Crazy Americans!

Shirley a parking ticket doesn't deserve a Tasering! Especially to a 72 Year old woman.

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2009m6d2-Texas-cop-Tasers-greatgrandmother

"Either way, it's difficult to see how the issuance of a speeding ticket to an elderly woman devolved to the point where a grown, trained law-enforcement officer could be considered justified in subjecting the speeder to an electric jolt intended to disrupt her nervous system -- no matter what command of profanity she displayed.

Given that the speeding ticket had already been issued, it's also difficult to understand what purpose was served by prolonging the encounter and demanding a signature. A similar incident in Utah in 2007 between a state trooper and a motorist also resulted in a Tasering after the driver declined to sign a speeding ticket. In that case, the officer escalated the matter to a violent conclusion even though Utah law doesn't actually require a signature. Texas law apparently follows the same reasoning, considering the signature merely a promise to appear in court, not a necessity for the validity of the ticket itself."

Yea, I mean here we just shoot them with several rounds in the back of the head and ask the questions after. Makes much more sense :D

tom

TBF there is nothing wrong with it, He warned her 5 times but she still refused.

Why didn't he handcuff her First??

Tasering is seen as a last resort when a person wont co-operate. She did offer to sign the ticket but he was too far down his ego trip to hear.

The so-called officer didn't even try to handcuff her, just wanted the sick thrill of power and control over a 72yold.

Yea, I mean here we just shoot them with several rounds in the back of the head and ask the questions after. Makes much more sense
:lol: touche! :lol:

Police abuse of power happens everywhere. FACT!

Witness the guy who got beaten up at that summit in London this spring.

I think I'd rather be tazered than smashed with batons... fewer bruises!

:lol: touche! :lol:

Police abuse of power happens everywhere. FACT!

Witness the guy who got beaten up at that summit in London this spring.

I think I'd rather be tazered than smashed with batons... fewer bruises!

Hmmm, I would assess the two cases as being marginally different.

1) A 73 year old woman on her own at the side of the road is Tazered. The policemans boss says on camera his officers actions were totally justified.

2) The guy in London entered the scene of what had been a day long riot. He was treated appallingly, no denying that at all, sadly paying with his life for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The policeman, once identified was immediately suspended.

Uh... maybe... I'm sure if the 72 year old woman had DIED, then the officer would have been suspended too!

My point was just that police excesses happen everywhere, not just in rural crazy America. :!:

Why would he have been suspended had she died, the sergeant thought he had acted totally correctly!

Point taken though, I don't like to see police brutality anywhere. It seemed shocking due to the age of the woman, and you are right it could have been a n other country in the world.

Back