Currency

G

Gigi

Could somebody tell me if I´ll be able to pay with dollars or should I go to a bank or something for exchange?

you'll need to buy some euros in a bank or currency exchange shop. there are hundreds all over the island.

I was gonna get mine in the post office, but EVERYONE says its better to change money out there- this still true??

thats a good question cos the exchange rate is crap here at the minute and i was contemplating just changing my money when im over there so if anyone could let us know that would b great. Thanks xx

Travelers checks

what about travelers checks, those are accepted everywhere in ibiza right?
Please say they are.......

Re: Travelers checks

Crystal said:
what about travelers checks, those are accepted everywhere in ibiza right?
Please say they are.......

i think you get raped at any bank if your making exchanges..you might want to shop around. i jsut put a large balance on my credit card before i went and used atms..there's plenty of them

I just got back, and I would recommend that you take your money from the ATM machine. Just remember that there is a daily limit of what you can draw.

Crystal said:
I'm just nervous about losing my card or something, and travelers checks are insured :(

if you must travellers checks are accepted for sure

if your worried about losing your card just go and take enough money out for the night then leave your card in your room :)

Crystal said:
ofcourse, that's why it's funny........is cause my dumbass should of thought of that too... ;)

:lol:

dont be too hard on yourself ;)

btw i wouldnt take all travellers checks..they really are a hassle dont you think?

yes, but i have lost cards before and i do get nervous.
I will probably get alot in travellers checks and then just bring my credit card and keep it in safe place for emergencies.

Crystal said:
yes, but i have lost cards before and i do get nervous.
I will probably get alot in travellers checks and then just bring my credit card and keep it in safe place for emergencies.

dont do like me then cause my safe place ended up being my back pocket.. :oops: :lol:

Just get cash out of the cashmachines and keep your creditcard in the safe!

Try to withdrawal as most cash as possible in one time (because you have to pay once to use such a machine), and leave a amount of money in the safe.

Last year my boyfriens and I would take it in turns to take about €300-400 from the ATM, so we didn't get 2 lots of charges, and we made sure that we left most of our cards in the hotel safe so that we didn't get too tempted when we were out with "impaired judgement" as I'm a bad one for thinking trips to the cash machine don't count if you can't remember in the morning :rolleyes: :oops:

ATMs are the best way to go, but the worst too... I ended up just taking out euros like they were going out of style... my bank account paid for it when I got back.

And dance4life, Crystal is defo piss-taking you, she was just trying to be nice and said she was doing it to herself :p

Back