Contrast...

:lol:

This is my theory on climate change:
We ruin the climate, we die off, the Earth renews itself, and thousands of species live on and evolve.

This hysteria has nothing to do with saving the Earth. It's about saving ourselves! But we adapt well...I'm sure we'll figure out some way to survive as long as we can!

We ruin the climate, we die off, the Earth renews itself, and thousands of species live on and evolve.

This hysteria has nothing to do with saving the Earth. It's about saving ourselves! But we adapt well...I'm sure we'll figure out some way to survive as long as we can!

indeed. in a billion years time, bird flu and swine flu will be debating whether to goto what is now Mexico, due to an airbourne outbreak of Flu Ebola.

I concur..... 8)

But we are the earth - we came from it and will head back there when we pack up and leave.

I thought they were nice photos anyway. :rolleyes: :lol:

I live on the top floor of a council block (you really must come over actually - shame we didn't collide last time you were down)...every night without fail, pretty much all the lights of every single office block in the city stay on all night.

The intention may not be menacing but the level of carelessness and general apathy kind of is. Especially when we constantly get fed messages about not leaving TV sets on standby and using energy saving lightbulbs.

(mind you, the lights and purple pollution cloud do make a mean sunset! :lol:)

I live on the top floor of a council block (you really must come over actually - shame we didn't collide last time you were down)...every night without fail, pretty much all the lights of every single office block in the city stay on all night.

The intention may not be menacing but the level of carelessness and general apathy kind of is. Especially when we constantly get fed messages about not leaving TV sets on standby and using energy saving lightbulbs.

(mind you, the lights and purple pollution cloud do make a mean sunset! :lol:)

It does make for a prettier night time view tho rather than just black ;)

It does make for a prettier night time view tho rather than just black ;)

That's what stars used to do before pollution / artificial light blacked them all out! :rolleyes: :lol:

I've never seen a more prettier sky than when travelling, once all the lights are turned off, and only stars and a few candles in beach huts remain lit.

Oh god yes - so true.

When you do have the luxury of being in complete darkness the sky is frightening...galaxies within galaxies that go on forever and make you feel so insignificant.

Definitely the best view on the planet and it's always on your doorstep regardless of where you travel (besides London and other major cities of course - grrrr!)

Oh god yes - so true.

When you do have the luxury of being in complete darkness the sky is frightening...galaxies within galaxies that go on forever and make you feel so insignificant.

Definitely the best view on the planet and it's always on your doorstep regardless of where you travel (besides London and other major cities of course - grrrr!)

I do like to see the stars if you can view them somewhere that doesn't have light pollution its an awesome sight. But being a City boy through and through I love seeing cities at night!! It can imo be just as impressive as the stars in a different way.

Oh god yes - so true.

It's only when you go somewhere really remote do you realise how much artificial light we have in our lives!
We stayed on an island in Laos on the Mekong river that had no electricity, it was amazing! Once the sun went down literally everywhere was PITCH BLACK. I've never seen (or not seen as the case may be :lol:) anything like it! Had quite a scary experience though when we were walking back to our hut trying to get a bit of light from our small wind-up torch and came across one of these chaps on the path :eek::lol:

Back