Copenhagen

Aaah but humans have a different responsibility to most species. Our intelligence comes at a price.

We have the ability to self reflect and therefore have this thing called a 'separate existence' - we actually believe we are not part of a collective whereas most animals (inc giant frogs) live in harmony with the planet and according the elements.

Believing this illusion means we use our intelligence to manipulate the elements for self gain and mastery when we could be honouring them and living by them.

This struggle can't be overcome through endless bleatings in Copenhagen or committing sums of money/hiring a PR guy to promote the issue.

It's all about getting over our self important egos...and that's the essence of why we're here.

It's all very spiritual. :lol: ;)

Self-reflection is ours alone? That'll be what religious people call conscience. There's absolutely no proof whatsoever that other animals don't have it. And it's alien to common sense thatwe're any more significant than any sort of bug. We'll be wiped out one day, and time will plod on. We'll leave nothing other than physical things and, if something to understand them exists, ideas and theories that may or may not be fact.

It's not spiritual, it's realism. When things stop existing, that's it.

The earth is millions/billions of years old and we base our knowledge on records going back 100-200 years which is laughable. The ice ages were climate change as well were they not - I don't remember seeing any stegostaurus's driving around in chelsea tractors in any of my school books???

Yes there probably is too much co2 co in the air, and that probably is a bad thing but maybe we shouldn't have knocked down all those forests

Understand where you're coming from but spirituality isn't religion. Religion is based on silly beliefs which are driven by fear.

We're not superior either. Intelligence isn't wisdom...it's just a meaningless aspect of ourselves.

This isn't a belief - it's experience, evidenced by the way we use our intelligence in a different way to most animals.

Perhaps they do have the ability to self reflect but they do so in a way that is in balance with everything else that goes on around them.

...you're referring to realism like it's some unremarkable binary code. Do you not find your own experience of reality quite amazing? I certainly do. :eek:

Understand where you're coming from but spirituality isn't religion. Religion is based on silly beliefs which are driven by fear.

We're not superior either. Intelligence isn't wisdom...it's just a meaningless aspect of ourselves.

This isn't a belief - it's experience, evidenced by the way we use our intelligence in a different way to most animals.

Perhaps they do have the ability to self reflect but they do so in a way that is in balance with everything else that goes on around them.

...you're referring to realism like it's some unremarkable binary code. Do you not find your own experience of reality quite amazing? I certainly do. :eek:

stop with all the star trek crap, it's too early :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do find it amazing, but I don't believe it's anything that any other species don't understand. We're just animals and probably less equipped to survive major climatic change than lots of other species.

Species become extinct. Our time may well be coming. Live, love and laugh, before it's too late.

Then we're effectively agreeing.

We aren't any more significant and don't possess anything superior.

...and why does this view come at the expense of having a good time?

I don't find looking at what's really going on depressing at all. The only thing that's depressing in all this is conformity and our inability to wake up.

Then we're effectively agreeing.

We aren't any more significant and don't possess anything superior.

...and why does this view come at the expense of having a good time?

I don't find looking at what's really going on depressing at all. The only thing that's depressing in all this is conformity and our inability to wake up.

I'm awake, you're awake. Lots aren't. That's what depressing.

Right - now let's form a cult, we'll get Chew to design a kick ass brand and we'll capitalise on it. :lol:

I wore a white shirt all day yesterday, yet the belly button fluff I extracted last night was blue.

hmmmmmm....?

http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_spock.jpg
orly_spock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be great if I could actually see the image Chew.

If you can't submit any initial creative by lunch time we're just going to have to source another service provider.

404 / 403

Great, you broke it.

Hope you're happy.

(It's also possible that you were dumped here because someone tried to link you directly to an image I'm hosting. Tell them to link to a page or directory instead. If you really want to see the item, copy the URL in your address bar and paste it into a new browser window.)
usingnet_soviet.jpg
Bad referrer: [SIZE=-1]http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=65105&page=2[/SIZE]

:lol:
I like this image on the page quoted by Buckley
usingnet_soviet.jpg

(the Lenin-like face is saying "Na Na... I'm using the Internet!")

Back