Danny Rampling's Greatest Sets

Had an old dodgy mixtape of him from 93/94??? Playing amongst other things Open up and In de ghetto...

choice of tunes 10/10 mixing 3/10

Same goes for his JDJ mix

hmmmmmmmmm :lol:

in fairness, some of the stuff knocking about around 95 was ok - will always have a soft spot for Platipus Records

That is the kind of stuff I was thinking of. I know it's a bit harder but always like the Prolekult label as well. The tunes were a bit different and had a nice bit of marxist styling on the sleeves and a message on the inside of the record, class.

I heard some of his goa mixes back in the day. These mixes and they were excellent, unfortuantely I don't have any recordings of them.

...I thought this was a Rampling thread. :lol:

OK - well if we're going old skool then it's Larry Levan and Farley & Heller all the way for me.

Anyone heard the Junior Boys Own essential mix from 27/11/93? 8)

for me i have to say i got into danny rampling late in my house music listening career....as an american we were never really exposed to him...when i worked in manhattan at a desk job i would stream radio 1 back in late 2001 and 2002....my first and only live experience with danny rampling was the radio 1 party at nikki beach in miami for the WMC where he did a love groove dance party live and let me tell u something the energy and tracks were absolutely amazing....my most treasured sets of dannys were the hotmixes i have from his shows from 98-02....its a god damn tragedy that his show was taken off the air....my favortie set of his was his LGDP live from cafe mambo in ibiza 2001...u can feel the energy through ur speakers listening to that....roger sanchez did a half hour hotmix thats one of the best half hours of house ive ever heard...when he dropped another chance and the crowd erupts, itll give u goosebumps....not to mention thats my favorite house track ever after seeing the reaction it got at pacha in 2003...probably the coolest clubbing moment ive ever had...that LGDP set from 01 really summed up the greatest times of my life...i almost get sad listening to that nowadays cause the music now doesnt give off the same vibe as those tracks did...clubbing wasnt as much of a business as it is now and it was more about the music and the crowd rather than buying $700 bottles of grey goose and sipping it at some VIP table....ibiza is a great example of how clubbing and society have ruined clubbing....no more outdoors, no more dancing on tables, no more afterhours and too much minimal and electro ****...dont get me wrong its still an amazing place but not even close to what it was in 02 and 03 when i went....when i went back in 07 it was clear something was off....so heres to great times (97-03 for me) and if anyone has any old danny rampling sets id love to grab em from ya....if anyone has any of the LGDPs from ibiza pre-2001 id give my left nut and part of my right one for em....cheers everyone

Back