dance4life in Ibiza

dance4life

Flew into Evissa airport at 9:30pm Saturday night. I had a window seat and was greeted by an amazing red sunset from the plane window as we flew across the island. Absolutely stunning!! It was enough to bring a tear to my eye. I will never forget that moment, finally seeing where i've always wanted to go...Ibiza! :p

Got a taxi to the lovely Es Vive hotel. What can i say, this place is definitely worth the pennies...beautiful pool, friendly staff, chilled atmosphere, great food, 24 hour bar. I highly recommend it. Oh and A/C too!!! Only thing lacking is perhaps one of those little fridges to keep your water, liquer or whatever cold. Met up with Jannica and we chatted for a while, then thought it be good to get some sleep so we'd be fit for Sundays@Space opening.

Sunday morning met the infamous Barbie and Transmaster Tom...hehe...who are two very lovely people. I love you guys!! :D's and lots of hugs!! Me, Jannica, Sarah and Tom made our way towards Space about 10:30. Stopped in at Bora Bora for a few drinks. Wow this place is everything i thought it would be and more. It was amazing just to be able to lie around and swim while listening to the sweetest house. I would be back here many times. Went to Space around noon and danced the terrace off. So cool 8) Jon Uylsses warmed up nicely, very nicely and the crowd was gorgeous. Beautiful music, beautiful people...nothing beats that on a Sunday morning..no place i'd rather be!! Left to Bora Bora after Ulysses and had a wee dance in the sun then back to the Terrace and had it until midnight or so. Bloody hot it was even though they handed out little fans, they didnt do much. Wondered back to Bora Bora and everyone was going mad and dancing on the tables. It was so cool! 8) I was so happy, felt total freedom and extacy. Ibiza is heaven!!

Monday morning met with Sarah and Tom again and went to DC10 for Circo Loco. Whoever was spinning was pumping out some mean bass and i was totally loving it. :p It was really messy out on the terrace, lots of Space causualties and very hot. The planes flying over was class!! Everyone cheering! :D I was pretty tired from Space the previous day so i left about 1:30 and crashed out at Bora Bora.

Monday night went to Pin-Up, forget what it was all about but staying at Es Vive you can get free entry which is ace. Yet another perk from the hotel!! :D Dont know who was spinning here either but damn it was really good. Sorta deep and funky...nice stuff! We were up on the terrace and i was up dancing on top of those white seats hehe! Great atmosphere, i was all over the terrace. There was even guy dancing on stilts lol! Unfortunately they shut the terrace early and everyone had to go downstairs but we were so damn hot that we bailed and never went in. :rolleyes: All in all a top night in a top club - free even!

Tuesday think i picked up the car i rented. Anyway hired from Moto Luis...excellent choice, i highly recommend them. They will pick you up and return you to your hotel after your done with the car. Very cheap and friendly Scottish lady who runs the show. Had a look around Ibiza Town, bought a Pacha shirt and couple CDs. Back at the hotel met up with Tom and Sarah and we all went to Underwater. I had never been so impressed by club until i walked into Pacha for the first time. :eek: 8) Wow! The lights, the sound, and the white curtain thingys hanging from the roof, glowing under the UV. It was amazing! Groove Armada f***ing rocked it too!! :p I almost wet myself...danced really hard all night. I think Darren Emersson came on next. He played a number of wicked tunes from last summer...Shakedown - At Night stands out. It was just amazing to here some of those tunes i had only listened to on my computer last summer and to finally here them in Ibiza in Pacha was f***ing incredible for me! There were other djs too but i think Barbie summed them up in her review. Much better memory than i, which is surprising hehe! Really good night. I did think that Pacha is overrated though. I didnt know why half the club had to be VIP? :confused: I also thought the crowd were a bit pretentious too, not that i cared really.

Wednesday took the car to Salinias and laid on the beach down at Sa Trinxa (sp?). Gorgeous beach, crystal clear water, big fish swimming by your feet. 8) That was my most favorite just sitting off the rocks chilling in the water. There was always music playing and you could get a decent bite to eat too. Everyone must go there!! I lurrrrvved it!! 8) I was going to go to Soul Heaven that night but i was too tired so just chilled at the hotel.

