Compositions on Playstation......compatibility question.

D

djkrizz

I found a new program to compose tracks in better quality (without midi instruments) than fruity loops, cubase, etc....

But, the program (called "music generator 2") runs on playstation 2...

The problem is to import the files onto wavelab or soundlab (pc), as there's no compatibility....

How to export ps2 files onto pc to convert into mp3 files???

any hints?

ps: i look to get it imported without losing sound quality.

thx :twisted:

Can't you just use some kind of proggy that records anything that goes through your soundcard - like total recorder - and pop ur ps2 into the line in???

Never tried it myself - in fact never put anything thru my sound card to record it to wav - but im sure it could be done...

well, the problem is, that the audio output of the ps2 can not be connected to the soundcard, i cant find the propper cables (they seem not to exist); but yeah, otherwise that would have been the solution.

How about this...

Set up the console as usual using the scart and then put one of those audio lead to headphone jack adaptors at each end of a normal audio lead (the small adaptors with 2 female audio ins to one male headphone jack). Then plug one of the headphone jacks into TV and the jack at the other end of the audio lead to the line in on the soundcard.

Then total recorder or similar can record the music going through the soundcard as a wav file.

The only problem with this is that it might only record in mono - so this may not be any good - dunno...

Its really got me thinking now as well :confused:

djkrizz said:
well, the problem is, that the audio output of the ps2 can not be connected to the soundcard, i cant find the propper cables (they seem not to exist); but yeah, otherwise that would have been the solution.

The PS2 comes with a standard 3 phono lead (L/R Audio and Video). Phono is industry standard for connecting audio deviced, so I cannot believe that you cannot find the right cable.

All you need is a 2 female phono to 3.5mm jack lead.

A quick look on www.maplin.co.uk found this for £1.99:

34196i0.jpg

That is all you need. All soundcards have 3.5mm input jacks.

Yip DjB - thats the one... I just tried it with my Xbox and it works ok...

Just copied a track from "Unreal Championship" to a wav. file and it sounds fine :)

Back