Cream - 10.09.09

DaveyDave

Did anyone else attend Cream at Amnesia on 10th September 2009 and come away very disappointed that Ferry Corsten did not turn up to play his set as advertised???

When you pay €90 Euros for a couple of tickets which were bought to see Ferry, you can't help feeling a little hacked off in my eyes!!!

I have just returned from Ibiza with my wife and 3 friends and we have all come back a little disappointed with the white isle this year!! It doesn't seem to have the same buzz about it as last year and I think part of the problem is the ever increasing prices over there, despite there being a worldwide recession!! Everybody (including us) is buying booze from the supermarkets and drinking in the hotels rather than paying the bar prices which are getting silly even in the not so popular places.

Don't get me wrong, we still had a good time but something doesn't seem quite right!

We also heard while out there that Carl Cox played for only 1 hour between 11pm and 12am for his night at Space. You kinda hope that during a club night advertised as Carl Cox - Join our Revolution that Carl Cox would be the main act and play for a reasonable amount of time coming on later as per the other big names in Ibiza.

I welcome your thoughts on the subjects above to see what you think. Particularly interested on the Ferry Corsten issue which I am persuing with the venue and his own website at the moment as I am really not happy!!!

Paul Van Dyk didn't turn up at Cream when we went last year. Not much you can do really though because clubs have get out clauses for these things. It is annoying but I've been to quite a few nights over the years when DJ's haven't turned up for one reason or another.

I also attended that night but knew what to expect.

Ferry was in Brisbane that evening and he wrote me that originally it was planned to be at Amnesia that night but was changed about two months ago.
So it wasn´t Ferry´s fault but Amnesia had to change their advertisements. The didn´t change it on their homepage neither changed their advertisements on the streets.

Btw I wrote an email to Ibiza spotlight about two weeks ago and asked them to change their party calender but nothing happened. So if you really want to be sure compare the timetables of club´s and DJ´s.

Was a bit suprised that I didn´t hear any complaints during the night. Imagine Armin wouldn´t show up to a gig....

... We also heard while out there that Carl Cox played for only 1 hour
between 11pm and 12am for his night at Space.
You kinda hope that during a club night advertised as Carl Cox -
Join our Revolution that Carl Cox would be the main act and play
for a reasonable amount of time coming on later
as per the other big names in Ibiza ...
he always plays terrace before midnight,
his main gig is later inside in the discoteka.

Amnesia

Thanks for the response on this. I have checked out the details and it seems that Amnesia and the ticket sellers must have know about this in July!!!
All I can say is that is well out of order and I certainly won't be buying any tickets in advance anymore if I bother going back to Ibiza again in the next year or so!! I went twice last year and had the best times of my life but this year felt different and this particular experience has left a very nasty taste in the mouth!!

Everyone knows Ibiza is expensive and you don't mind paying the prices as long as you get what you have paid for which is clearly not the case in this instance!!

I would welcome a comment from Ibiza spotlight as I purchased the tickets from you and have made your site a firm favourite for the last couple of years!! Surely, you must have know about the Ferry Corsten situation as you pride yourselves on giving accurate and useful info.

Thanks for the response on this. I have checked out the details and it seems that Amnesia and the ticket sellers must have know about this in July!!!
All I can say is that is well out of order and I certainly won't be buying any tickets in advance anymore if I bother going back to Ibiza again in the next year or so!! I went twice last year and had the best times of my life but this year felt different and this particular experience has left a very nasty taste in the mouth!!

Everyone knows Ibiza is expensive and you don't mind paying the prices as long as you get what you have paid for which is clearly not the case in this instance!!

I would welcome a comment from Ibiza spotlight as I purchased the tickets from you and have made your site a firm favourite for the last couple of years!! Surely, you must have know about the Ferry Corsten situation as you pride yourselves on giving accurate and useful info.

Jesus christ mate, were you expecting a shag off him?

I would'v been disappointed to go to a night and not see the DJ that I was looking forward to, but at the same time I dont believe Ferry Corsten makes the night, I'm sure it was just as enjoyable without Ferry

Get over it

Jesus christ mate, were you expecting a shag off him?

I would'v been disappointed to go to a night and not see the DJ that I was looking forward to, but at the same time I dont believe Ferry Corsten makes the night, I'm sure it was just as enjoyable without Ferry

Get over it

I think the point he's trying to make is not that Ferry was a no show (it's a shame but it happens) but that the online ticket websites must have known about this weeks before hand and did not change their lineups. If what he's saying is correct then I'd be really pissed off as well.

Thanks for that!! That is indeed my point. Check out the response I got from Ferry Corsten's management company to confirm it all:

Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we have requested Cream a number of times throughout the summer to update their schedule as Ferry was indeed scheduled to play in Cream on September 10th. The schedule was changed in order to accomodate his Twice in A Blue Moon: The Experience shows in Australia. We have indeed posted the original date on our website. However, upon learning of the changes,we immediately updated the shows on all our official websites , sent out a press release, and updated our forums.

I am very sorry that you and friends were misinformed by Cream /Amnesia.

Perhaps, in the future, you can check the official website for dates regarding Ferry Corsten.

