Congrats To Zenit St Petersburg

losing european cup finals sucks.:( especially when you're there.

tough luck mate.

just didn't happen on the night
i had a great day until i got stranded

lovely weather
good atmosphere
drinkies
zenit & rangers fans mixing freely and with good banter (rangers had camped out at the balcony bar in the station with every zenit arrived, boos rang out and the zenit fans just flew their flags more proudly)

cracking stadium (although too wee)
good pre-match build up
and nice to see the bears applauding the Zenit achievement and also the appreciation for the Rangers efforts

Nice a hear a report from an actual fan that shows the positive side of things and doesn't report that it was constantly like Beirut with every available Rangers fan smashing the place up. Yet again, the media go on and blow everything out of proportion and idiots who don't know anything go ahead and assume all football fans are scumbags.

Also, these idiots who come along jumping on the bandwagon of failure. I don't care what rivalries you got. In Europe, we gotta back our home nations. It was never like this back in the old days and no matter how much I hate some teams, I will always back them ahead of a foreign team ( even the Scots, especially against neo - nazi, oil funded, pre - packaged, scumbag Ruskis ). Easy to jump on someones heartbreak as well, when we ( AFCB ) got relegated we had Carlisle giving it us proper ( considering they are a team who are not adverse to relegations too ) and it fooking hurts, you'd think fans would be more empathetic. I supposes that's football though.

Firstly, they're more natural gas-funded than oil-funded.

Secondly, watch who you call "scumbag" you little bellsniff!

Sorry.... for some reason, on first reading, I thought the 'scumbag' term was referring to all Russians not specifically Zenit. Not that everyone associated with Zenit is bad... I have some good friends from St Pete who support the team.

Unlucky? They got their were thoroughly outplayed!

Rangers had 15 good minutes in the 2nd half and that's it. Otherwise, Zenit had all the possession and, while I realize that was part of the Ranger game plan, I thought Zenit always looked dangerous. They closed down Rangers players extremely well when they had the ball. Arshavin and Denisov were plenty dangerous. All around great effort.

I was of 2 minds about the result. Nice to see a Russian team bringing home a 2nd UEFA Cup in 4 years. However, I really wish it were any team except Zenit!! I have a few friends from St Pete who support them and they're normal people, but a huge portion of their support could kindly be described as neo-nazis :!:

Wasn't really meant in that context Jon I watched the game I know who deserved to win!

Danny Dyer reported on 'International Football Factories' that Zenit are 'proper naughty neo-nazi f**king nutters with mad crazy boats'. And Danny Dyer knows everything.

Danny Dyer reported on 'International Football Factories' that Zenit are 'proper naughty neo-nazi f**king nutters with mad crazy boats'. And Danny Dyer knows everything.

You won't meet a more down to earth person though. He is just basically a lad who has done well for himself with very limited ability. Granted in the Football Factories he comes across as a bit of lemon but that is all part of it as most of the people he is interviewing are lemons too (plus the people sitting at home watching it self included ;)!)

I'm well confused. Are people angry at me here ? If so I should write some abuse back, if not, kissey kissey.

Back