Coq D’Argent in London (French Restaurant)

puppylover

Anyone heard of it - any comments good or bad?

Anyone got any recommendations for a French Restaurant - central London(ish) (pref with a private room for about 10 attendees)?

Thanks in advance guys....

The only French place I know is more of a Bistro on Dean St in Soho. Its cheap as chips and for the price is great tho u may be wanting something abit more upmarket?

Mirabelle & l'escargot - marco pierre white

bascially any of gordon ramseys are french derived. i've only been to his lesser one - box wood cafe. but royal hospital road, petrus, maze all michelin starred & bound to have private rooms.

Anyone got any recommendations for a French Restaurant - central London(ish) (pref with a private room for about 10 attendees)?

may I ask what's the private room for? as you may be better at stringeys!!! :lol:

Mirabelle & l'escargot - marco pierre white

bascially any of gordon ramseys are french derived. i've only been to his lesser one - box wood cafe. but royal hospital road, petrus, maze all michelin starred & bound to have private rooms.

Cheers gastronomic G man.....

what about Le Trois Garcons?? Gonna assume its french food with that name???!!!??

there's a cool bar just round the corner from Le Trois garcons.....cant remember its name though....

Last edited by a moderator:

coq d'argent full of city **nkers

trois garcons very nice
morgan m is fantastic food on liverpool road in islington... bit off beaten track but amazing food and service.... got 4 stars in metro can recommend

coq d'argent full of city **nkers

trois garcons very nice
morgan m is fantastic food on liverpool road in islington... bit off beaten track but amazing food and service.... got 4 stars in metro can recommend

ps also not french but i-thai at the hempel hotel (very minimalist and lovely) has a great private room i had a private dinner there it was excellent

Coq D'Argent is full of city types as mentioned before, especially during the week. Weekends may be slightly different but not sure. Very quiet surroundings though at weekends so depends on what you are looking for. They have a nice roof terrace which is good when the weather is good. Food is good too.

Not been to Les Trois Garcons but heard good reviews.

A fantastic French restaurant which doesnt get the credit it deserves is Pied a Terre on Charlotte Street. Michelin Starred restaurant, nice central location. Fantastic food and usually good service. They do an amazing 8 course tasting menu for around £80 and you can add a different glass of good wine (chosen to compliment the dish) for each course for an extra £70. Highly recommended.
p.s. this restaurant is similar kind of prices to Coq d'Argent

Or Fredricks in Islington...lovely garden, great food. pricey but not as pricey as C'oq D'argent...and as already mentioned...far less w*nkers.

Back