Danny Howells

dance4life

can anyone recommend any good mixes? i've heard a lot about this guy lately... good reviews...but i'm not very familiar with him

cheers :)

I like it but its a couple of years old... I know that my friend has downloaded some Howells sets which are really good, I'll see if I can get the site address, supposedly you have to download in 4 parts and then splice together.

NuBreed is OKish but it doesn't do Howells justice. Get Nocturnal Frequencies 3 CD1 and Nocturnal Frequencies 2 CD2... absolute quality! These 2 CDs are what got me into Howells so much! :D

BARTONIOUS said:
NuBreed is OKish but it doesn't do Howells justice. Get Nocturnal Frequencies 3 CD1 and Nocturnal Frequencies 2 CD2... absolute quality! These 2 CDs are what got me into Howells so much! :D

I've got nocturnal frequencies 2 and it put me to sleep to be honest.

His latest offering is 24/7 on gobal undergound.

He is basically deep house with tech/electro/prog influences. I find him very hit and miss......wouldn't go out of my way to hear him.

vinylgroover said:
BARTONIOUS said:

I've got nocturnal frequencies 2 and it put me to sleep to be honest.

His latest offering is 24/7 on gobal undergound.

He is basically deep house with tech/electro/prog influences. I find him very hit and miss......wouldn't go out of my way to hear him.

i love deep house and i've heard some good mixes from him but i agree he can be hit and miss. I didnt like his Nubreed and i have 24/7 but only cd2 i like. cd1 was a bit too slow for me and is liable to put me to sleep.. :rolleyes:

cd1 is probably one of the best cds of the year.

its not suppose to be club music. for the real danny howells, download mixes from Soulseek.

the 24/7 cd1 is just lush. its down tempo music to listen to on a lazy sunday. believe me, it will grow on you. its brilliantly mixed IMO.

cd2 is ok. some great tunes on it, but not as crazy as danny howells can play it.

the nubreed cd is good, but the nocturnal freq cd's are superb.

the man has to be seen live for you to really appreciate how good he is. dont be put off if you dont like a mix cd...

HarryHotspur said:
the 24/7 cd1 is just lush. its down tempo music to listen to on a lazy sunday. believe me, it will grow on you. its brilliantly mixed IMO.

the man has to be seen live for you to really appreciate how good he is. dont be put off if you dont like a mix cd...

i had a feeling it might..grow on me that is. your right its a great cd to chill out to which i dont do much of so it wont get played out.

i'm listening to nocturnal 2 right now but yet to draw an opinion...cd2 picks up very nice. cd1 made me feel as if i was on a ride at a theme park, beginning a journey through space and then slowly bringing me back to earth.. 8)

i've yet to hear nocturnal 3

unfortunately its not like i'll be seeing him live any time soon.. :rolleyes:

I didn't like 24/7 at first, you really do have to give it a chance but it totally grows on you, I think it's brilliant, CD1 is a masterpiece.

You definately have to hear Howells live to fully appretiate him, he's awesome.

Another good Howells CD: Renaissance Revelation - CD1.

His latest GU 24/7 is pure gold. CD1 is probably one of the best downtempo CDs I have heard (competing with the DJ Shadow's, K&D, etc). The mixing is so tight and the programming is right on. CD2 provides the listener with the housier side of Danny. Many quality tracks: "The Idiots - The Rush", "Iz and Diz - Luv it Dub it (Fred Everything Remix", "Sex on Wax - Keep it real w/ Princess Superstar - Do it like a robot accappella", "Laurent Garnier - Sambou".

The best live mix you will find from Danny is probably the 3-part-mix from Red-Light Paris. It is 2-3 months old but of great quality.

Danny is, IMO, one of the best entertainers in the industry. He really knows how to get the crowd moving (he did it for 12 hours in MTL), his mixing is superb, and he is so entertaining to watch (a real clown)

Back