Kind regards,

Paula van der Waerden

Dance Therapy
P.O. Box 84012
3009 CA Rotterdam
The Netherlands
P: + 31 (0) 10 251 90 34
F: + 31 (0) 10 251 93 04

Email: paulavdw@dancetherapy.nl
Web: www.ferrycorsten.com | www.dancetherapy.nl | www.flashoverrecordings.com
Artists: Ferry Corsten | Bart Claessen | Breakfast | Lange | Rafael Frost | Solarstone

I apprecitate that I may be "going on about it" but it is the principle of the thing!!

After Sander van Doorn had gone off the decks, the music turned ****e and if we had known about the no-show then we would have gone into the terrace as Annie Mac apparantly played a blinder!!

I agree that a DJ doesn't necessarily make a night but in this instance, it spoilt ours and I can't help but feel a tad ripped off and disappointed.

I wanted to bring this out on the forums so people can check carefully when booking tickets for club nights as it seems some of the promotors cannot be trusted. I now know to check with DJ's websites before booking anything and even then maybe to consider getting up to date gossip when in Ibiza and buy tickets out there. You only have to ask at the right bars to get some accurate info.

Thanks for your comments and by the way, did anyone go to the Swedish House Mafia night at Pacha with Dizzee Rascal and Sebastian Ingrosso on the decks.....how good was that? Awesome night.....the only real big show in Ibiza for me this year....it had everything and the club certainly spared no expense!!

not sure why you are writing this considering i exactly explained the situation in a PM to you.

we have approaching 1000 club night entries during a season and i'd be surprised if more than a few had errors in them, certainly not including a headliner. more than that, i can assure you that spotlight had no idea about this up until a few days before the event when somebody advised us by email about the no show, which we of course were attempting to verify before the event.

take space/we love closing for example. the official date and line up has been changed some 4 or 5 times, how can spotlight be culpable for the almost random changes of that event.

Thanks for your comments and by the way, did anyone go to the Swedish House Mafia night at Pacha with Dizzee Rascal and Sebastian Ingrosso on the decks.....how good was that? Awesome night.....the only real big show in Ibiza for me this year....it had everything and the club certainly spared no expense!![/QUOTE]

Was there in early July. Great night with a buzzing, fun atmosphere.

Not a Train Spotter in sight:D

After Sander van Doorn had gone off the decks, the music turned ****e !

He must be a jinx, that's exactly who was on last year before PVD no showed and the same thing happened with the music. Luckily one of our friends texted us so we weren't waiting all night for him to turn up. I know that I was totally gutted at the time so I do appreciate how you feel. :(

I was a bit disapointed with Ferry's no show.

If it's true that Amnesia knew way back in July that he wouldn't appear, its pretty disgraceful on their part.

I thought SvD was brilliant though. And the terrace was amazing as usual.

Also, does anyone know if Sebastian Ingrosso played Pacha on the 14th September? He was listed as appearing, but he didn't do the pre-party at Cafe Mambo, which was also advertised.

I only saw Steve Angello and Felix from Basement Jaxx @ Pacha.

Thanks for your comments and by the way, did anyone go to the Swedish House Mafia night at Pacha with Dizzee Rascal and Sebastian Ingrosso on the decks.....how good was that? Awesome night.....the only real big show in Ibiza for me this year....it had everything and the club certainly spared no expense!!

Was there in early July. Great night with a buzzing, fun atmosphere.

Not a Train Spotter in sight:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did mate. Top night. In fact Axwell was advertised on posters on the Island for that night buit did not turn up. It was probably one of my best nights out ever, top meal in the restaurant beforehand as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you pay €90 Euros for a couple of tickets which were bought to see Ferry, you can't help feeling a little hacked off in my eyes!!!

:lol:

magic_mug_plain_big.jpg

yeah was also there this night,and was a bit annoued aswell but i was mainly lookin foward seeing SvD at amnesia and he didnt dissapoint,my g/f tho was gutted.

how was the grub at the pacific mate?

:)
aye thought it was also good for a hotel tbh.Breaky i made most days (the missus didnt) was top notch and the evening meals were decent most nights(any nights we didnt fancy anything on there we just went to davids).Think were gonay go allinclusive next year.

I was there as well - I arrived around 2am and spent the first hour in the terrace, and went into the main room at 3am hoping to see SVD and Corsten (given that the main room is usually 2 hour slots from 1am).

The first I knew about the no show was when Adam Sheridan took over from van Doorn at 5am. Sander played an absolute blinder, and Sheridan brought it down a few notches - probably not the best thing to do at 5am in the morning. I was pretty disappointed myself as I went with the intention of seeing Corsten. Cream and Amnesia are very much at fault here, but good luck getting anything worthwhile out of them for the situation.

I was there as well - I arrived around 2am and spent the first hour in the terrace, and went into the main room at 3am hoping to see SVD and Corsten (given that the main room is usually 2 hour slots from 1am).

The first I knew about the no show was when Adam Sheridan took over from van Doorn at 5am. Sander played an absolute blinder, and Sheridan brought it down a few notches - probably not the best thing to do at 5am in the morning. I was pretty disappointed myself as I went with the intention of seeing Corsten. Cream and Amnesia are very much at fault here, but good luck getting anything worthwhile out of them for the situation.

I´m almost 100% sure that Sied van Riel took over at 5am....
Thankfully I knew weeks before about the Corsten no show otherwise I would be really disappointed at that moment.

Back