone of these huge DJ's like sasha, digweed, oakenfold and the lot need to take notice of how to put on a show. these 2 hour sets by these guys is bullshit. everyone of these faggity dj' should be throwing at least 4 or 5 hour sets together and if they are partners, should be in there for 10 hours like deep dish. the fact the danny t probably was playing his be yourself night in NYC the night before for his standard 8 hours makes this privilege thing that more impressive.

DANNY TENAGLIA YOU ARE NOW THE BEST DJ IN THE WORLD. congrats and thank you for making my last night there the best it could have been.

Yes the Sasha bullshit sucked. he played a money set on the terrace, but to pull this prima donna paul oakenfold s*** and not even play your own f***ing birthday party is a joke. he is now on my s*** list of dj's. but jason byes and rui di silva both rocked. but its f***ed to have paid so much for two good resident DJ's. if digweed was sick then thats fine, but sasha still should have been able to play for a couple of hours inside. f*** SASHA.

Totally agree with u there dude!!!!! We were there for the Renaissance opening party where we saw Sander K and "apparently" Digweed as well. But i swear on the life of me, everytime i looked up in the dj booth during his shitty ass set, the guy spinning looked like a spanish dude...and I KNOW digweed isnt spanish. Huge f***in letdown but whatever it only set us back 20euro to get in VIP.

DANNY TENAGLIA YOU ARE NOW THE BEST DJ IN THE WORLD.

Im gonna have to disagree with u there, ive heard his sets and they bore me to death. If u wanted a show u shouldve hit Sanchez on monday night and DEFO subliminal on that wednesday. ERICK MORILLO IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f***IN NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIHcEAL

i would have agreed with you on the Danny T statement before his privlege set. as i have seen him many times for his be yourself parties in new york, but after that night i have an all new found respect for this man. 12 hours. thats sick. name another dj out there that will play for that long and actually look like he is enjoying himself the whole time.

DT is a SHOWMAN ! ! I left privilege at his last track (9 30 AM), I also got to see him spin at DC 10, from roughly 6 PM to 9 30 PM AND saw him at Bora Bora today ! ! (but he was just chillin).

DT and his spotlights and smily faces lights make everyone smile......got me and the crown hyped ! !

Christian

still about 8 days of parting left in IBZ ! !

I agree that DT is one of the ultimate best!!!! I have been following this guy and have yet to experience his 12 hour sets but rest assured before I retire from my partying days I will see him!!!!

I was so upset that I chose the wrong week to go to Ibiza and missed DT's Pacha set on July 4th. No fear I will be heading to NYC sometime soon to check him out.

My one regret is an event we have in Canada called BIG DJ SMALL CLUB and I declined going with my friend (they don't tell you which DJ is playing)....he experienced 6 hours of the master....What was I thinking :?: , I know it was a school night but work or no work I should have been there :cry:

Michael, Roger is good but trust me the master of the tables is Danny. You have to have been born in the 70's to appreciate the groovy house he brings to people....Tribal and Africa are in his blood as well. ;)

I have to agree on the fact that Danny T is the best (or one of the best).. My biggest frustration is having to fly out of Ibiza the day he was playings and thus only catching 30 minutes of his set..

so did they upgrade the system for him at privlege...he is really anal about his sound and he deserves to be....when i was at privelege the sound was awful so i hope he upgraded it....

anyway at amnesia he had the system pumping to full level and he was thanking his sound guy for making him sound so good...truly a class act.....

DANNY TENAGLIA AT ARC THIS FRIDAY

IBIZA SPOTLIGHT loves NEW YORK...

Thanks to James and everyone else here For the feedback, comments and constructive comments about E V E R Y single thing.

Danny Rules!

IF YOU ARE COMING TO NYC.. anyone!

SEND ME a PM so we can meet at CHURCH... ARC/VINYL .... DT IS GOD!

If you are coming from Europe, Asia, Africa, Antartica, IBIZA, USA or MONTREAL.... SEND ME A PM - I live only 25 blocks from DT's house..... vinyl/ARC!

HAVE FUN....!

house MUSIC RULES!

Back