crime...??

D

djaism

how is the crime rate in ibiza?? just wondering, we might get a villa there but a friend of mine is a bit worried. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had no problems but someone staying in my apartment apparently had some break into their's (by just walking in as the security is fairly lapse) and had their cd player and cds stolen. However it sounded as though he'd basicaly left the door open for them so it was a bit of an open invitation.

Just make sure you always lock your door and balcony (if it's one people can climb into) and you will be fine.

Same for Villas really. The crime rate will still be far less than at home.

If you are particularly worried about valuables then do what I do - hide them in the most random places of all time!!!!

e.g. If you have a villa then it is easy to hide stuff so only the most random theif can nick em (freezer is always a good one, or in your cereal boxes etc...)

Ok, maybe I am being a bit random here, but you get the general point!

End of the day though, the only place you will get robbed is in the clubs in the form of institutionalised robbery!

I'd be careful about leaving your valuables on the beach though.

Also, when you're eating out, make sure you have a bag that someone can't just swipe from you. Really, crime isn't much of an issue but I'm sure that there are some people preying on unsuspecting clubbers, especially due to the states that some people find themselves in. ;)

When my boyfriend and I went the year before last our hotel room was broken into while we were in there! These two guys made some excuse saying they were looking for someone, but soon legged it!

I still think about it now - you know - what would have happened if....... this that and the other... it was quite scary though.

a mate of mine had 900Euro robbed last year from the safe.

we invited a few people back after a night out. there was shit loads of people back and we were all too wasted to give a shit who half of them were. i cud physically not move due to the amount of smoke flying around.

my mate had a habit of leaving the key in the safe and after everyone went, he realised that his money was gone.

so the moral of the story, if you get a safe, hide the f***ing key.

I heard rates were up. I think as long as ur cautious with the flat u'll be fine. Id advise everyone to watch out for pick pockets tho, readin lots about these sly barstewards recently

Yep, they can be very sly n all - reccomend combats with your cash in the buttoned pockets at the front!!

Generally you are only likely to be vulnerable when you are hammered, so be careful!

One of the main problems is being over-charged in the bars and clubs.

As much as I love the place, this happened a couple of times in Bora Bora and when my boyfriend politely pointed out that he should've had change (we drank there all the time so knew the prices inside-out!) the bar man was really shifty and it took him about 20 minutes to give him back his change.

Yep good call!

That's why I won't be getting into doing rounds with my mates, every man for himself on the drinks front!!!

At the end of the day, it's pretty hard to overcharge for a single drink, but the cheeky blighters can easily stitch you up with a round!!!!!

i have read the reveiw on holidays unvovered site about my the las perlas which is where im going in august ( san an bay ) the is reports of breakins and the theifs had a master key because they got into the safe of about 4 rooms without damaging the locked and they also had the room keys. there was someone who got mugged in the lift. (sounds scarey) i think im going to buy a kinife when im there for personal saftey.

Buying a knife for personal safety has got to be one of the most dangerous things you could possibly do!

At the end of the day, if some stuff gets nicked then so be it - the problem with having 'protection' as you put it is that

a) You'd have to be prepared to use it

b) You are raising the stakes for the criminals

Remember, it's more important for them to avoid being caught than it is for you to avoid being mugged - many of these are not your typical cowards and if cornered will be v.dangerous!

Don't try to be a hero and end up in the hospital or the nick!

Yep, call me a wuss but if I am stuck in a position where it is a choice between my health and my cash - they can have the money!

Fortunately I rarely attract trouble - not sure if that is because I'm not the smallest of blokes or what!

Seriously though, don't get a knife - It'll end in trouble one way or another!

i was thinking more along the lines of getting mugged, if you get mugged they dont ask nicley for your wallet. they will more than likley just try kick you in and after all your both human and chances are you will be a lot more smarter than them. so putting up a fight if someone tries to mug you seems very sensible ( its a risk worth taking imo) but thats just me.

craigyt2k1 said:
i was thinking more along the lines of getting mugged, if you get mugged they dont ask nicley for your wallet. they will more than likley just try kick you in and after all your both human and chances are you will be a lot more smarter than them. so putting up a fight if someone tries to mug you seems very sensible ( its a risk worth taking imo) but thats just me.

What's in your wallet worth getting possibly stabbed for?

Craig, you're a young guy and with that comes the self assumption that your indestructable (especially after a few drinks). That just aint the case though.

jet apartments

i've been living in sa penya in ibiza town for half a year and let me tell u: one should even lock the balcony door when one is home. everybody does this, 'cause there are a lot of junkie gypsies (sorry, but it's true!) and other poor people running around, ready to break into everywhere.

another story: exactly one year ago i stayed with 3 friends in "jet apartments" in playa d'en bossa. while we were enjoying carl cox at the space opening party some jerks broke into our apartment and stole our money and mobile phones, although we had been trying to hide these things. they must have been inside for quite a long time looking around carefully. the staff of "jet" told us it happens more than often and they asked the police for some additional guards.

so, my conclusion is: ibiza is not the safest place i can imagine.

Back