DanceTop 500 ever

Carry on

Id&T radio is broadcasting the best 500 dance tracks ever for some days now....

and finally the final 5!!

5: Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar
4: Tiesto - Traffic
3: Delerium - Silence
2: Tiesto - Flight 643
1: Underworld - Born slippy

What do you think about it??

Carry on said:

Sounds like it was voted by a load of 18 year old trance kids :confused:

Cafe del Mar and Born Slippy def warrant a place in a lot of people's Top 10 but where are the 'true' classics :confused:

Sounds like it was voted by a load of 18 year old trance kids :confused:

Well I don't think so, I think it's because Trance is major in Holland

(don't ask me why, I don't like either) but you're wright about the classics

i dont agree, but I certainly dont think that 18 year old trancekids have voted either. Might not be the biggest thing in the UK AT THE MO´BUT TRANCE IS DEFINATELY hot elsewhere, sooooo......... :rolleyes:

Ibiza-girlie said:
i dont agree, but I certainly dont think that 18 year old trancekids have voted either. Might not be the biggest thing in the UK AT THE MO´BUT TRANCE IS DEFINATELY hot elsewhere, sooooo......... :rolleyes:

Trance is still big in UK and I'm sure that no-one will question the inclusion of things like Cafe del Mar but please 3 Tiesto songs :rolleyes: Will people still be listening to them in loads of years time like people still listen to the likes of Promised Land, Where Love Lives, Yeke Yeke, To be in love, Blue Monday etc............

I definately agree that Tiesto schouldnt be amongst top 5!! thats just wrong,.,,sure he´s a great (slightly dull) DJ, but his traqcks.......hmm....to be discussed

Ibiza-girlie said:
I definately agree that Tiesto schouldnt be amongst top 5!! thats just wrong,.,,sure he´s a great (slightly dull) DJ, but his traqcks.......hmm....to be discussed

The thing is these polls are so subjective, who's to say what the best song is, the best DJ is etc, at the end of the day it's all down to personal opinion isn't it.

definately! its like, I could never judge a housetrack cuz my preferences are so small and I know nothing about the genre, honestly. I can say wheither it appeals to me or not - but I could never pass an honest judgement....

I hate trance and techno. Where's Tears by Robert Owens? Born this Way, by Carl Bean. Apparently, when it comes to music, the Dutch, dont know much, lol. :D

2 dance tunes i love are Children - Robert Miles and Insomnia by Faithless. Quality songs that nobody gets bored listening too. You can tell the crowd is uplifted when they play by the reception they both get.

Carry on said:

Hmmmm, certainly not to my tastes…….

What about some of the below

Frankie Knuckles – Your Love
Marshall Jefferson – Move Your Body
Jaydee – Plastic Dreams
DJ Rolando – Nights of the Jaguar
Derrick May – Strings of Life
Moby – Go
Donna Summer - I feel Love
Blair - Life (Derrick Carter mix)
Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story (modern day classic imo)
Joe Smooth – The Promised Land
T Connection – At Midnight

Totally agree with you!! my favorite songs aren't in the list either.

This list is compound by Id&T, this organisation is so big in Holland that they are almost able to transmit the music scene in the Netherlands.

Back