Thursday chilled by the pool most the day. Following Barbies recommendation of Kumharas Jannica and i took the car and tried to find where it was and watch the sunset. Unfortunately Babs crude directions were of no help and we drove around impatiently until we ended up at the end of this road which led out to these black cliffs overlooking the sea. It turned out to be an excellent place...we were the only ones there and we sat on the cliffs dangling our feet and watched a gorgeous red sun disappear below the horizon. Aaaahhhhhh! That was bliss! 8)
We ate at Kasbah which had great food and very friendly service then headed out to Cream. We got to Amnesia a bit early so left and came back about 2:00. Half hour later the man i had been waiting for Tiesto came on and pounded my ears off. I danced hard, got under the cannon...which is f***ing intense lol :eek: ... damn near choked on my own breath! Ran into PaulSub who happened to be dancing right behind me. He'd been having it hard cause i think he hadnt slept since before Manumission on Tuesday lol! Thata boy!! :twisted: The place was swarming and it was a bit too much...the crowd were just a bunch of drunk f***s so we left about 4ish. I wasnt too impressed with Amnesia, dont think i'd go back and even Tiestos set was nothing to write home about. Think my expectations were too high :rolleyes:

Friday i took the car round the south of the island. Stopped at Cala Conta...too many people, not enough sand but very beautiful. Must go back when not so busy or earlier in the day. Drove on to Cala Jondal on to Cala d'hort. Wow, Es Vedra is much bigger than i thought. I wanted to get a good photo but it was too hazy from the heat. :( Probably so much better in October or early Spring. Continued around the southern tip of the island. Its was so much fun speeding along the Ibizian roads seeing the countryside. Great views too!

Went into the old town for a meal at restaurant Vendata (sp?) in D'alt Villa. I loved it up there. I spent the last three nights there wandering around, eating at different places and taking pictures. It like your in a completely different world away from all the noise and craziness. One night there were four or five ladies sitting together chatting away tieing these coloured ribbons that were being hung in the trees and off the balconies during some festival. I took several photos of them going about their business. It was nice to capture a piece of the Spanish culture. I definitely recommend spending some time up there and having a meal. You wont be disappointed.

Anyway went back to the hotel to get ready for Pure Pacha. Ended up not getting there until 3:00 just in time as Deep Dish was hitting the decks. I was totally looking forward to a deep melodic journey, like so many of there albums but unfortunately i didnt enjoy the set at all. I must admit i was a bit dissappointed, although they (i use they because i cant remember which one of them finished) did drop that version of Clocks that i luuuurvve and everyones hands were in the air and it was another beautiful Ibiza moment. ;) :p I spent most of the time out on the terrace watching the sun come up. The terrace is lovely and its probably not hard to spend a whole night just chilling out there. I popped back in for an hour of tongy who played the latest tunes and i had it until about 7:30 at about which time my legs could barely carry me. :oops:

Saturday took car back and slept by the pool then went back to the old town in the evening.

Sunday stayed at Bora Bora most the day. Was going to go to Space but stupid me as you all know how great it was from Barbies review. :x Dont think i was feeling too well that day...excuses excuses... :confused:
Went and ate another delicious meal at Restaurant D'alt Villa...very very good...very yummy! :D

Monday was my birthday. Didnt do anything too exciting...just chilled by the pool. It was damn hot...think the heat was getting to me...i'm from Canada you know, takes a little getting used to lol! :rolleyes: Spent the evening having drinks and chatted the night away with Sarah and Tom. Thanks for the great company guys!! Oh and they even gave me a wee card hehe! :D

Tuesday i had to fly back to London but not without a f***ing 3 hour delay at Evissa airport thanks to easyjet. Now how's that to add to the post-Ibiza comedown! :evil: :(

There are many others that i met in ibiza who are all very lovely people and helped make my experience that much more enjoyable. Sorry i cant remember all your names but you know who you are. I will not forget you! ;) Take care all and stay safe!!

Best day/night: Sundays@Space
Favorite clubs: Space terrace and/or Pin-up terrace
Favorite beach: Salinas

Worst club/night: Cream@Amnesia

Will i go again? Yep :D

Another great review, I get all geared up reading all these reviews. Girls/ Cars/ Directions hmmm ;) Begining to wish we had booked Es Vive after so many good reports.

