Creamfields...

Some one from Bognor Regis (?) calls my home city rank after one brief vsit...I am not going to enter into a debate on this subject, but the second line speaks volumes!

Dont agree with this comment. i love a good night out in liverpool. people on the whole are very friendly. Over the last couple of years some of the scumbags that go creamfileds ahve given people from liverpool a bad name.

Went this year and last. This year was awful last year was good (ish) but not brilliant. The location just doesnt seem right. From what i have heard it was miles better in liverpool. The sound was appalling and the atmosphere was not good. You felt as though a fight could break out any minute and it did!

I though the one thing that could have saved it would have been the Chems but appart from a couple of brill songs and brilliant visuals overall i wasn't blown away by the set.

Think the highlight of the night was swedish house mafia (at least they sounded amazing from outside the tent!) tent was so rammed full of idiots we couldn't get in.

We left at two and i dont ever plan going back unles they give it a serious overhaul!

Rant over!

This year im going global. (couldn't go last year my bro's wedding!) and im hoping for much better things. Hasn't dissapointed me in past years. Fingers crosed it will be good weather this year!

Have to say best event i went to last year was 02 wireless. We went last min and got tickets for 20 quid for sun only! Wasn't expecting it to be great (aside from daft punk!) but had an amazing time. Digatilsm and SMD spot on and i was blown away by daft punk!

The sun even come out!!

Maybe it's best not to build things up so much sometimes.

Creamfields last year was better IMO but it's always got a few people you want to avoid about, and I've had some agro many years back when Gorillaz played a very rammed tent. This year it was a bit more strange, lot more younger people. By the time Chemical Bros went on a large number of people we're drunkenly falling around and getting a bit nasty... bottles were flying - nothing more than I've seen at V festival when Ian Brown played - that was truely dangerous - proper fist fights at that gig!

I could pick up some examples, but I'd just say I recon the younger set are getting too rocked out off their trolleys on booze etc.. crawling around in the grass or getting stuck in their cheap high heals.

A billion miles from Wild In the Country which was excellent - not masses of tops dj's bit a trouble free lovely atmostphere - bit muddy by the end, but worth it! Shame it was miles away in Knebworth... Creamfields at Halton is 7 miles from my house!

HeyHo, sure plenty had a great time.. I had an "OK" time just for James Zabiela doing his thing, but with the right crowd it would have been so much better!

Clive

We had this at Reading in the tent for Klaxons, ive never seen so many bottles flying about, it was like some kind of show in itself :eek:

We also had the joy of what can only be described as half of one of those red plastic seesaws you get in places like Early Learning Centre thrown at us :eek:

We had this at Reading in the tent for Klaxons, ive never seen so many bottles flying about, it was like some kind of show in itself :eek:

We also had the joy of what can only be described as half of one of those red plastic seesaws you get in places like Early Learning Centre thrown at us :eek:

We are going this year 2008 so thought I'd check out what spotlighters were saying about it. I'd really like to know who the hell would take a See-Saw to an event with them? I laughed when I saw that.

After reading the above I'm glad we have bought hospitality tickets as it might be an escape if things get rough.

Anyone else going this year?

With the introduction of Radio 1 to this year I can only see it getting more scummier. Although I think the mood will change as it's gone back to being like 3 days or whatever. More happy people about. Global, SW4 & Fatboy Slim @ Brighton will do be fine for summer festivities I think, and a little Ibiza trip won't go amiss.

I was planning to go this year but it turns out I'm in Mykonos that week and will go to Ibiza straight after so with the options of either Creamfields or more days in Ibiza the plan has now gone out of the window :lol: The Radio 1 stage looks great though!

Back