Cream Birthday

diver

Not been to Cream for about 3 years. Well most peeps have not since the collapse of "Superclub Saturdays" I a planning to go to the Birthday bash on 18/11 at Nation. Any idea on the amount of scally/stripey top type people I can expect there these days?

Theyve received some bad press over the past few years with there one off events being popularised by the scalls of my fair city , and I belive for the last one they tightened up the dress code a bit (it used to be NO dress code, now NO sportswear tho trainers are ok) , so I think its improved a bit.

Theyve received some bad press over the past few years with there one off events being popularised by the scalls of my fair city , and I belive for the last one they tightened up the dress code a bit (it used to be NO dress code, now NO sportswear tho trainers are ok) , so I think its improved a bit.

the dresscode isn't particuarly important. some of the worse scalls are the ones who dress up quite smart!!

in answer to the original question, i will never go to another cream event at nation again becuase of the amount of scumbags in there. anyway, the birthday line up isn't the best - only Yoz and Eric Prydz worth seeing.

much better nights to come to liverpool for - save your trip for one of those!!

true about the dress code thing , I was just saying the dress codes a bit tighter now, I really sholdnt have tied this in with the amount of arseholes , but I think it reached a low a few events ago, when it got shut early and by reports from people who go every time they said it is getting better.

I agree bout the line up as well. not very inspiring.

I think I may give this a miss unless anyone can advise me otherwise. I am 35 years old now and need somewhere to go in the Northwest area where I feel safe. I dont get the chance to go clubbing too much these days due to having young children. I like anything except hard house. Any recommendations? ps Dont think I am a soft arse, I just cant be bothered with the mither of scalls and beerheads.

I think I may give this a miss unless anyone can advise me otherwise. I am 35 years old now and need somewhere to go in the Northwest area where I feel safe. I dont get the chance to go clubbing too much these days due to having young children. I like anything except hard house. Any recommendations? ps Dont think I am a soft arse, I just cant be bothered with the mither of scalls and beerheads.

you should check out some of the warehouse parties in manchester, covering all sorts of genres of dance with many a name from back in the day too!!8) 8)

http://www.thewarehouseproject.com/line-ups

M8 I empathise and agree with everything in this reply! Exactly the same boat too that's why my Ibiza trips are so precious too!

Don't think I'd ever return to nation either... too many happy memories of oaky and later yousef and futureshock to be spoiled!

There are loads of places to go which are far far better than what Cream @ Nation has become. Manchester - The Warehouse Project (as has already been suggested), the newly revamped Sankeys, for smaller nights in smaller venues Stylus is a quality night (www.lovestylus.com)

Liverpool - Circus (Yousefs night - last sat of the month), Chibuku, or Freeze (shameless piece of self promotion!!)

All of these nights are excellent and the scalls and beerhead count is non existent!

There are loads of places to go which are far far better than what Cream @ Nation has become. Manchester - The Warehouse Project (as has already been suggested), the newly revamped Sankeys, for smaller nights in smaller venues Stylus is a quality night (www.lovestylus.com)

Liverpool - Circus (Yousefs night - last sat of the month), Chibuku, or Freeze (shameless piece of self promotion!!)

All of these nights are excellent and the scalls and beerhead count is non existent!

Cheers for this! Feel a visit to see Yousef is in order very soon!

Some good recommendations here, thanks. I was considering also going to a Paul Taylor RETRO event. What type of crowd can you expect at these nights? For some reason I cant help think that these could be a bit "rockport"

Main Room

Lee Ellis & Anthony Probyn: 10-12am.

Gareth Wyn: 12-1am

Tiesto: 1-4am

Gareth Wyn: 4-6am

Courtyard

Leila Neve: 10-11pm

Eric Prydz: 11pm-1.30am

Steve Angello, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso: 1.30am-6am

Annexe

Yousef: 10-11.30 pm

Andy Mac: 11.30-1am

The Cuban Brothers: 1-3am

Andy Mac: 3-4am

Cassette Jam: 4-6am

agree with jez71, circus rocks. anyone know if they are doing a boxing night again? or has cream nicked all the punters?

this night freeze, pls tell me more?

However in nations defence, went went a couple of weeks back to chibuku's night there & my....did it bounce - best night for ages. and in reply to the initial question, the crowd was excellent, a few scalls in the bum & dross room (the courtyard), but the house, electro & techno crowd (main & annexe) were excellent.

going to the warehouse in manc for the first time this saturday so fingers crossed its as good as suggested.

Creams 20th birthday has been announced. Not lineup info yet though. Two events on the 6th / 13th October.

Can see these being pretty special!

Oakenfold on the 13th

Last edited by a moderator:
Creams 20th birthday has been announced. Not lineup info yet though. Two events on the 6th / 13th October.

Can see these being pretty special!

Oakenfold on the 13th

I went back to Nation for the first time in 9 years for a Cream Reunion night in the Annexe in May. I'd forgotten how much I used to love the place.

Can't do the 6th as I have a big 30th bash to go to but defo gonna try and make the 13th. Oakey was good when I saw him at DS in June

Back