Creamfields

Just ever so slightly
Yeah, that is true......but not much more so than last year? Still some great acts on - the pryda arena looks great.

The fact of the matter is, it is the EDM element that is needed to sell the number of tickets required. And sad that may be for the likes of us, its simply a fact.

Interesting to see there's no Guetta this year, after his late arrival/plane fire drama last year! wonder if there's been a dispute over fees, or maybe just wanted a change

The fact of the matter is, it is the EDM element that is needed to sell the number of tickets required. And sad that may be for the likes of us, its simply a fact.

Funny how WeAreFstvl don't need the 'EDM' acts to shift tickets...but then they probably aren't in it for profits only.

There has been a huge shift over the last few years with the 'Deep House' sound being just as popular as the 'EDM' guys.

Funny how WeAreFstvl don't need the 'EDM' acts to shift tickets...but then they probably aren't in it for profits only.

On the contrary, WeAre was almost entirely funded by investment bankers in their first year, and I would imagine much the same for this year. They've done tremendously well to generate such a fanbase and high-profile in such a relatively short space of time, and no arguments about the line-up - I'd go as far as saying it is unrivalled.

But I wouldn't consider them any less or more unscrupulous than those behind Creamfields. By their own admission they experienced teething problems last year. Now all of sudden they've stretched to a full-weekend (minus any kind of camping option) and increased their ticket price to eye-watering prices imho.

Not the actions of people who are still trying finding their feet if you ask me. Still, they have enough hype behind them to seemingly be getting away with it.

Some might point at the line-up and say the over-inflated prices are justified. I would argue that whilst the acts are of the highest calibre (at least in terms of commercial success) - much like any other huge festival - you are only ever going to be able to see 25% or less of the acts due to stage clashes.

Yeah - an expensive day out for Essex boys/girls and flush Londoners. Just another big overpriced crowded event with one goal - to make as much dosh as possible out of free-flowing wallets. Add in the drinks profits and it should do very well. If that's your scene have a great time, but it's not something I want to spend my money on or my time going to. I'm happier and have more fun at an intimate little gig full of savvy, mature girls who know how to get their groove on, meself.

Back