:D :D :D

Fantastic reading Dan, you took me right back there again :D

Sorry about the directions (or lack of them), my 'just keep following the road round the Bay' wasn't particularly helpful was it :p ;)

Good to have you back xx

This is a fab review!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Your right about eating at Dalt Vila. It's one of those things that make Ibiza so special!!!!

great review

dance4life, you took in time 2 weeks back. thanx
Moto Luis...excellent choice, i highly recommend them. They will pick you up and return you to your hotel after your done with the car. Very cheap and friendly Scottish lady who runs the show.
the lady at Moto Luis name is Marta Roig. I strongly recommend renting your car from this lady

Nice one Dan.

Do you mind if i ask how much the car cost you to hire for the days you had it. Did you have a parking space at the hotel, or did you park it on the street?

vinylgroover said:
Nice one Dan.

Do you mind if i ask how much the car cost you to hire for the days you had it. Did you have a parking space at the hotel, or did you park it on the street?

Hi

The car cost 150 euro for approximately 4 days (picked it up 5:00 wed and returned it 5:00 sat). Must return with full tank of gas and its full when you get it. It was a Peurgeot 206 with cd and a/c. Not bad! And we just parked it on the street in front of the hotel.

Definitely worth it! :D

dance4life said:
Flew into Evissa airport at 9:30pm Saturday night. I had a window seat and was greeted by an amazing red sunset from the plane window as we flew across the island. Absolutely stunning!! It was enough to bring a tear to my eye. I will never forget that moment, finally seeing where i've always wanted to go...Ibiza! :p

im gutted that havnt got a daytime flight this year,have to wait at least another year to see something as breathtaking as this.

dance4life said:
Drove on to Cala Jondal on to Cala d'hort. Wow, Es Vedra is much bigger than i thought. I wanted to get a good photo but it was too hazy from the heat.
How about this one I got from the plane on the way out?
EsVedra-vi.jpg

dance4life said:
Tuesday i had to fly back to London but not without a *beep*ing 3 hour delay at Evissa airport thanks to easyjet. Now how's that to add to the post-Ibiza comedown! :evil:

Hey, an extra three hours in Ibiza for free and you still complain?? No pleasing some people!!

Hey that was a wicked review dan, sorry you didnt find kumharas... you would truly have loved it!! Better luck next time... there was a lot I missed which I fully intend to make more of an effort to see when I head back.

Hope to see the pix soon!

Nice pic Andi!! 8) Somewhere down there i raced around those crazy corners in the Peurgeot hehe.

There are plenty of places i never made it either...Formentua being one of them...and how many times did i say i was going to make it :rolleyes: Anyway cant expect to do everything and i look forward to it next time. :D

Basically I did the scenery that you missed, and you did the clubs that I missed. I really want to experience bora bora and space when I get over there next time, but you have to put kumharas and formentera on your list of "things to do". If you want more directions to kumharas next time, just ask!

I hired a car while I was there as well and was surprised at how easy it was to pick up the driving over there (dont forget that I drive on a different side of the road to you!) and soon got into the swing of belting down country lanes and generally scaring the wildlife! Hee hee WHOOOSH!!

andivokes said:
I hired a car while I was there as well and was surprised at how easy it was to pick up the driving over there (dont forget that I drive on a different side of the road to you!) and soon got into the swing of belting down country lanes and generally scaring the wildlife! Hee hee WHOOOSH!!

Never mind the wildlife you should of seen my passenger! :lol:

Great review Dan.

Did you pre book your hire a car before you went out there or just hired it spur of the moment??? :D

IBIZALISA said:
Great review Dan.

Did you pre book your hire a car before you went out there or just hired it spur of the moment??? :D

I pre-booked by e-mailing them. The web address is: http://www.motoluis.com/en/index.php I told them how many days i needed, which car type and where i was staying. They came right to the hotel to pick me up and will return you when your finished.

You can hire spur of the moment but best bet is be there very early in the morning or book night before. I'd pre-book if your going in the high season.

There office is on the pier right infront of El Divino in the port.

Great review Dan, brought the memories back!

Also if you know your way about already, Moto luis will meet you at the airport so you can take your car right there and then and also drop it back at the airport too at the end which saves a lot of hassle and saves the cost of a taxi or the painful "lets drop everyone else off at their hotel first" dely of a coach transfer.

Back