Creamfields...

Super P

After being advised by various Spotlighters to not go to the event I had fairly low expectations of the whole thing but as I had nothing better to do and seemed like it was gonna be fairly cheap thought I'd have a pop just to say I've went.

Well, back now and finally alive enough to tap a few keys so thought I'd give a little review coz I'm bored and for you when your all feeling some pain coz no one will be doing any work tomorrow morning and for my own little records.

Left Bognor at 5AM to miss M6 traffic which worked an absolute treat as everyone I spoke to was held up for ages but apparently was raving in the road with cars at a standstill. Got to our lovely campsite for £3 a night which did exactly what it said on the tin. Got our tent up, few beers, and was in Liverpool by 11AM. Liverpool is rank, came into it through the most horrible state in the world and the town centre was pretty horrible too. Went to Albert Docks which was quite nice but didn't have much atmospher and wasn't impressed at all. Obviously, I didn't see the decent parts as I didn't know what I was doing but didn't like it too much. Did the whole touristy Cavern Club etc. and the bars round that area which were alright though.

Back to campsite and in Creamfields by about 8 and missed alot of who I wanted to see already but the atmosphere was really good and none of the crowd everyone had described on here before. First three hours was brilliant, no aggression, met loadsa cool people and listened to some good music.

The soundsystems in every tent were awful, unless you got to the front it wasn't half loud enough as only speakers were at front, major negative on the whole thing and really annoyed me. Didn't see any of the names I wanted to see which was annoying but all in all had a good time. First 3 hours was amazing, then it got a bit chavvy and the atmospher turned a bit nasty. We got in a little scuffle with a load of chavs for no reason on their part and I had A GIRLS BOOT chucked at my head which no one claimed and bottles were being chucked about everywhere and the fella next to me got tonked and went down but luckily the drugs made him better within a few minutes. By 4AM ish, alot of chavs, alot of casualties which meant hometime for me.

Won't be going back again but really enjoyed myself so definately glad I went. Roll on Global.

On the Sunday, went to Manchester which was suprisingly really nice, went about the town then Trafford Center then went to Old Trafford and watched United Spurs which was good. Took nearly 8 hours to get home despite a 4 hour expected trip but we sampled the delights of Banbury nightlife on the way home to meet someone which was also nice.

All in all, spent about £200 which isn't too bad and had a very very good weekend so :p to all who said don't go.

ANOTHER THING... The girls in Liverpool and Manchester are amazing, was actually shocked at how much more attractive they are than southern girls. I'm from Bournemouth and we have supposedly the best girls about but North West destroys them. Not being a perv, just a general social comment that girls are much better looking up North.

. Liverpool is rank, came into it through the most horrible state in the world and the town centre was pretty horrible too.

Obviously, I didn't see the decent parts as I didn't know what I was doing but didn't like it too much. .

Some one from Bognor Regis (?) calls my home city rank after one brief vsit...I am not going to enter into a debate on this subject, but the second line speaks volumes!

Some one from Bognor Regis (?) calls my home city rank after one brief vsit...I am not going to enter into a debate on this subject, but the second line speaks volumes!

Now now, firstly, my hometown is Bognor Regis, which is quite nice. I now live in Bournemouth, which is lovely. As I said, I didn't see it all but my perception and friends was that what we saw was not nice at all.

Well at least u went mate, im sure it could of been worse!!

And yes, us northern monkeys are alot better looking :D

Your review is mainly negative so I'm struggling to see how you could have had such an amazing time! you've basically said Liverpool was sh1t, the crowd was chavvy, you got into fights, the soundsystem was rubbish, and you wont be going back again.

Sounds like you had a great time! :rolleyes:

Oh.... and that's the first time I've ever heard that Bournemouth are supposed to have the best looking girls!! :lol:

It's human nature that you think and remember more negative than positive. Plus, what more can I say than the music was good, was not going to describe every tune and little dance move and people I met. It was an immense weekend, well worth the three tonne I boshed on it anyway. Roll on next weekend of overtime overtime overtime to pay for my next adventure.

It's human nature that you think and remember more negative than positive.

That's scientifically untrue. It's been proven beyond doubt that people think things were better in the old days because they naturally repress unfavourable memories.

That's scientifically untrue. It's been proven beyond doubt that people think things were better in the old days because they naturally repress unfavourable memories.

Buckley's right.

It's known in scientific circles as "Rose Tintum Spectacularum" and the version that strikes older folks is "Backinum dayus".

SCIENTIFICALLY, it requires 5 positive things to erase the psychological effect of one negative thing.

I know everything about everything.

Ahhh tits. Not at my old school anyway, we thought doing Maths was pretty "out there" but then again, we did fail Ofsted continually and were branded "worst school in the south" of which I was in the "worst tutor group", this makes me cool. 8)

Creamfields last year was better IMO but it's always got a few people you want to avoid about, and I've had some agro many years back when Gorillaz played a very rammed tent. This year it was a bit more strange, lot more younger people. By the time Chemical Bros went on a large number of people we're drunkenly falling around and getting a bit nasty... bottles were flying - nothing more than I've seen at V festival when Ian Brown played - that was truely dangerous - proper fist fights at that gig!

I could pick up some examples, but I'd just say I recon the younger set are getting too rocked out off their trolleys on booze etc.. crawling around in the grass or getting stuck in their cheap high heals.

A billion miles from Wild In the Country which was excellent - not masses of tops dj's bit a trouble free lovely atmostphere - bit muddy by the end, but worth it! Shame it was miles away in Knebworth... Creamfields at Halton is 7 miles from my house!

HeyHo, sure plenty had a great time.. I had an "OK" time just for James Zabiela doing his thing, but with the right crowd it would have been so much better!

Clive

Back