Cox or Hawtin!?

Ulster83

Right, in dear old Belfast town, Richie Hawtin is playing on Easter Monday about 100 yards away from where Carl Cox is playing. I can't justify splashing out on both. :(

Am i an absolute tit for choosing Cox over a night of M-Nus delight!?

Cox is playing with Timmy Stewart and Psycatron, while Hawtin is playing with Matthew Dear and Phil Kieran.

I just booked Cox as im in the mood for something a little funkier and a bit of 'COME ON BELFAST' lol

Gutted they are playing the same night though. Bloody rude! :x

Right, in dear old Belfast town, Richie Hawtin is playing on Easter Monday about 100 yards away from where Carl Cox is playing. I can't justify splashing out on both. :(

Am i an absolute tit for choosing Cox over a night of M-Nus delight!?

I'm going to see Carl Cox on easter sunday @ Colours @ The Arches in Glasgow- but I'd choose Hawtin any day of the week!

What's the licensing laws like in Northern Ireland? Do you get late finishes?

Got to Richie Hawtin mate. Was at the end in london in december for the m-nus party and Richie had the place ****ing swinging. :D

Cheers for the feedback gents. Ive gone for Cox so some of you will think im a tit in the end :p We get lots of techno/minimal in Belfast, so Cox it is!

Neilly, The finish is at 3am, but the bar will be shut longg before around 1ish! Cant see it changing while the Paisleyites rule the roost :(

Neilly, The finish is at 3am, but the bar will be shut longg before around 1ish! Cant see it changing while the Paisleyites rule the roost :(

Well in that case your better off going to Coxy then.

The bars close at 3am over here but when Hawtin plays they apply for a 5am license. I don't think he'd be as good if he only played for a couple of hours with that kind of music if you know what I mean.

Your better off going to see the big man drop some bangers! :lol:

Carl Cox is one of my all time fav DJs purely because he's been around for time and every time I've seen him he has been amazing ... HOWEVER Richie Hawtin is someone who I am desperate too see, saw him in Amnesia 2 years ago ( kind of ) place was too full spun me out (lol) didn't really get to enjoy Hawtin too busy balancing on a ledge trying to avoid being trampled sooooo think I'd pick him ... orrrrr???! XXX

I'd go Cox any day. I brought tickets to his show and didn't even end up going. Hawtin, I wouldn't pay money to see.

what does carl cox play these days? I thought he'd retired and emigrated to Australia!

what does carl cox play these days? I thought he'd retired and emigrated to Australia!

He plays House & Techno on the more commercial end of the scale. I wouldn't call him 'underground' but he knows how to rock a crowd.

I quite liked the tune he did that was in human traffic - the one that Moff was spunking off to when his mum walked in. Think it was called shaolin or something?

Back