Cream or Ministry of Sound?

Crystal

They are on the same nights each week, and I have always wanted to see Ministry of Sound live, but it sounds like everyone likes Cream at Amnesia better.
Which one?

Do you like trance or house?

Cream is trance, very crowded and lots of beer boyz..which can ruin the atmosphere if you know what i mean.

MOS is house, more cosmopolitan crowd and much better club..Pacha 8) ...i hated Amnesia apart from the ice-cannon but thats just my opinion.

its up to you.. :)

If you like House, then go to PACHA, but if you like Trance, you know what to do. I just say that I love TRANCE, and I knew what to do. 8)

Kaiser said:
If you like House, then go to PACHA, but if you like Trance, you know what to do. I just say that I love TRANCE, and I knew what to do. 8)
errr go to pacha????????? ;) 8) :D

well i like both really......
i particularly enjoy drum n bass and acid jazz. But for the most part I can't choose one over the other. So i guess a better question to ask is which club and atmosphere do people prefer?
Pacha kinda seems to have the attitude that you are privelaged to even wait in line at their club, and for the most part they can Kiss my toosh with a tude like that.

I think there are other good nights at Pacha -- if you have the time, I'd try to do Pacha another night (Underwater or Roger Sanchez for one) -- If you want to go to Amnesia -- Cream would be the night. We went last month and I loved it. Especially the ice cannon. That in itself is worth it. If you like trance, Cream. That's it.

There are so many other good nights @ Pacha... MOS is one to skip.... I'm planning on going to Pacha 3 times while in Ibiza...
1. Roger Sanchez
2. Pete Tong and Sasha
3. erick Morillo (this may change with all the bad reviews so far)

For me the choice was easy. I love both house and trance... so I already got all the house I need and Cream will be a welcome trance addition to my week...Tiesto and PVD same night!!! :p

So for Wednesday.... Has anyone been to Groove on @ Privilege... The week I'm there it's George Morel and Robbie Rivera... Sounds interesting....

Depends on the night you go.....have a look at the lineups.

While i'm there, derrick carter and Luke Solomon are on at MOS which is hard to go past, but then again, jon carter and Andy Carroll are on at Cream.

Tiesto is an average DJ IMO, but Cream does have the house room as well.

Oh my god, just noticed you're coming from Australia to go to Ibiza, in my in my mind thats crazy!!!! Each to their own though!

N8 said:
Oh my god, just noticed you're coming from Australia to go to Ibiza, in my in my mind thats crazy!!!! Each to their own though!

haha.......maybe i am crazy, i'm leaving paradise(Sydney) for the unknown..........ahh well.

sorry HugoBoss I gotta take exception to what u say... ;)

According to the Pacha website MASTERS AT WORK are residents at ministry.... yes that's MASTERS AT WORK!!!!

I went to see DANNY TANAGLIA at MOS last year (4th July). All I can say is 'Oh my god!!'

MASTERS AT WORK, DANNY TANAGLIA... they're GODS ...surely these are the greatest US exports ever!!!????? :p :p

In my opinion, Ministry in the UK represents everything that's wrong with clubbing (over marketing, sh!t compilation albums aimed at people that wouldn't know a good night from a kick up the ars3! etc etc), but believe me, they put on a good show in Ibiza.

As for Cream.... hmmmm only for the serious trance lovers in my opinion.

Masters at Work are not at Ministry any more this year in Ibiza. They fell out with Pacha and wont play there anymore i've been told. Barbie poested about it a week or two ago.......

basil123 said:
In my opinion, Ministry in the UK represents everything that's wrong with clubbing (over marketing, *beep* compilation albums aimed at people that wouldn't know a good night from a kick up the ars3! etc etc), but believe me, they put on a good show in Ibiza.

Ministry in the Uk is excellent - The club i mean.

The other stuff like CDs etc are prety commercial crap.

basil123 said:
sorry HugoBoss I gotta take exception to what u say... ;)

According to the Pacha website MASTERS AT WORK are residents at ministry.... yes that's MASTERS AT WORK!!!!

I went to see DANNY TANAGLIA at MOS last year (4th July). All I can say is 'Oh my god!!'

MASTERS AT WORK, DANNY TANAGLIA... they're GODS ...surely these are the greatest US exports ever!!!????? :p :p

In my opinion, Ministry in the UK represents everything that's wrong with clubbing (over marketing, *beep* compilation albums aimed at people that wouldn't know a good night from a kick up the ars3! etc etc), but believe me, they put on a good show in Ibiza.

Danny T didn't play for Ministry, he did his own one-off party for Pacha to celebrate American Independence Day.

MAW were meant to be playing Ministry this year, they played the Opening Party but aren't playing any more dates either as MAW or solo as they have fallen out with Pacha and Pacha have leased the Ministry name for this summer. This doesn't affect MAW relationship with Ministry in England and their Soul Heaven residency.

Re Ministry in the UK you probably haven't been there regularly, MAW 9 hour set at the end of May was probably one of my best nights out ever. Some of the other guests they have had there recently have been the absolute bollox - Danny Krivit, Louie, Kenny, Morales, Kerri Chandler, etc etc etc.

Yeah their complilations these days are cr@p, have been ever since the Sessions series but Ministry the brand is a completely different thing to Ministry the club night on a Saturday night.

Andy Holmes said:
get yourself to cream - just ignore the beer boys!!!!!!!

That's quite difficult when they make up about 80% of the people there :eek: It's not just the crowd, it is how rammed it is as well, not my idea of a good night out.

Andy Holmes said:
the nights what u make of it...........

Just not for me, the last time I went was in 2000, I will admit I had some fab times there in the 90s when Oakie et al were there but I think it has gone massively downhill in recent years with the crowd it attracts and the overcrowding issue. It would have to be a damn damn damn good line-up to tempt us back to Cream these days.

august 7th line-up is amazing

main room - oakie, tieso, van dyk

back room - seb fontaine, mync project and guests!!!!!

speaks for itself don't you think???

you are right about the over crowding tho - its very very bad!!!!!

Andy Holmes said:
august 7th line-up is amazing

main room - oakie, tieso, van dyk

back room - seb fontaine, mync project and guests!!!!!

speaks for itself don't you think???

you are right about the over crowding tho - its very very bad!!!!!

Mmmmm well my b/friend is the biggest Oakie fan in the world and even he says he would be reluctant to go to Cream again just cos it's sooooo rammed :twisted: The last time we were there it was PVD who we were so looking forward to but we ended up spending most of the night on the terrace cos you couldn't even move in the main room.

Sort it out Cream/Amnesia :rolleyes: :twisted:

Back