cool site for all you Ibiza historians

absolutely love this site - great downloads/features on there always

http://testpressing.org/

now featuring

DJ Pippi mix Pacha 1988
1935 Ibizan Tourist Brochure
Article from 'Atlas' about hippies in 1969

:)

Great site, thanks for sharing. The 'Atlas' article is quite interesting, Nazis and Hippies :eek:...
I had a quick glance at some of the older entries, lots of interesting articles, including a few old Face specials on Ibiza - with some great pictures of Ku/Summum/etc.

great site olly, thanks.

what a fantastic picture of amnesia as was........

amnesia-july-1989-1.jpg

Ahh I bet this was fcking awesome -

http://testpressing.org/2009/06/08/amnesia-review-1989/

back in the day, eh?

8)

the review of the description of the club is great......i'm just picturing the main room without a roof.......the VIP would have been so cool then, just totally open.

also, just giving the mixes a listen........pippi 1988....starts with gypsy kings combo, then "if i had a hammer, i'd hammer in the morning". :D:D:D:D:D:D:D 8)

the review of the description of the club is great......i'm just picturing the main room without a roof.......the VIP would have been so cool then, just totally open.

I know, when I first saw the picture of the way it was I thought it was Ku! :lol:

Imagine what that would have been like for someone coming from Britain to Ibiza for the first time and partying in the open air to Alfredo - no wonder they were calling it the world's best club in that article!

I know, when I first saw the picture of the way it was I thought it was Ku! :lol:

Imagine what that would have been like for someone coming from Britain to Ibiza for the first time and partying in the open air to Alfredo - no wonder they were calling it the world's best club in that article!

listening to alfredo 89 mix........lil louis - french kiss!! oh lordy!:D:D

Plenty here I'm finding interesting,thanks Olly :)
Love the old pics,also ye olde writings of The Face and suchlike.
The Atlas article I thought was very reminiscent of the Barbet Schroeder movie 'More'which must have been filmed in 1968.
Some great music and even something for the old northern soul boys to read...8)

Back