Cost of meals

Clara

Well folks, a week today I week be in Ibiza for the first time ever and I can't wait!

Currently trying to budget money for food. How much cheaper is food in restaurants than here? Especially wondering about the cost of seafood. I'm staying in Playa Den Bossa, but probably eat in Ibiza Town. Also where do people recommend?

I'm going with my boyfriend who's a vegetarian so how easy a time will he have with the menus?

There are lots of different restuarants to choose from. Many are very reasonable and some are more expensive.

My favourite for snack type food is Kasbah in San Antonio.

K F C

its all you need my friend...................if you want food poisining

Whenever I went out I always had to walk through the west end at the end of the night to get to my hotel, so I bought some take away chicken and chips from the southern fried chicken place for about 3 Euro and ate it back at the hotel

Didnt eat during the day because with the weather an all you dont feel hungry

I bet you wont have a solid shit all week :D

I know a lot of people who go to Ibiza go out clubbing every night whilst they're there, but I'm wanting to keep in reasonably relaxed and only go out a small amount and spend most of the time just chilling. As I'm going with my boyfriend, I'll be wanting to have some nice meals rather than just chips...we eat enough of those back home!

Got to agree with Dirk about Kasbah in San An - if you are over that way at all you should definitely try it out. It's next to Kanya and Coastline at the far end of the sunset strip.

We are a young couple, that was there 2 seasons ago, and are going
back sep,6 for 9 days. The food over all is fairly reasonable for dining out.
We stayed near Ibiza town and ate a Sams Restaurant which was very
reasonable, about 25 EUR for 2 people with wine etc. El Faro is a little
more expensive in town, but has some great seafood. El Faro's was about 50-60 eur per couple for dinner with wine etc. The restaurant by the
Es Cavellet beach for lunch was about 8-11 eur per/person for a nice lunch by the sea. But be carful there when getting your bill. The spanish
host is usually drunk or on drugs, so she may give you someone elses
bill, rather than yours and they wont appologise for the screwup. Typical
spanish atitude when they make mistakes.

San Antoni is cheaper for fast foods, as that area caters to the Beer boys from UK- since you from Glasglow, stay away from San An for food.

The average dinner cost for us throu-out our holiday was about 30 eur
for dinner per/night.

I hope this helps out. Have much fun and go check out the beaches.
:D

As we tended to alternate cheap/expensive nights and also staying in Bossa, we ate cheaply at Jet some nights (and mornings), then ate some nights cheap in town (near Pacha shop) and also at the more expensive places including El Faro, Labrasa etc. The portions can be quite small so i would advise eating late if you are out clubbing.

In general the food was very good, but I probably only had 2 s**ts in 2 weeks.

I agree, once you've had some breakfast all you need is nibble before evening.

Which apartments/hotel are you staying in Bossa? We stayed in Sal Rossa which was positioned perfectly for our needs.

I would also advise travelling by cab because the bus is aweful - approx. 6-8 Euros each way.

Enjoy your holiday and make the most of it because you are staying near to all the good stuff i.e. Ibiza town, Space, Bora Bora, Salinas etc.

I'm staying in the Squash apartments with my boyfriend for a fortnight as of this saturday and I can't wait! First time I'll have been as up until quite recently I alway associated the place with the whole 'Ibiza Uncovered' "largin' it" stereotype which doesn't really appeal. I hope by staying out of San Antonio that I'll have a great time. Especially looking forward to Cocoon :D :D :D

You'll have a fantastic time and staying over this side you won't see any of the Ibiza Uncovered shit. My girlfriend was worried the same five years ago and when she came back she's had a huge smile on her face for weeks :lol:

I bet you go back next year too!

We HAVE to return each year now but we also slot in a weeks holiday earlier in year, this year we did Tunisia which was a perfect chillout and the hotels are like palace's!

Have a great time and make sure you explor Ibiza town, there's much to see off the beaten track.

If you want to have a really great meal and fantastic atmosphere you should go to d'alt vila in Ibiza Town. There is a small square near the old castle with some supurb restaurants. We go there every year and eat at restaurant Sa Torreta!
Try the champagne sangria :lol: :lol: they also have (limited) choice of vegetarian food as well. very very good
Enjoy!!!!

Yes, we've tried some of those places too - excellent - best to book though, especially in August.

Hello

Hello! I'm from Barcelona (Spain) and I want some answers, please...

I will go to Ibiza in a few days, and I don't know if now in September it's a good time for travel there.

It's possible to find a pub, club or disco... where the music are like latin music (salsa, merengue....)

It's very expensive the food there? the restaurants, fast food (hamburgers, pizzas...)

Thank you very much if you can help me, as soon as possible. And excuse me for my bad english!!!
Thank you :p

I ate sunny side up eggs without thinking a couple time and got food posioning half way thru my trip.... I felt like I was going to die.... BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT.

ibizasandeigo said:
El Faro is a little more expensive in town, but has some great seafood. El Faro's was about 50-60 eur per couple for dinner with wine etc.
pic00024.jpg
<--- :eek:

Clara said:
I know a lot of people who go to Ibiza go out clubbing every night whilst they're there, but I'm wanting to keep in reasonably relaxed and only go out a small amount and spend most of the time just chilling. As I'm going with my boyfriend, I'll be wanting to have some nice meals rather than just chips...we eat enough of those back home!

Clara - how about booking a table at Pacha for 10ish? Nice meal, surprisingly reasonably priced and then you get into the club for free? Doubt they'll have DJ Hell on though... :lol:

Back