Cream + Privilege

dance4life

I was wondering since Amnesia is so rammed for Cream why not hold it in a bigger venue like Privilege? Has Cream ever been held in Privilege before or does it have an agreement with Amnesia and will always be held there? Cream apart, from WLS, Manumission, etc., doesnt have any trouble pulling the crowds so do they not think they could pull enough to fill Privilege? Any comments? Do you prefer Cream held at Amnesia or does anyone else think it would go down well in Privilege? :?:

If you ask me does the music of Cream not fit in Privilege... Amnesia is more a dark underground trance place, Privilege is more the open, light, popular music kind of places.

I will never go wild in Privilege, it is just too light, too big. And the sound and light in Amnesia are better than in Privilege. (which isn't strange because Privilege is so big, so must be difficult to have everything perfect)

And like in Amnesia the volume of the music can really be hard and loud, like it is supposed to be for Cream. In Privilege you will not have that.

And I will miss the co2-machine in Privilege.;)

Privelege doesnt sound as good as Amnesia, sure privelege is more fun to look at but I think Amnesia is the perfect place to be held!

some club nights fit into clubs like a glovein ibiza

Manumission & Privilege are made for each other

Cream was meant for amnesia (as was gods imo)

es paradise was made for dj sammy

moving cream from amnesia would chance everything about cream in ibiza

dance4life said:
I was wondering since Amnesia is so rammed for Cream why not hold it in a bigger venue like Privilege? Has Cream ever been held in Privilege before or does it have an agreement with Amnesia and will always be held there? Cream apart, from WLS, Manumission, etc., doesnt have any trouble pulling the crowds so do they not think they could pull enough to fill Privilege? Any comments? Do you prefer Cream held at Amnesia or does anyone else think it would go down well in Privilege? :?:

bro tell me about your trip i got 3 weeks before i take off...how was tiestor and pvd at cream.....tell me a little more about the places you went....eventhough i went last year...there's stuff i can learn...so fire away
nik

I think its a good idea. Went to cream but couldn't dance as it was so rammed you just couldn't move. Privilege was packed for mannumission too but there was loads of space. I think that Cream would fit in at privilege caus they would do out the decor etc to fit the music ....

Cream used to play at Pivilege when I went around 7 or 8 years ago. It was on a Thursday and I remember Mike Pickering and David Morales playing early on and finished with Jon Please Wimmin which was a very memorable night.

The scene has changed "harder" since then and you wouldn't find that kind of music in Cream - although I did hear Jon Pleased Wimmin play on a Perfecto night with Grace when I went to Cream @ Amnesia again - years ago! They have left the cheese for more progressive sounds - the time after that (a few years later) I heard PVDyk play some boring crap and they up it with a remix of Born Slippy which got the beer brigade out on their feet pumping their fag ends to the sky - while I did my best to avoid the broken bottles on the stairs. Nice!

Went to Cream's opening night this year at Amnesia and Oakie did good - some cheese but mostly good solid stuff and I stayed away from the stairs.

I recon Cream could move but they don't need to - while the press are pushing stories of falling numbers and quiet venues its good to be in a full club with good vibe - although its also nice to dance with some room too. But that was what Cream in Liverpool was like (in its day).

See you there in September for the closing parties!

Back